F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 85.
#101 8 years ago

Hoping for a new multi ball mode

download_(4)_(resized).jpgdownload_(4)_(resized).jpg

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i really dont think they care.
they sold a bunch and still selling a ton of new games.

Why do you think this? I know for a fact stern reads these threads and takes a lot of things into consideration. Some things just take time.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, its already a long wait, but dont worry, as said before think about MET or XMEN.

Met was coded by Lyman and X-Men was a gaddamn nightmare experience to go thru. Both have nothing to do with Kiss. Don't think about them lol

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why do you think this? I know for a fact stern reads these threads and takes a lot of things into consideration. Some things just take time.

building highways and bridges takes time. don't make excuses for stern. they are making more pins and focusing on their new stuff and putting their sold pins on standbye. 8 months is totally unexceptable. if they read this....no got for me, no spidey ve, no ghostbusters. I wont buy another incomplete pin from them. it took tim skelly of cinematronics 3 months to create games with punch cards on an old computer station.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I wont buy another incomplete pin from them.

I'm not sure why anyone would do this ever unless they were perfectly happy with the pin in its current state.

#106 8 years ago

I sympathize for you.
We, the owners wwe, it has been 14 months and still no complete code.
Not even a real update of the code.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I sympathize for you.
We, the owners wwe, it has been 14 months and still no complete code.
Not even a real update of the code.

really really bad customer service......

#108 8 years ago

It will be interesting to see what they do with the cities and perhaps song completions....It's a fun game as-is, but I think it has potential to be so much more....WWE on the other hand.....the ring kinda hurts it's potential, but I think some more code would help...a little. I hate to see dud pins.....especially for those that bought them NIB. Mustang got slammed, which kept me from picking up a premium...I like the games, but I don't want to take a $2K loss on it.

#109 8 years ago

I've been waiting for the new code to switch out the songs. Been a few weeks since I turned the game on.

#112 8 years ago

I'm waiting for the next code drop to see if this is a game I want to purchase. I like a lot of things about it but I'm not taking a risk on the code not being good enough when it's finished. Not saying stern won't get my money, but they won't for KISS in it's current state.

#113 8 years ago

I would have thought with a huge branding like KISS this title would get well looked after? I mean be the flag ship of the pins they have made to date ...yet nothing ???

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I would have thought with a huge branding like KISS this title would get well looked after? I mean be the flag ship of the pins they have made to date ...yet nothing ???

Every Stern game is licensed with "huge" branding. Kiss is no different.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every Stern game is licensed with "huge" branding. Kiss is no different.

Actually your wrong there ..kiss is one of the biggest brands out there and also when you see the high demands for the old bally 7os version you would know how popular it is even today. So they need to get this title right ...unless your under 30 you wouldn't know this sunshine

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Actually your wrong there ..kiss is one of the biggest brands out there and also when you see the high demands for the old bally 7os version you would know how popular it is even today. So they need to get this title right ...unless your under 30 you wouldn't know this sunshine

In any case, Kiss has zero clout when it comes to coding issues.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? so you think if Gene got on Gary's arse about the lame code that Gary would tell him "you have zero clout Gene".......... I think not

#118 8 years ago

Based on on the last several years the issues seem to based on the programming team. For whatever reason they just seem to have fewer updates with more time in between them. I think Mustang code wise turned out pretty good so hopefully they get it right. The game looks great and shots pretty good so it would be a shame if it comes up short code wise.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Really? so you think if Gene got on Gary's arse about the lame code that Gary would tell him "you have zero clout Gene".......... I think not

I doubt Gene Simmons knows about or cares what "code" is. I'm not going to debate the importance of Kiss compared to other licenses...it's irrelevant. Every license stern deals with is "important" and protective of their brand. Not ONE has ever held Stern accountable for pinball code issues. It's just completely off their radar.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

wwe-endless-cycles_(resized).jpg

man, she bends good !

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not ONE has ever held Stern accountable for pinball code issues. It's just completely off their radar.

Yet NIB owners continue to claim they were "deceived" when it comes to code.
If new collectors keep drinking the Stern coding "Cool Aid", not much the community can do to fix the problem.
Licensing of themes does not seem to effect the willingness of Stern to finish the code properly, ever.
WWE or NASCAR anyone?
Extremely popular in the certain "worlds".
Especially with fanboys who like to dress up in spandex and climb on chairs.

Distributors don't make a fuss either, until sales start stalling.
Some are getting "leary" now though, and preorders are cautious for many titles.
They are watching the market closely.
Operators have significant influence, but it takes some time to get the steam engine running based on circular feedback.
Heaven help us again if GB does the same thing as GoT, and shuddering of what would happen like with Xmen, Avengers, WoF, KISS, WWE and many others.

I still don't know why collectors do not at least play the game as a test or on location early enough to make a proper judgement.
Things really do stand out quickly with just a few dollars of gameplay.
It is not that hard to find what you are looking for, do a location search.
I remember playing one of the earliest runs of LOTR back in 2003 in Las Vegas.
Put a couple of hours under my belt and made a good quality assessment.

I realize a person *might* miss out on a LE, but generally premiums have most of the features anyway.
Not that I would mind have a real backglass again on some of my later machines, but that is not worth an extra $1000. The only backglasses that are worth $1000 or more are prototypes or the original art, and good ones at that. Those do not even go in machines, but on walls in frames protected.

I own one late model "modern" Stern for good reason right now and it is not because of pinball budgetary concerns.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I still don't know why collectors do not at least play the game as a test or on location early enough to make a proper judgement.

Dream themes cause collectors to "Day 1 Buy" ...that's why licensing works. I'm guilty of it. When it's a theme you feel was made "just for you" you put on your rose colored glasses and hope for the best! Not saying it's right...but that's what happens.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[Personal attack removed by moderator]

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

[Personal attack removed by moderator]

I'm more offended by the fact that you still don't know when to use "you're" instead of "your".

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm more offended by the fact that you still don't know when to use "you're" instead of "your".

Your is correct ... same as we spell colour instead of color ... like when you yanks say Mom we say Mum .... so ' your ' is correct

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Your is correct ... same as we spell colour instead of color ... like when you yanks say Mom we say Mum .... so ' your ' is correct

Wow.

You're = you are.
Your = possessive.

This isn't an American English vs. British English issue.

http://m.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I realize a person *might* miss out on a LE, but generally premiums have most of the features anyway.
Not that I would mind have a real backglass again on some of my later machines, but that is not worth an extra $1000. The only backglasses that are worth $1000 or more are prototypes or the original art, and good ones at that. Those do not even go in machines, but on walls in frames protected.

I am not exactly sure what is going in the LE's can be considered a real backglass in the "classic" sense. It is a piece of glass with the artwork stuck on to it. Not direct screened/printed like we all are use to. Much cheaper than a "real" backglass.

#128 8 years ago

I never trust someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're...it's so simple!

As far as Stern code, I've come to terms with their system. It was really easy to blast them for taking a year or more on most titles, cause, after all...Uncle Willy almost NEVER released unfinished games.

But then you think about it...even an early code Stern is usually as deep as any of those Williams games. Even something like KISS as it is now. So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time.

You just mentioned two Lyman games. Kiss is not a Lyman game....you can't compare Kiss to Met/TWD.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But then you think about it...even an early code Stern is usually as deep as any of those Williams games. Even something like KISS as it is now. So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time.

Agreed.

The more I play Kiss, the more I enjoy it. The code can absolutely improve, but Jesus Christ, the game has 4 multiballs, a wizard mode, hurry-ups, super scoring, etc. Combined with some difficult shots, it's still a ton of fun. Kiss plays kind of like a jacked SS game, but I think we've come to expect more with modern games. Kiss isn't abandoned or forgotten... It's just taking longer than anticipated for a killer update.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am not exactly sure what is going in the LE's can be considered a real backglass in the "classic" sense. It is a piece of glass with the artwork stuck on to it. Not direct screened/printed like we all are use to. Much cheaper than a "real" backglass.

I though SM Black was screened with silver mirroring in 2007? Is not Whoa Nellie a proper backglass? I don't know what Stern is doing now to cut corners.

#132 8 years ago

C'mon Stern, today is the day!

Tomorrow is the IFPA Provincial Championships. What a great way to show off new code, and have it tested by the best around.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

C'mon Stern, today is the day!
Tomorrow is the IFPA Provincial Championships. What a great way to show off new code, and have it tested by the best around.

show us some lovin', kiss code for valentines weekend!!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The more I play Kiss, the more I enjoy it. The code can absolutely improve, but Jesus Christ, the game has 4 multiballs, a wizard mode, hurry-ups, super scoring, etc. Combined with some difficult shots, it's still a ton of fun. Kiss plays kind of like a jacked SS game, but I think we've come to expect more with modern games. Kiss isn't abandoned or forgotten... It's just taking longer than anticipated for a killer update.

Agreed. Not saying Kiss does not deserve an update, but my feeling is that the effort should be put first on WWE. Sales are probably not in the same league but providing a major update for WWE would send a very positive positive signal for future sales - Sten does not forget its buyers even for pins that do not sell well.

#135 8 years ago

Jean-Louis, WWE didnt sell well here in Europe, not sure its the same story in the US

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Agreed. Not saying Kiss does not deserve an update, but my feeling is that the effort should be put first on WWE. Sales are probably not in the same league but providing a major update for WWE would send a very positive positive signal for future sales - Sten does not forget its buyers even for pins that do not sell well.

Different people are working on different games, so there's no "code priority" based on release date...just "when it's done, it's done"

#137 8 years ago

I'm not going to say, "someone should tell the WOF developer... he's done".

Nope... not going there.
faz

#138 8 years ago

Stern just posted KISS code....

For 10% off Stern KISS merch.
Happy Valentines.

#139 8 years ago

Stern...here's a ridiculously crazy idea...if you can't release updated code for every machine in production within a 4 month time frame...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE. It's not rocket science...the lead programmer should pretty much know what he wants to accomplish with the overall code, who should be able to disseminate that information to a team of programmers. If that team is overwhelmed with any particular project...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE!

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Stern here's a ridiculously crazy idea...if you can't release updated code for every machine in production within a 4 month time frame...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE. It's not rocket science...the lead programmer should pretty much know what he wants to accomplish with the overall code, who should be able to disseminate that information to a team of programmers. If that team is overwhelmed with any particular project...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE!

But people already bought the games, why would they put more money into an already sold product if they don't have to... :/

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

But people already bought the games, why would they put more money into an already sold product if they don't have to... :/

Not to burn bridges. Which is what stern is doing now with the collector market. Once a competitor is big enough to rival Stern they will really see the price of their arrogance. Ask Comcast and the other big tv providers in the states what they think about Netflix. These guys took advantage of their consumer base for years then Netflix came along and changed everything

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The immediate answer to your question is so they can sell more games...the long term answer would be because people like me will eventually get fed up with Stern's crap and quit buying NIB pins...

#144 8 years ago

...the long term answer would be because people like me will eventually get fed up with Stern's crap and quit buying NIB pins...

Or you will buy elsewhere.

#145 8 years ago

We heard it's coming. But nobody really knows when. I truly wish Stern would have more of a schedule for code releases so owners could wait and not have to be so frustrated all the time.

#146 8 years ago

Stern...here's a ridiculously crazy idea...if you can't release updated code for every machine in production within a 4 month time frame...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE. It's not rocket science...the lead programmer should pretty much know what he wants to accomplish with the overall code, who should be able to disseminate that information to a team of programmers. If that team is overwhelmed with any particular project...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE!

Throwing more people into the mix to write code doesn't always work well or get a software project done faster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%E2%80%99_law

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Different people are working on different games, so there's no "code priority" based on release date...just "when it's done, it's done"

That is to say 3 possibilities:
-the programmers wwe / kiss are zero;
-they do not have the same means that the GOT programmers;
-stern use these people to create new pinball by abandoning the already sold models

I vote for the latter.
Stern mocks these customers and this is the truth.
They have no excuse.

GOT is out with a very good code and has already received a lot of updating.
WWE is output with an average code and no updates.
Compare update files, you will see !!!

The flippers should come out with a complete code.
Or, STERN should write in large letters on the board: not complete CODE to inform customers.

A good company should put everything in place to satisfy these customers.

For me the new pinball, it's over.

It is best to wait 15 months: the pinball opportunity is cheaper and the code is complete.

#148 8 years ago

I am surprised more have not sold their Kiss machines, this wait is pathetic! I have a feeling when GB comes out people will be dumping. There is zero chance GB gets released without decent code.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

There is zero chance GB gets released without decent code.

People are so anxious for this title that Stern could release it with 10% code and it would sell like hotcakes.

It always takes 2-3 years for Stern code to be final - count on it.

#150 8 years ago

What is pathetic:
is when publients new code for already complete Pinball
it is when they are advertising to sell new pinball machines and new accessories (valentine 10%)
It's sad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.