F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 85.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Actually, I right clicked the file and it's reads .98 GB. You may have a shot!

Negative. I tried on a 1GB at first and it ran out of room.

#1602 8 years ago

Mine read 1.06 GB.

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just an FYI the new KISS code v1.28 was coded by Lyman.
Also there is to be another update as well for KISS in the near future.

They said the same thing for Star Trek after the last release. Still waiting on that one too.

#1604 8 years ago

Super underwhelmed to be honest. Game seems to be less fun for me with new code. Don't know why?

Anyone having issues with weak left flipper after update?

#1605 8 years ago

Is there any new video or DOTS in the new code? I don't notice any.

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Super underwhelmed to be honest. Game seems to be less fun for me with new code. Don't know why?
Anyone having issues with weak left flipper after update?

Nope - the new code is fantastic. Adds so much depth to the strategy. Have you been to grid multi-ball yet? The Gi effects are amazing! I don't know how it can be less fun, the code just added additional rules for more scoring and didn't take anything away. Have you played it?

#1607 8 years ago

Loving the new code!

Is it a top ten game? Nope! But, it's out of Beta and is a ton of fun. My brother crushed HOF tonight, hope to be able to get there myself soon.

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Nope - the new code is fantastic. Adds so much depth to the strategy. Have you been to grid multi-ball yet? The Gi effects are amazing! I don't know how it can be less fun, the code just added additional rules for more scoring and didn't take anything away. Have you played it?

I played the new code today and I think it's a turn in the right direction, but there's still A LOT left to be done. At least the grid is now something you pay attention to, unlike before where it was meaningless. Another song is good, but the game could still use a one or two more, especially "I was made for loving you".

Rob

#1609 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I played the new code today and I think it's a turn in the right direction, but there's still A LOT left to be done. At least the grid is now something you pay attention to, unlike before where it was meaningless. Another song is good, but the game could still use a one or two more, especially "I was made for loving you".
Rob

I agree completely - I don't think it's done yet, but I think it's going in the right direction with the added layer of strategy. The stress of keeping the ball alive after finishing a few songs for a big playfield multipiler is really fun. I love locking the balls during demon multi-ball for the multiplier. Can't wait to see how they integrate the cities.

#1610 8 years ago

I'm not recognizing any new dots, I thought there would be way more new graphics and call-outs but I am not recognizing anything.

#1611 8 years ago

There are definitely more video dots of fans in the crowd added to a few songs. Shout it out loud for sure has some, and another song I'm not sure which one off the top of my head.

The update is heading the right way but doesn't really add that much considering how long it took to get to us. What I'm hoping happened is the big update that they were supposed to be releasing included the cities etc but due to the bugs was put off until later and this smaller update that was less buggy was released to hold us over.

#1612 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay I'm sure they will help you get to the bottom of it. Please keep us posted on any fixes as it may help others with the same problem in the future.

Turned out the first set of optos was out of alignment in the head. Little bendy action and were back in business.

#1613 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Turned out the first set of optos was out of alignment in the head. Little bendy action and were back in business.

That's exactly what it sounded like glad it was a pretty easy diagnosis n fix. Hope now you can play some KISS. Such a fun layout.

#1614 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That's exactly what it sounded like glad it was a pretty easy diagnosis n fix. Hope now you can play some KISS. Such a fun layout.

My pro stayed clean, but my friends new-ish premium seems to be puking black gunk from the disc all over the game. I could see big black spots on the pinballs.

Rob

#1615 8 years ago

Anyone with a PRE/LE having issues with the love gun magnet not 'dropping off' the ball? Mine takes the ball, brings it to the drop spot and then brings it back to the right top of ramp without actually dropping it off...

Does it every time...Makes the game unplayable...

Ideas?

#1616 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Anyone with a PRE/LE having issues with the love gun magnet not 'dropping off' the ball? Mine takes the ball, brings it to the drop spot and then brings it back to the right top of ramp without actually dropping it off...
Ideas?

I haven't had an issue with mine

#1617 8 years ago

Ideas?

Change your balls out - Maybe they're magnetized?

#1618 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My pro stayed clean, but my friends new-ish premium seems to be puking black gunk from the disc all over the game. I could see big black spots on the pinballs.
Rob

My premium has never had this issue.

#1619 8 years ago

Anyone else having a few small issues with the gene head after the update? Mine goes into a ball search after the second ball is locked and will not find the ball unless I power cycle the game. Never had any issues before the update.

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

My premium has never had this issue.

Our LE has black marks all over it. I have cleaned it up twice now. The balls get all kinds of black crap on them too.

Quoted from jgentry:

Anyone else having a few small issues with the gene head after the update? Mine goes into a ball search after the second ball is locked and will not find the ball unless I power cycle the game. Never had any issues before the update.

Check your optos in the head. I had opto #1 out of alignment and I had alot of ball search issues.

#1621 8 years ago

That really stinks that some machines have this issue and some don't. I haven't seen any black marks on balls or playfield, except for streaking at the bottom of the in-lanes.

Could it be when it was made? I received mine in October last year. Maybe machines produced earlier are susceptible to this?

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

That really stinks that some machines have this issue and some don't. I haven't seen any black marks on balls or playfield, except for streaking at the bottom of the in-lanes.
Could it be when it was made? I received mine in October last year. Maybe machines produced earlier are susceptible to this?

Remove spinning disc and apply duct tape or a round sticker. I used to make them but am deployed now so you are left for a diy

#1623 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Remove spinning disc and apply duct tape or a round sticker. I used to make them but am deployed now so you are left for a diy

Will the clear discs from tron fit KISS too?

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will the clear discs from tron fit KISS too?

I honestly can remember. It would be way to get circumference measurement by removing disc from under play field by removing the four screws and then compare and go from there

#1625 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I know for a fact Stern used 2 different types of material on the Demon disc. One is firmer that doesn't shed and the other is a sticky softer one that shits black all over. Cover it with something suggested and swap out as many of the black rubbers as you can. I got my Pre in September '15 and the pf still looks new.

#1626 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

... the other is a sticky softer one that shits black all over.

Sad that they didn't learn from NBA. The discs on those also got destroyed pretty quickly.

#1627 8 years ago

The black marks stop at around 50 plays. My Pro had it, after a week it was fine. My Tron did the same thing when I got it.

Really no need to do anything except clean the balls and play field.

#1628 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

The black marks stop at around 50 plays. My Pro had it, after a week it was fine. My Tron did the same thing when I got it.
Really no need to do anything except clean the balls and play field.

^^^ This. I also removed my disc mech. two or three times last summer after I got the game and cleaned the disc with rubbing alcohol. The same for the balls and the playfield rubbers. No marks at all anymore, only regular playfield dirt to clean occasionally.

#1629 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I haven't noticed any black spots from spinner on my Premium but it's home use so the play is limited.

Ideas?

As mentioned above first thing to do would be to replace pinballs see if that helps. If not check connections & see if the magnet turns off n on how it should via test menu.

#1630 8 years ago

Updated an LE and have no issues. Great code update. Looking forward to more updates.

#1631 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Updated an LE and have no issues. Great code update. Looking forward to more updates.

Haven't really been able to play mine with the update yet. What's the best part of the update to you?

#1632 8 years ago

Sounds like some people don't clean their balls...

#1633 7 years ago

I wait ages for new code then 6 games into new code game resets Spoke to distributor he's saying it's the SD card

#1634 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I wait ages for new code then 6 games into new code game resets Spoke to distributor he's saying it's the SD card

Funny, mine did exactly the same thing. Turned out node 8 had blown coincidentally so wasn't the code update....or was it? Are your node boards functioning properly?

#1635 7 years ago

Hmmmmm Was the code deliberately delayed until the majority of people's warranties were up in order to not have to replace a bunch of faulty node boards? We're there previous code updates but the problem was they were blowing node boards? Seems all I have is time to think about these conspiracies since I can't play my machines

#1636 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

The company Sandisk says that 40% of all the memory cards on the market with their name on them are counterfeit.

I'm sure its the same with Kingston, Patriot, and Toshiba.

I'd make a copy of the old SD card BEFORE attempting any updates, so you can recover from a failure without waiting a week for a replacement from Stern.

Get real Sandisk cards at B&H, $5.99 :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1077088-REG/sandisk_sdsdun_008g_g46_ultra_sd_8gb_card_40.html

#1637 7 years ago

I have a problem with my flipper.
In multibilles I had two balls stuck in the demon ejector.
I had to dismantle and remove the balls.
Who has had this problem?
Solution?

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I have a problem with my flipper.
In multibilles I had two balls stuck in the demon ejector.
I had to dismantle and remove the balls.
Who has had this problem?
Solution?

I had that exact problem last week. Removed the upkicker assembly from underneath to clear.

The better solution is to use a magnet on a telescoping rod (now that I have one) to remove the top ball from the front. Much easier.

#1639 7 years ago

Part of my standard toolkit is a Neo magnet connected to a wire handle from a Chinese take out box.

Those Neo magnets are super strong so they will grab your balls instantly.

Perfect for retrieving balls from a VUK, or trough

Neodymium-button-magnet_(resized).jpgNeodymium-button-magnet_(resized).jpg

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Funny, mine did exactly the same thing. Turned out node 8 had blown coincidentally so wasn't the code update....or was it? Are your node boards functioning properly?

As far as I know there working after code update it then said updating node boards then said node board update successful.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The company Sandisk says that 40% of all the memory cards on the market with their name on them are counterfeit.
I'm sure its the same with Kingston, Patriot, and Toshiba.
I'd make a copy of the old SD card BEFORE attempting any updates, so you can recover from a failure without waiting a week for a replacement from Stern.
Get real Sandisk cards at B&H, $5.99 :
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1077088-REG/sandisk_sdsdun_008g_g46_ultra_sd_8gb_card_40.html

Cheers for info my Aussie distributor said he'd been talking to a Stern tech and Stern said that the $3 cards just don't cut it. So my distributor is making up new cards and there sending me a new card hopefully it works.

#1642 7 years ago

Well I got the new SD card and played about 10 games and so far so good quick question about new code when I get the grid finished the first time how do I know my progress through the 2nd time when the grid stays lit?

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Well I got the new SD card and played about 10 games and so far so good quick question about new code when I get the grid finished the first time how do I know my progress through the 2nd time when the grid stays lit?

The color of the inserts change. I believe it's blue and then purple (could be reversed).

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Well I got the new SD card and played about 10 games and so far so good

Tons of owners all over the world were having problems with those junky SD cards.

Glad you got fixed up with a good one

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

The color of the inserts change. I believe it's blue and then purple (could be reversed).

Does it do this on the pros?
I have never noticed this

#1646 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Good point. Mine's an LE and didn't think about that..

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yeah mines a pro to it says grid 1 complete I think I got 5 million but then all inserts stay lit so I have no idea how far through grid 2 I'm progressing lol next I need to figure out how to achieve 2x PF scoring.

1 week later
#1648 7 years ago

Cant wait to see the next update ...hope its soon

#1649 7 years ago

i love how this thread went silent and everyone quit bitching when the code came out.... there is not much positive or negative conversation about it

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:I need to figure out how to achieve 2x PF scoring.

You need to finish the songs to get the 2X, 3X, 5X etc multipliers going. I believe you have to finish 2 songs to get 2x, 3rd song 3x etc. I personally changed the settings to light 2x after the first song completion and find it much more fun and easier to get also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.