F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 85.
#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

When you actually rate Stern on Facebook they cannot delete your rating. Everyone should rate them and rate them based on how they really feel.

With an almost new game of thrones in my home and a twd prem coming next week, i am very happy with stern. I understand they have really screwed upwith code suppport for many games, BUT ... instead of people bitching that they will never buy a stern again; with got and gb they seem to have started a new trend with a good launch code. Doing this with all new games coming onward means less manpower for updating games before got. Thats just a natural consequence of prioritizing good launch code on new games. So no reason to not buy future games from stern if they continue the trend. A little unfortunate with the overteasing for the kiss code update, but being a programmer myself i know how unexpected bugs may appear in the strangest places. When stern is now doing a big update, why should they not delay the code a short while to fix the bugs? People will complain anyways.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

BUT ... instead of people bitching that they will never buy a stern again; with got and gb they seem to have started a new trend with a good launch code.

One or two games isn't a trend. Even the one you just bought (TWD) wasn't good until updates.

GOT was the exception. The launch code was good. But I didn't buy one until after I played it enough to know that for myself.

That is the cost. Delayed sales and less sales. I'd never say I would stop buying Stern. But I examine the ones I'm going to buy a lot more closely. Bad launch code equals no sale to me until it is fixed.

For KISS, the last couple weeks seem rediculous, just because of the teases. If you weren't expecting the code and it came out you might all be happy. But now you are all in your seats waiting. Not cool.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you weren't expecting the code and it came out you might all be happy. But now you are all in your seats waiting. Not cool.

Nope. Because there are people (they have commented in this thread), that would be pissed because there was no communication as to the status of the new code update. Just like there are people that are pissed that their has been communication, but too much of it and no code update. It is literally impossible to please everyone.

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

stern deletes the hate post

more accurately, they delete even posts with any feedback. In general if a comment is anything less than glowing it disappears in under 2 minutes.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

One or two games isn't a trend. Even the one you just bought (TWD) wasn't good until updates.
GOT was the exception. The launch code was good.

I know twd was lacking for a long time, thats not the point. Two of the newest stern games has good launch code, at least gb looks like it is quite solid, we will see on launch. I believe it is a new trend. Unless the sole problem is lonnie, that he is too slow when programming so he never gets it to as far as dwight does within deadline?

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more accurately, they delete even posts with any feedback. In general if a comment is anything less than glowing it disappears in under 2 minutes.

Stern may stink at getting the KISS code out, but at least we know Jared is fast with the delete button.

Who says Stern can't do anything quickly?

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Even the one you just bought (TWD) wasn't good until updates.

It has been de rigeur urban legend now on pinside to say TWD sucked early on and only became good with the last code updates. And I'd say it's because many members use it as an excuse to justify why they hated the game at first but now really like it (man, was there a lot of hate for a while, especially from some vocal members here over and over). It is wrong.

In reality, I and many others found TWD to be reasonably coded early on; it was fun and interesting to play. Especially after the first update, which became available a few months after release and was quite significant. Many people could already see how good TWD was. Lyman is great and his coding doesn't just become awesome with the last code updates. The major complaints and TWD hate one finds on pinside back then on the pin was not about poor coding, it was about the cheap drains. Coding got better and better with more updates too, and is now one of the best out there imo. But early code was still good. In fact there are some really cool DMD animations from early code that were dropped in later releases.

IMO, the true reason people here posted lots of TWD hate early on is because they played location machines and they had cheap drains. Other people did not have these issues. Over time it was determined here that TWD is notably sensitive to setup, and without care taken TWD becomes much more of a STDMs/outlane drainer from many areas including magnets, slings, pops ramp rejects, etc. In home use this sensitivity is not very significant; on location it can be very significant.

The reported TWD history is typical human nature and confirmation/selection bias. And unfortunately, I doubt this TWD urban legend history will change.

But back to kiss. I hope the code and game play is good and kiss owners are happy when the update comes, even though it hasn't been lyman/dwight programming (as reported).

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My guess is wireless connectivity is my guess.

Is there even a wireless chip on the spike board? I don't see an antenna on mine.

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It has been very de rigeur urban legend on pinside now to say TWD sucked early on and only became good with the last code updates. And I'd say it's because many members use it as an excuse to justify why they hated the game at first but now really like it (man, was there a lot of hate for a while, especially from some vocal members here over and over). It is wrong.
In reality, I and many others found TWD to be reasonably coded early on; it was fun and interesting to play. Especially after the first update, which became available a few months after release and was quite significant. Many people could already see how good TWD was. Lyman is great and his coding doesn't just become awesome with the last code updates. The major complaints and TWD hate one finds on pinside back then on the pin was not about poor coding, it was about the cheap drains. Coding got better and better with more updates too, and is now one of the best out there imo. But early code was still good. In fact there are some really cool DMD animations from early code that were dropped in later releases.
IMO, the true reason people here posted lots of TWD hate early on is because they played location machines and they had cheap drains. Other people did not have these issues. Over time it was determined here that TWD is notably sensitive to setup, and without care taken TWD becomes much more of a STDMs/outlane drainer from many areas including magnets, slings, pops ramp rejects, etc. In home use this sensitivity is not very significant; on location it can be very significant.
The reported TWD history is typical human nature and confirmation/selection bias. And unfortunately, I doubt this TWD urban legend history will change.
But back to kiss. I hope the code and game play is good and kiss owners are happy when the update comes, even though it wasn't lyman/dwight programming.

TWD is on record as having poor code because AMC did not allow actors voices, which rumor has it made Lyman have to scrap code. Lonnie has always disappointed and it takes a fire under his ass to make changes. Lyman is slow and produces masterpieces.

Stern would be best surved by putting Lonnie and Lyman together.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

TWD is on record as having poor code because AMC did not allow actors voices, which rumor has it made Lyman have to scrap code. Lonnie has always disappointed and it takes a fire under his ass to make changes. Lyman is slow and produces masterpieces.
Stern would be best surved by putting Lonnie and Lyman together.

Yes, not having actor voice work was a big misstep in TWD. But the pin voice work is separate from the lyman coding for pinball play, fixable, and machine complaints were much broader than that.

I haven't seen the history on pinside for TWD happening that way. It was not the reason for people posting that early TWD had poor code. Poor code is a phrase typically used here on pinside to describe poor play, poor variety, poor depth and poor progression, unbalanced scoring, etc in a machine. Poor sound work is describe here on pinside as poor sound work, not poor/bad coding. Different stuff, which people describe separately on pinside.

Besides, both the early and recent software releases still use the same voiceovers, yet many people say that TWD sucked earlier but now is excellent. If it were only about actor voices, people would have posted early on their like for the game play and that pinball browser would fix the sounds for the game. That never happened.

Lyman didn't scrap the coding (game play as described earlier), rumor had it he had to scrap the show voice work, sound bytes, in the machine early on.

And Lyman isn't slow. However, he has to do what Stern tells him to do. So for example he had to stop working on TWD updates for a while when Stern management wanted some Spike work, etc, as reported here. His early code updates were good and quick when he was given time to work on the machine, his late code updates were good and quick when he was given time to work on the machine again.

#1362 7 years ago

Lots of new posts, Kiss code must be out! ... nope, more of the same.

#1363 7 years ago

What's tomorrow's tease gonna be?

I'm guessing a picture of Gene putting on his makeup with the caption saying "get ready."

With no code being released.

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's tomorrow's tease gonna be?
I'm guessing a picture of Gene putting on his makeup with the caption saying "get ready."
With no code being released.

"Business as Usual"

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1365 7 years ago

Wonder if the orkin man got all the bugs?

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Wonder if the orkin man got all the bugs?

Whos orkin man? Never heard of him ? Programmer at Stern ?

#1367 7 years ago

If you live in the US, Orkin is one of the best known pest control companies who have commercials centered around the "Orkin Man" taking care of any insect infestations in your house.

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

LOL!! Something tells me the Orkin man would be quicker at coding than Lonnie.

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

And if you're anywhere else it just sounds like Stern is taking the **** especially with all the incessant trolling of Take your seats etc.

#1370 7 years ago

From what I remember, isn't Lonnie the head of the programming department? That probably explains why his games seem to take a while longer... you have to assume that he has many more non-coding responsibilities than the others. Also could explain why some, if not most, of his games get taken over by other programmers. Just a thought.

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

If you live in the US, Orkin is one of the best known pest control companies who have commercials centered around the "Orkin Man" taking care of any insect infestations in your house.

They're on it!

#1372 7 years ago

I just hope the next KISS related post from Stern is "Game code 1.2 is now live!"

No more teases. Just the release.

#1373 7 years ago

Sorry guys living in Australia never heard of this orkin fellow lol
So for anyone living outside of the usa are thinking Stern are talking riddles again and we are scratching our heads on this one .
Bad marketing to use terms that many of us are unfamiliar especially when the FB audience is world wide

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just hope the next KISS related post from Stern is "Game code 1.2 is now live!"
No more teases. Just the release.

Could be 1.21 with the bud fixes.

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

1.21? LOL

Time for a new guessing game. What will the actual code version be on release?

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That would explain the delay. They all must be high as a kite!

#1377 7 years ago

1.21 comes with a bag of dorritos, lol.

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Is there even a wireless chip on the spike board? I don't see an antenna on mine.

This was introduced into GoT

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

From what I remember, isn't Lonnie the head of the programming department?

Correct

#1380 7 years ago

Bluetooth headphone?

IMO, that would be the way to go.

#1381 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This was introduced into GoT

image_(resized).jpeg

Doesn't this just control the audio jack on the board?

#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Doesn't this just control the audio jack on the board?

Yes. I run the 1/8in headphone jack from Spike board to my external subwoofer & control volume in settings. (or at the subwoofer directly).

#1383 7 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks today won't be the day?

#1384 7 years ago

I don't see it coming out until late in the week.

#1385 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I don't see it coming out until late in the week.

My guess, before the end of the month.

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My guess, before the end of the month.

This month? Or like July?

#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This month? Or like July?

Damn you caught me.

Thinking this month.

#1388 7 years ago

I'm sticking with this Thursday

#1389 7 years ago

Is Thursday the best day of the week to release? That makes sense from a client service standpoint.

Too bad it wasn't Thursday in February 2016. Get 'r done!!

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

#1391 7 years ago

I just got my Paul McCartney tickets...only thing to complete the day would be KISS code.

#1392 7 years ago

A "slight delay" in Kiss code, being that a first update took 9 months, means 2 months delay.

#1393 7 years ago

Pretty quite on Stern's FB page today.

#1394 7 years ago

Day 19 since the first tease?

In the ghostbusters thread, some people are saying that LEs will be shipping in a couple weeks.

So what will I get first, KISS update or ghostbusters LE?

And in a few more weeks, it will be exactly 1 year since KISS was announced...and we still are on pretty much launch code.

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And in a few more weeks, it will be exactly 1 year since KISS was announced...and we still are on pretty much launch code.

Which means you're still on schedule

#1396 7 years ago

Unknown-9_(resized).jpegUnknown-9_(resized).jpeg

Unknown-8_(resized).jpegUnknown-8_(resized).jpeg

#1397 7 years ago

Little surprising there was no tease/update yesterday.

I wonder what today will bring.

Does anyone think Stern realizes they now have created a situation where people will not purchase a game strictly based on who the programmer is.

#1398 7 years ago

They responded to a post on there and said maybe kiss code this week

#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They responded to a post on there and said maybe kiss code this week

MAYBE this week??? Jesus Christ!!! I was so pumped for new code last week that I stopped playing it. I refuse to turn it on until the new code hits.

speed-slow-snails-ss-1920_(resized).jpgspeed-slow-snails-ss-1920_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.