F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 85.
#1001 8 years ago

We are now up to tease #5.

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Paul is almost ready to come down here and see us...

Saw that on their FB page. Crap I hope I remember where my damn backbox key is, it's been a while

#1003 8 years ago

Starting to be a little too much 80's KISS for my liking.

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We are now up to tease #5.

Number 6.
6 teases for something people spent 5-10k on a year ago and have been patiently waiting for a year to get out of Beta code.
Where did this guy learn to market products. The toilet store?

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think you're getting my point, I can see pole dancing to any of their music, specifically songs aboot pole dancing girls, doesn't mean it's good rock music. Crue is a joke.

If white chicks can strip to it, it's by definition good rock music.

When chicks hear that distorted bass in the intro of Calling Dr. Love, tops come off automatically.

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Number 6.
6 teases for something people spent 5-10k on a year ago and have been patiently waiting for a year to get out of Beta code.

Stern's marketing team just doesn't get it.

If I were CEO and witnessed this, the whole marketing team would be fired.

Secondly, any new machine going forward that is coded by Lonnie is on my do not buy list. He got me with Star Trek and KISS. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#1007 8 years ago

You can tell the posts and replies on their Facebook page are written that Jared guy. I like the interaction you don't see from most corporate pages, but sometimes the replies can be a bit snarky.

#1008 8 years ago

They're just hyping to the point of anger. It's going to really suck when the update is utter garbage. I have very low expectations at this point. Trolling your own customers isn't fk'n cool. Whatever happened to under promise over deliver. This is like the facebook dude has no fk'n clue what's going on. I didn't mind waiting but the trolling is really pissing me off.

#1009 8 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a code this hyped before. This better be one helluva update.

#1010 8 years ago

I'm thinking that the code was ready to go, but a bug was found right the planned release. Stern then spent the week troubleshooting the code and now it is almost ready. There is no other reason to explain the constant teasers.

My feeling is that this is going to be a great code update.

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

They're just hyping to the point of anger. It's going to really suck when the update is utter garbage. I have very low expectations at this point. Trolling your own customers isn't fk'n cool. Whatever happened to under promise over deliver. This is like the facebook dude has no fk'n clue what's going on. I didn't mind waiting but the trolling is really pissing me off.

I think it is going to be big. Why else draw attention to it?
I don't remember thus with Avengers or WWE when nig was released.

#1012 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it is going to be big. Why else draw attention to it?
I don't remember thus with Avengers or WWE when nig was released.

But why keep hyping it?

#1013 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Im in a phase that I want to see anyone I like no matter how good they are anymore and am usually surprised.Last year saw Hall and Oates Weird Al Styx and Van halen (with DLR) and would go see any one of them again. Got my eye on more this year. KISS put on a great live show and actually look great but Pauls voice isn't quite up to par. Give them a chance.
And you do realize that Bob Ezrin produced destroyer as well as many Floyd Lps?? Floyd music just bores me. At a bar having a good time good music then a Floyd song comes on...everything slows down. just a bit depressing.
LZ??? Amazing. If youre a guitarist you really realize how great Jimmy Page is. You will try to learn a song and it is in some odd tuning you've never heard of before...

Oh man just proving my previous comment. Just kidding!!! But Kiss rules the 70s and 80s. I hope ghostbusters does not end up like this.

#1014 8 years ago

I think Paul is coming.. He's comin down to see ya people! Wwoooooooooooo!

Straight from Stern's FB Page!

kiss_code_(resized).PNGkiss_code_(resized).PNG

#1015 8 years ago

Hopefully all the hype from stern means this update is HUGE

#1016 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Oh man just proving my previous comment. Just kidding!!! But Kiss rules the 70s and 80s. I hope ghostbusters does not end up like this.

In Dwight I trust. I think GB owners are going to love that code.

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Solid rumor is that Lyman has been working on the update for many weeks. I can only hope this is true.

#1018 8 years ago

Where is the Kiss code ?
Its coming ! Its coming lol ... yer right

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Solid rumor is that Lyman has been working on the update for many weeks. I can only hope this is true.

I'm sure alot of KISS owners will be hoping this rumor is true

#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Huge and thick.

#1021 8 years ago

I just don't think so, but man do i hope I'm wrong. I would buy it tomorrow if Stern said that.

#1022 8 years ago

Another new ad.
Unbelievable,,,,
The code is not here but stern has an incredible imagination.
For me, the new pinball, it's over.

#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?
I've got a feeling this update will be a game changer. I love the look and feel of the game and would definately consider one if the codes up to scratch.

The toys on MET will always be better than KISS.

Rob

#1024 8 years ago

Wasn't there a similar solid rumour for WWE before code dropped?

#1025 8 years ago

I think we will see Lonnie taking a back seat for quite a while after this regardless of the the new code's quality. Too many people will not buy a Ropp coded game after this and Star Trek. He should take step back for while if Stern has any idea of what is happening.

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Wasn't there a similar solid rumour for WWE before code dropped?

probably came from that idiotic aussie arcade site lol ...

#1027 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think we will see Lonnie taking a back seat for quite a while after this regardless of the the new code's quality. Too many people will not buy a Ropp coded game after this and Star Trek. He should take step back for while if Stern has any idea of what is happening.

Couldn't agree more sold my kiss just got sick of waiting and I should know better no more new games I'll wait 12 months for GB

#1029 8 years ago

Today could be the day; hopefully the code update is epic

#1030 8 years ago

Should be "months" instead of "weeks" if you ask me.

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Today could be the day; hopefully the code update is epic

It won't be. That would be too easy.

It's to the point where I feel like I'm being mocked for buying a Lonnie coded game.

#1032 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Number 6.

Heh that's not fair!
My toilet cost less, worked out of the box. AND it hasn't required any patches.

#1033 8 years ago

[Personal attack removed by moderator] after the smoking they got over code in this months gameroom magazine. They are losing out on new pin orders and don't even realize it and then tease people about it. It's a recipe for disaster.

#1034 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

[Personal attack removed by moderator] after the smoking they got over code in this months gameroom magazine. They are losing out on new pin orders and don't even realize it and then tease people about it. It's a recipe for disaster.

To be fair none of us know what Lonnie's responsibilities are with stern or what he is working on, allowed to do, etc. If you want to blame someone blame stern management as they are in charge of what happens code wise. I just recently bought a KISS because I like the way it shoots and I know a huge update is about to happen, so in my case at least, they are not losing sales. The communication from stern let me know that it is close so it was the nudge I needed to pull the trigger on a game I have been interested in since release. I will also say that the current code is not as bad a people have made it out to be. It needs a big update and the update is late but the game is fun to play in it's current state.

#1035 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Can you elaborate on the article? Was the focus on Lonnie, Dwight and Lyman? Was it just one of them?

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To be fair none of us know what Lonnie's responsibilities are with stern or what he is working on, allowed to do, etc. If you want to blame someone blame stern management as they are in charge of what happens code wise.

I agree and would add: are they giving them enough time to program, code and design games?

I get the impression they just don't have enough people to do this many games a year. It looks like they are having trouble working on the next game(s) and still have time to go back and finish the previous ones.

#1037 8 years ago

You don't have to worry now that Dwight is there he can always bust out code and make it good in a timely manner

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

I agree and would add: are they giving them enough time to program, code and design games?
I get the impression they just don't have enough people to do this many games a year. It looks like they are having trouble working on the next game(s) and still have time to go back and finish the previous ones.

Doesn't seem like Lyman and Dwight are having problems getting their codes updated.

#1039 8 years ago

Alright Stern, I'm heading to my location this morning to clean and do some quick fixes. I would like to leave with fresh Kiss code on a USB. So, if today is the day, please do it now.

#1040 8 years ago

Dwight and Lyman have good reputations in the community because their games show a level of care. Plus you hear stories about them being out there, engaging with the community, taking feedback, and making their games as good as they can be.

Other programmer(s)... not so much.

You can say that is fair or not a fair comment, but the work speaks for itself.

#1041 8 years ago

Lyman is good too just takes him a lot longer to finish code then Dwight. I have faith in Lonnie he is a great guy and I am hoping he knocks this code out of the park

#1042 8 years ago

I wonder if the next tease has a pic of Gene. They seem to be focusing on the non-makeup era and Gene had some really rough looks. Really hope they use a 92 Revenge Era pic and not an 87-88 Crazy Nights era pic.

#1043 8 years ago

I say, no non make up pics. Cause they all looked a bit rough.

#1044 8 years ago

I wouldn't mind them adding Crazy Crazy Nights to the track listing, though.

#1045 8 years ago

Why use a non makeup pic...the whole machine is based on them being in makeup.

Looks like the code is not happening today.

#1046 8 years ago

ghost_(resized).jpgghost_(resized).jpg

#1047 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why use a non makeup pic...the whole machine is based on them being in makeup.
Looks like the code is not happening today.

Its still early, i hope.

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I wouldn't mind them adding Crazy Crazy Nights to the track listing, though.

Like times 1000.

#1050 8 years ago

I just bought a tricked out KISS pro from a solid homie on here because I dig Borg games. The code will always be there eventually. Couldn't really care less as long as I can rock out to some classic tunes and knock the silverball around for a while. Then again, I'm a crappy player & like games most collectors despise. Apologies...now continue with rant peeps....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.