F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 85.
#1401 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This was introduced into GoT

image_(resized).jpeg

Headset volume 63?!

And I was impressed when it only went to 11.

#1402 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I refuse to turn it on until the new code hits.

I just bought a NIB Pro and am holding off on unboxing it until the new code drops.

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just bought a NIB Pro and am holding off on unboxing it until the new code drops.

You might be out of warranty when that happens, by the time you fix all your warranty issues like decals falling off, cracked ramps, blown node boards and a few more other issues you wil be ready for the update. Heck a pin side member on here had to send his entire machine back, just sayin. At least by the time I get back from deployment they will most likely have worked out the bugs of the next code release lol

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You might be out of warranty when that happens, by the time you fix all your warranty issues like decals falling off, cracked ramps, blown node boards and a few more other issues you wil be ready for the update. Heck a pin side member on here had to send his entire machine back, just sayin. At least by the time I get back from deployment they will most likely have worked out the bugs of the next code release lol

The next code release? They can't even get this code released.

I wish Stern would hire me as a consultant...I just want to ask Lonnie the following..."what would you say you do around here?"

I know we are not allowed to bad mouth people on the forums, but all I can say is the pre-Dwight Star Trek code, the current KISS code and the inability to release the KISS update speaks volumes.

#1405 8 years ago

You might be out of warranty when that happens

It's already out of warranty. I bought it for a great price from a local Pinsider who bought it last year and ended up never opening it.

#1406 8 years ago

Are you saying the parts cost is out of warranty? I've never had a problem getting support from stern after the warranty period.

Quoted from RobertWinter:

It's already out of warranty. I bought it for a great price from a local Pinsider who bought it last year and ended up never opening it.

#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are you saying the parts cost is out of warranty? I've never had a problem getting support from stern after the warranty period.

It technically does not have a warranty since I'm not the original purchaser (it was initially bought last year). If I open it and there's an issue, we'll see what happens at that point.

#1408 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Depends on who you are. They count down the days when my warranties run out lol.

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wish Stern would hire me as a consultant...I just want to ask Lonnie the following..."what would you say you do around here?"

I already told you....I deal with the goddamn engineers so the people don't have to!!!! I've got people skills.....I'm good at dealing with people!!! What the hell is wrong with you people!!!!?? Hahahaha. Classic.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1410 8 years ago

Talking about warranty made me think of this odd question... Some of my inserts... the center ramp RGB arrow to be specific... has a lot of flecks "in" it. Looks like dust may have gotten under there when they clearcoated it. Is that normal for pinball machines? I figured it was but some of the issues brought here had me thinking otherwise and it's always annoyed me.

#1411 8 years ago

Or, you could end up like the majority of the purchasers and have no issues.

Either way, Stern is good at helping customers out.

#1412 8 years ago

thank you for your service, you have also helped me out with kiss issues and improvements. I cant believe stern banned you from their facebook site. I believe you are an asset for them and should applaud you!!

#1413 8 years ago

Pretty soon all the KISS owners will be banned from the Stern Facebook page.

#1414 8 years ago

I got banned myself too; so don't feel bad and I buy a ton of sterns

#1415 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pretty soon all the KISS owners will be banned from the Stern Facebook page.

Not me.... I clearly remember my parents telling me back in the 70's "If you have nothing positive to post on FB, STFU".
I try and keep 'online drama' to a minimum....unless I am joking around and then it is not malicious and purely for laughs.

New code is coming.....I can feel it....or is it lumbago...

#1416 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Not me.... I clearly remember my parents telling me back in the 70's "If you have nothing positive to post on FB, STFU".
I try and keep 'online drama' to a minimum....unless I am joking around and then it is not malicious and purely for laughs.
New code is coming.....I can feel it....or is it lumbago...

So asking when the new code is coming and if they are going to fix the left orbit issue on GOT is negative? That's what got me banned. You must be the most happiest person on the planet, I sure could use some of that koolaid you are drinking right now considering where I am at.

#1417 8 years ago

So asking when the new code is coming and if they are going to fix the left orbit issue on GOT is negative? That's what got me banned. You must be the most happiest person on the planet, I sure could use some of that koolaid you are drinking right now considering where I am at.

Steve Ritchie interview on Facebook, he said they were working on an orbit fix. And on their Facebook, they said KISS was being worked.

How can someone get banned for repeating what Stern puts on their Facebook page?

#1418 8 years ago

Waiting patiently

#1419 8 years ago

Yeah this update should be the best ever with how long it is taking the game needs a ton and was left abandoned for almost a year. So I'm expecting new modes new mballs the entire thing otherwise it will not be as epic as it should be. LONNIE this is your chance to step up to the plate and SHINE

#1420 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really hope Lonnie Ropp doesn't do the code on Star Wars.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have one question for Lonnie

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do we know who is coding the game? Is it still Lonnie?
I say the next game Lonnie codes, everyone should boycott.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really hope Lonnie redeems himself. After the Star Trek and KISS fiasco with the code, I have no intentions of ever buying another machine he codes again

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Secondly, any new machine going forward that is coded by Lonnie is on my do not buy list

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's to the point where I feel like I'm being mocked for buying a Lonnie coded game.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one boycotting future games that have Lonnie on code

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

With all of these ideas being thrown around, they should remove Lonnie from the project and put you guys on it.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wasn't around for that X-Men debacle...can you fill me in on what exactly happened?
If I had to guess, Lonnie released broken code...what a shocker

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not buying another Lonnie game (unless it's Star Wars).

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm done with any game Lonnie is lead code.
Some of the employees are so lucky I'm not in charge. The whole marketing team and Lonnie would be fired over t

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What has 2 thumbs and hates Lonnie & Stern's marketing department?
THIS GUY!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone think Stern realizes they now have created a situation where people will not purchase a game strictly based on who the programmer is

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wish Stern would hire me as a consultant...I just want to ask Lonnie the following..."what would you say you do around here?

Wow man. Enough with the personal attacks.

Talk about coming off as a spoiled baby.

Lonnie Ropp is an employee. He does what his bosses tell him to do. He's not sitting in his office plotting to piss off some self entitled Pinside jerks.

According to IPDB, Ropp has programmed 89 pinball titles. Whats your pinball legacy?

rd

#1421 8 years ago

I saw an interesting tidbit from an MGC video recently posted. Dwight Sullivan says "The KISS code's coming out soon...it is awesome...we've been waiting on the KISS license"

#1422 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lonnie Ropp is an employee. He does what his bosses tell him to do. He's not sitting in his office plotting to piss off some self entitled Pinside jerks.
According to IPDB, Ropp has programmed 89 pinball titles. Whats your pinball legacy?
rd

rd, usually you are pretty spot on. But in this case, the lead programmer deserves the flack, not the guy that spent the money to buy the product. It all got a lot worse with the teases, so he kind of has the right to beat this drum. I think the fix for all of it is... Good code.

#1423 8 years ago

Lonnie is a very nice guy if you ever got the pleasure to meet him; was very nice to me when we met the other year at expo a hell of a nice guy; I am sure he put his heart and soul into this update guys

#1424 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I own 3 of the titles he was lead on. Transformers came out fine. Star Trek LE NIB, that even Steve Ritchie in an interview said was broken (this was after several updates) and Dwight fixed the code. Now look at the KISS code fiasco.

I've purchased several expensive LEs...2 of them experienced broken code...those 2 have 1 thing in common...

Glad I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

#1425 8 years ago

I wanna do a lil number for ya'll tonight!!! LOVE GUN!!

I love that!

#1426 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

rd, usually you are pretty spot on. But in this case, the lead programmer deserves the flack, not the guy that spent the money to buy the product.

Tend to disagree, as the guy is doing what he is told to do.

Rather than repeatedly personally insulting the guy, the poster would be better served picking up the phone and calling Dave Peterson, the guy who owns the company, and ask him about it. He's the guy calling the shots and paying the bills.

rd

#1427 8 years ago

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-armes/45-minutes-of-paul-stanley

while waiting for the code I just listen to that link above!!! PEOPLE!!! OOOOOOWWWW!!

#1428 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I own 3 of the titles he was lead on. Transformers came out fine. Star Trek LE NIB, that even Steve Ritchie in an interview said was broken (this was after several updates) and Dwight fixed the code. Now look at the KISS code fiasco.
I've purchased several expensive LEs...2 of them experienced broken code...those 2 have 1 thing in common...
Glad I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

You have stated how you feel very clearly here as documented above. Please let's not beat a dead horse here and let it be. I know we all get frustrated but we need to try and not harp on things and tirelessly ridicule those that help create the pins we love.

#1429 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Rather than repeatedly personally insulting the guy, the poster would be better served picking up the phone and calling Dave Peterson, the guy who owns the company, and ask him about it. He's the guy calling the shots and paying the bills.

That would be a hilarious call if he didn't know his customers were irritated with the KISS code

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Tend to disagree, as the guy is doing what he is told to do.
rd

Hi rd...totally agree with you that personal attacks aren't appropriate. People need to target their frustration at Stern. If a programmer isn't capable of keeping up with Stern schedules, they need to change the schedule or change the programmer. The notion that all programmers are interchangeable is ridiculous. I managed software engineers for 20 years and part of the "art of management" is estimating how long specific people will take to complete specific tasks. Stern just doesn't seem to care...

#1431 8 years ago

Just like KISS pinball, these snails eat all the stucco off of your house in Florida

flordia_snail_(resized).jpgflordia_snail_(resized).jpg

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like KISS pinball, these snails eat all the stucco off of your house in Florida

My normal line is that you're insulting snails that their as slow as ...
But, I don't have a horse in this race.

faz

#1433 8 years ago

Could today be the day?

#1434 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Could today be the day?

Haha not getting my hopes up! But man I hope so.

#1435 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Could today be the day?

Any day could be the day

#1436 8 years ago

How long does it take to program bugs out of the code?

Note: My ability to code consists of hitting the download button.

#1437 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

flordia_snail_(resized).jpg

god that is horrifying

#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Any day could be the day

Hope it's today. It seemed like Paul wanted to come down and see us several days ago

#1439 8 years ago

Waiting patiently

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't write pinball code, but I do write video recording/conferencing code. What is usually required/recommended with bug fixes is that you have to fun through ALL of the test procedures in order to verify the bug fixes did not destabilize/break anything else.
Bug fixes usually take less time than new code development, but still require time to get it working with confidence....

Played some KISS last night.....Simple, fast, fun.

#1441 8 years ago

Maybe the Orkin Man failed and they are waiting for Terminix to arrive.

#1442 8 years ago

This is the major challenge with bugs and bugfixing

bugs_(resized).jpgbugs_(resized).jpg

So do you owners want code with known bugs, quickly paced bugfix with many more bugs, or a fully tested version?

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Maybe the Orkin Man failed and they are waiting for Terminix to arrive.

You mean Lyminix.

#1444 8 years ago

Arachnophobia-4_(resized).jpgArachnophobia-4_(resized).jpg

#1445 8 years ago

the-only-good-bug-detail_13040_(resized).jpgthe-only-good-bug-detail_13040_(resized).jpg

do-your-part_(resized).jpgdo-your-part_(resized).jpg

#1446 8 years ago

I am so looking forward to this code release (whenever it comes).

KISS is one of those games where I dont care for the band or the music but it is something I grew up with so it just sticks in my head and the layout is pretty fun to shoot. The current code is lacking to me, but the rumored full rework has me really pumped for it to come!

I keep wondering if the rework will make this another TWD for me (a game I initially hated but now love due to the great code).

#1447 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would think they would want to extensive testing. You know people (on pinside) will certainly be bitching if there is one flaw found.

#1448 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I would think they would want to extensive testing. You know people (on pinside) will certainly be bitching if there is one flaw found.

maybe so but they could appease everyone by releasing a changelog. this would stave off having to release the code and also help with sales.

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

maybe so but they could appease everyone by releasing a changelog. this would stave off having to release the code and also help with sales.

I'm putting myself in Stern's shoes.

No one will be happy until the code is released.

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm putting myself in Stern's shoes.
No one will be happy until the code is released.

Its 4/20, someone somewhere must be happy....LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/29?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.