Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 85.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

You need to finish the songs to get the 2X, 3X, 5X etc multipliers going. I believe you have to finish 2 songs to get 2x, 3rd song 3x etc. I personally changed the settings to light 2x after the first song completion and find it much more fun and easier to get also.

There is a difference o. The multiplier. The song one gets assigned to one shot like SM arrow completion. After completing 2 songs (default) it is a playfield multiplier. Both end when you drain..

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

I personally changed the settings to light 2x after the first song completion and find it much more fun and easier to get also.

+1 to that.

I also changed all the songs to live versions (with a couple different songs too) and it really fits the whole feel of the game better.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

i love how this thread went silent and everyone quit bitching when the code came out.... there is not much positive or negative conversation about it

That's because there's not much positive or negative TO say about it. It's ok. Still find it pretty underwhelming. Hoping next code will bring it to life properly.

#1654 4 years ago

Anyone having problem with the demon ball lock? On the previous code, mine worked great. Now, it struggles to get the 3rd ball up there. I increased the power to 64 and still did nothing. Granted, I could've had this problem from the start, but the lack of me playing it on the old code, could've mean it never reared its ugly head.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

The color of the inserts change. I believe it's blue and then purple (could be reversed).

Seems like you cannot tell on the pro since those aren't RGB inserts

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone having problem with the demon ball lock? On the previous code, mine worked great. Now, it struggles to get the 3rd ball up there. I increased the power to 64 and still did nothing. Granted, I could've had this problem from the start, but the lack of me playing it on the old code, could've mean it never reared its ugly head.

I've found that changing the setting to 64 is too strong. The ball goes up so hard that it hits the top and bounces right back down. I've got mine set somewhere in the middle near the default and it works great. Maybe you could start making incremental adjustments down from 64 until you hit a value that works. Of course if yours isn't kicking the ball up at all there must be something else wrong. Good luck!

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I've found that changing the setting to 64 is too strong. The ball goes up so hard that it hits the top and bounces right back down. I've got mine set somewhere in the middle near the default and it works great. Maybe you could start making incremental adjustments down from 64 until you hit a value that works. Of course if yours isn't kicking the ball up at all there must be something else wrong. Good luck!

It's kicking it up, just falls right back down. Balls 1 & 2 works great.

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's kicking it up, just falls right back down. Balls 1 & 2 works great.

Maybe it's hitting that second ball and bouncing back down? Have you tried adjusting the strength down in small increments? I know that is probably difficult to test.

#1659 4 years ago

when the game offers to 'change the song' does that mean you've 'completed' the song you're on?

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

when the game offers to 'change the song' does that mean you've 'completed' the song you're on?

Yes.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Maybe it's hitting that second ball and bouncing back down? Have you tried adjusting the strength down in small increments? I know that is probably difficult to test.

Yep, got it to work. I lowered the strength from 32 down to 24. Works every time now. I hope in the next update, they rename the setting. What looks like the VUK, is actually the ball eject from the mouth. And what looks like the ball eject from the mouth, is actually the VUK.

As I was testing it, I could see the first locked ball move around when the 3rd one would shoot up on 32 power. At 24, that first ball barely moves. I just need to remind myself to adjust this with all future updates.

#1662 4 years ago

Lowered what down ball eject? Mine was fine before the update.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Lowered what down ball eject? Mine was fine before the update.

The "ball eject" is actually the VUK. At setting 32, the 3rd ball would always bounce back. At 24, it doesn't.

#1664 4 years ago

Just a follow up on this...It seems this is only true during the game while a ball is in play. I've gotten the 'offer' to change the song after draining a ball (before I plunge new one) when I know for sure I havent 100% completed the song...

#1665 4 years ago

I made an adjustment on the Demon VUK. I took the assembly off underneath (5 screws). On the bottom left screw, I put 2 washers. On the middle left screw I put 1 washer and the bottom right screw I put 1 washer. The washers go underneath the assembly. All I'm trying to do is target the ball to the rear of trough and away from the lip. Then I set the power to around 26-28. The balls stay up there every time now and makes it up every time.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

+1 to that.
I also changed all the songs to live versions (with a couple different songs too) and it really fits the whole feel of the game better.

How did you do this?? Would love to do the same.

#1667 4 years ago

What is the status of the next update? Is was supposed to be 2 parts.

#1668 4 years ago

I would think part 2 by Xmas

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I agree...
Waiting for someone on here to put up another rumour based on here say lol

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I dont know but I doubt it will help my ball time lol. FAK! I have KISS and MET side by side. I can play 'forever' on MET but KISS kills me. I'm not sure if I even like playing it or if I'm just mad at it and want to show it that I'm not awful.

#1671 4 years ago

So, what's the rumor for next KISS code release date?

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So, what's the rumor for next KISS code release date?

Tomorrow. Again.

annie-kiss-gene_(resized).jpg

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Tomorrow. Again.

Kiss codes coming.... thats what they always say running around in a little circle ....

1 week later
#1674 4 years ago

Cant wait for the next update at Christmas. . Its going to be awesome

#1675 4 years ago

At this point if you're still not happy with the code you should just sell it. Latest code is a big step in the right direction IMO.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

At this point if you're still not happy with the code you should just sell it. Latest code is a big step in the right direction IMO.

I agree, but the useless cities that do nothing are a major red flag screaming "hey, I'm missing!"

If they had just left them out until they were ready to do something, it wouldn't even be noticed. But the city/song selection is literally the first thing you see...

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I agree, but the useless cities that do nothing are a major red flag screaming "hey, I'm missing!"
If they had just left them out until they were ready to do something, it wouldn't even be noticed. But the city/song selection is literally the first thing you see...

uh oh....Better sell your machine....Or shut up!!

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No argument there. The cities are a big oversight. If they don't address those in the next update I'll be shocked.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

uh oh....Better sell your machine....Or shut up!!

Hahaha...it's not even my machine, but I can tell when something's missing. My point was, why even HAVE it in the software if it does nothing? All it does is invite complaints. Just leave out the cities until they DO something, problem solved. But it's too late for this title.

#1680 4 years ago

They might have the city's just to have the call outs during the game.

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Hahaha...it's not even my machine, but I can tell when something's missing. My point was, why even HAVE it in the software if it does nothing? All it does is invite complaints. Just leave out the cities until they DO something, problem solved. But it's too late for this title.

Was totally kidding. I agree 100%. I was making fun of people saying 'if you don't like it now, may as well sell!'. Code is moving (glacially) in the right direction. If they keep it up it could be a really fun game. We're coming up to its 1 year anniversary....hope big/close to final update comes by/near then.

#1682 4 years ago

And with Color DMD now supporting Spike we need the code to be complete so eventually it may get full color.....it is screaming for it.

#1683 4 years ago

That's got to be tough to colorize the live action dots.

Update on my machine. To make room for Ghostbusters LE, I had to move the machine to a friend's house. Once I buy a bigger place, I will take it back. Hopefully by then, the code will be close to complete.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's got to be tough to colorize the live action dots.
Update on my machine. To make room for Ghostbusters LE, I had to move the machine to a friend's house. Once I buy a bigger place, I will take it back. Hopefully by then, the code will be close to complete.

Supposedly the extra level of difficulty with KISS digitized video is they don't have a reference for the footage in real life like they did for Iron Man, for example.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

How did you do this?? Would love to do the same.

PM sent.

1 week later
#1686 4 years ago

Still no word?

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Still no word?

Last I heard was tomorrow...but I heard that the day before, too.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Last I heard was tomorrow...but I heard that the day before, too.

I actually heard it was the 23rd of this month when chook lotto happens in the factory. They all sit on the floor spin a dice and decide when it will happen. The chooks get handed out at the end of the night when the date is decided before they head down to the pub to blow off the froth off a couple .. fair dinkum I reckon that what happens as this sheila at Stern told me so after playin possum with me the other night while we were watchin the crocs down near the billabong munch on some killer koala bears ...

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I actually heard it was the 23rd of this month when chook lotto happens in the factory. They all sit on the floor spin a dice and decide when it will happen. The chooks get handed out at the end of the night when the date is decided before they head down to the pub to blow off the froth off a couple .. fair dinkum I reckon that what happens as this sheila at Stern told me so after playin possum with me the other night while we were watchin the crocs down near the billabong munch on some killer koala bears ...

bloke, stern is a bludger when it comes to code. you are such a dag.

#1690 4 years ago

Code update Stern.. Please

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

bloke, stern is a bludger when it comes to code. you are such a dag.

Well at least i dont look like the east side of a west bound camel

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Well at least i dont look like the east side of a west bound camel

dont like my aussie slang?

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

dont like my aussie slang?

Lol no it didn't come across right
Much like if i sang the song promoting our beer which is - 'i can feel a fourex coming on ' ... im told in the states fourex is a male contraception device?
We have a beer in Queensland called fourex lol

Bring on the new Kiss code!!!?? !!

#1694 4 years ago

this weekend I picked up a twilight zone. played the hell outa it. jeeze after loving the kiss pin and ok with new code, now it feels like a turd. I am pretty disappointed in the new code. holding off buying new sterns, gotta look at adams family, tom, older cool stuff that is new to me. the next code has to be a big update, or people gonna bail on this title.

1 week later
#1695 4 years ago

Kiss code - new updated needed please!

#1696 4 years ago

Just takes too much time for these updates to come to fruition. Lesson learned though cheaper and more complete code buying Stern's on the secondary market.

#1697 4 years ago

I will never buy a new in box again. Totally agree with you The_Dude_Abides

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I will never buy a new in box again. Totally agree with you The_Dude_Abides

Or buy Dwight and Lyman games.

#1699 4 years ago

The game was bad when I bought it, bad when I sold it, and continues to be bad, unless, of course, you don't mind glaring omissions like the cities doing nothing and the CHEESEBALL call-outs by (I think) Gene Simmons (you kept your end of the bargain.....)

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The game was bad when I bought it, bad when I sold it, and continues to be bad, unless, of course, you don't mind glaring omissions like the cities doing nothing and the CHEESEBALL call-outs by (I think) Gene Simmons (you kept your end of the bargain.....)

I think there's just certain things with the design of the shots that no amount of code is ever going to fix. Shooting the Gene head is no fun when it's not lit for a lock or jackpot. Shooting between the bumpers is satisfying, but not a shot you want to keep trying to make even if the hurry up is lit. Shooting the starchild area is lackluster when the ball dribbles back out after hitting 1 target. And the ramp shots just don't give any flow to the game.

I had a KISS and sold it. I hope everyone gets another update or two and will be happy with the games. Last november I bailed on mine because it was pretty obvious that code support for the game was not a priority and that LR was yet again not going to finish a game he started.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside