Topic Stats

• 4,243 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4243 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 85.
#951 3 years ago

KISS has a good layout.

With good programming, it can have a great light show.

Sound is awesome.

Art is top notch.

Just needs Dwight or Lyman.

#952 3 years ago

if the rules shape up nicely , I prefer the flow of kiss over my metallica so it could be close..

#953 3 years ago

KISS will have to come a long way to be Metallica. We will know soon enough. I have a feeling the wait has made expectations larger than what will come. The wait has done Stern no favors.

#954 3 years ago

KISS sales probably slowed a bit.

Why else all the teasing for a code update?

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

KISS sales probably slowed a bit.
Why else all the teasing for a code update?

Interesting.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?
I've got a feeling this update will be a game changer. I love the look and feel of the game and would definately consider one if the codes up to scratch.

Depends on what you like. I like that KISS has a couple of wide easy shots and then a few really tight shots. On Met I find all of the shots other then the far left one about the same. I also think KISS has slightly better flow then MET but both are good. I prefer the game play right now on Met but I like the way KISS shoots better. If the code is great I think it can be as good as Met but so many people already wrote it off it will never show that in the rankings.

#957 3 years ago

IMO, it's time for Stern to put up or shut up. As of right now, 4 teases and no code.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, it's time for Stern to put up or shut up. As of right now, 4 teases and no code.

Dude. We get it.

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Depends on what you like. I like that KISS has a couple of wide easy shots and then a few really tight shots. On Met I find all of the shots other then the far left one about the same. I also think KISS has slightly better flow then MET but both are good. I prefer the game play right now on Met but I like the way KISS shoots better. If the code is great I think it can be as good as Met but so many people already wrote it off it will never show that in the rankings.

Totally agree with this

#960 3 years ago

I have both and enjoy the flow of kiss better. I hope the code pushes it over the top. I just ponied up for a matching red pinball refinery coin door for my LE.

#961 3 years ago

About that...

#962 3 years ago

Man I hope the new code is good. I got Kiss on a whim cause I really think the art and layout are really cool, but man the band sucks so bad. Their music is so terrible. With better code I figure I can just replace the music with something decent and have some cool rules in a awesome looking machine. *fingers crossed*

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Their music is so terrible. With better code I figure I can just replace the music with something decent and have some cool rules in a awesome looking machine. *fingers crossed*

Couldn't respectfully disagree with you more. What does new code have to do with swapping the songs out if their music is so terrible? I've had mine swapped for months now. I'm glad you're somewhat happy with the layout to spend thousands of dollars on a pin that you can't stand the theme to. To me it's just silly. I'm sure there's plenty of other pins with much better layout and flow that you'd rather listen to. I listen to everything from Cash to Floyd, Maiden, Zepp and countless others. I love KISS' music. It is what it's supposed to be and nothing more. Statements like yours just irk the s**t out of me sometimes. Again, no disrespect and I hope when the code drops we all will be happier KISS owners.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm glad you're somewhat happy with the layout to spend thousands of dollars on a pin that you can't stand the theme to. To me it's just silly.

Classic POV on this sight so I'll give you the classic rebuttal; Tons of great games have dumb themes, the play is what matters. I had a MEtallica and couldn't think less of them if I tired, but it's a great damn game.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Lol... Stern seems to have erased all the comments from their facebook post that the code was being tested and "hopefully" coming out this week.

huh? Which ones? I still see them??

#966 3 years ago

Any word on code they have posted several times that is coming

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Any word on code they have posted several times that is coming

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the code update is coming today.

Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?

Not a chance in my eyes.

#968 3 years ago

code today?
An impossible dream

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Couldn't respectfully disagree with you more. What does new code have to do with swapping the songs out if their music is so terrible? I've had mine swapped for months now. I'm glad you're somewhat happy with the layout to spend thousands of dollars on a pin that you can't stand the theme to. To me it's just silly. I'm sure there's plenty of other pins with much better layout and flow that you'd rather listen to. I listen to everything from Cash to Floyd, Maiden, Zepp and countless others. I love KISS' music. It is what it's supposed to be and nothing more. Statements like yours just irk the s**t out of me sometimes. Again, no disrespect and I hope when the code drops we all will be happier KISS owners.

I didn't say I didn't like the theme. I think the art is cool and the layout is sweet. I just think musically kiss is garbage. Love all the other artists you mentioned. I just don't find kiss music to be that great. To me -it's tolerable. Plus I like the whole concert theme of the game. I don't buy a pin strictly for the sound package. Luckily we have pinball browser and can customize it to our liking. Can't say the same about the layout or rules or art.

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

huh? Which ones? I still see them??

Interesting. I can't see any comments for the past 2 KISS code posts. Comments on all other posts are there for me.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Interesting. I can't see any comments for the past 2 KISS code posts. Comments on all other posts are there for me.

Stern even posted a pic of your post here. So they are looking at this thread.

Screenshot_20160412-135904_(resized).png

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Man I hope the new code is good. I got Kiss on a whim cause I really think the art and layout are really cool, but man the band sucks so bad. Their music is so terrible. With better code I figure I can just replace the music with something decent and have some cool rules in a awesome looking machine. *fingers crossed*

By playing the stock pin you are listening to recently re-recorded watered-down soulless versions of great songs. Listen to the full Detroit Rock City from Destroyer and tell me its not a great song.

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Stern even posted a pic of your post here. So they are looking at this thread.

Ha. Must be my facebook then. Oh well.

Funny thing is I'm one of the ones who isn't upset by the lack of release so far.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

By playing the stock pin you are listening to recently re-recorded watered-down soulless versions of great songs. Listen to the full Detroit Rock City from Destroyer and tell me its not a great song.

It's not a good song. Sorry, but there are just bands I prefer way more to KISS. They have always seemed like a band that either has the KISS army or no one.

Bands from that era that I like way more than KISS (led Zeppelin, pink Floyd, the dead, Rush)

#975 3 years ago

Did you listen to it off of Destroyer??

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Did you listen to it off of Destroyer??

Yep. But to be fair, I don't think any band can be judged fairly until you've seen them live. I would love to see KISS live in their prime, but I just don't see how I would like their live show any more than those other bands I mentioned.

#977 3 years ago

No code today.
This becomes ridiculous (10 days of messages, announcements, photos,,)

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

No code today.
This becomes ridiculous (10 days of messages, announcements, photos,,)

First tease was March 31st.

#979 3 years ago

12 days. Even worse.

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. But to be fair, I don't think any band can be judged fairly until you've seen them live. I would love to see KISS live in their prime, but I just don't see how I would like their live show any more than those other bands I mentioned.

Im in a phase that I want to see anyone I like no matter how good they are anymore and am usually surprised.Last year saw Hall and Oates Weird Al Styx and Van halen (with DLR) and would go see any one of them again. Got my eye on more this year. KISS put on a great live show and actually look great but Pauls voice isn't quite up to par. Give them a chance.

And you do realize that Bob Ezrin produced destroyer as well as many Floyd Lps?? Floyd music just bores me. At a bar having a good time good music then a Floyd song comes on...everything slows down. just a bit depressing.

LZ??? Amazing. If youre a guitarist you really realize how great Jimmy Page is. You will try to learn a song and it is in some odd tuning you've never heard of before...

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Floyd music just bores me. At a bar having a good time good music then a Floyd song comes on...everything slows down.

KISS is just party music. Floyd is just great music.

Two completely different animals.

#982 3 years ago

I'm a huge KISS fan and I agree with this. KISS is "fun" rock music, just like AC/DC is "fun" rock music. In fact, I think KISS' music is excellent to play pinball to. Despite their greatness, I don't think I'd ever really want to play pinball to Pink Floyd.

#983 3 years ago

Agree. I love party music, and don't think I've ever heard anyone put on KISS at any of the parties I've been to, or hell bars even. They just don't click with a lot of people. My group has a very good taste in music in my opinion and we are all very passionate about music and see double digit shows every year. I'm younger (early 30s), so in all my experimentation with music KISS has been nothing but a blip. And that's generous.

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the code update is coming today.

With 5 upvotes no less...you guys have been put through the ringer and I feel for you...but at some point you have to accept you bring a little bit of this shit on yourselves

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree. I love party music, and don't think I've ever heard anyone put on KISS at any of the parties I've been to, or hell bars even. They just don't click with a lot of people. My group has a very good taste in music in my opinion and we are all very passionate about music and see double digit shows every year. I'm younger (early 30s), so in all my experimentation with music KISS has been nothing but a blip. And that's generous.

I had to read your post about 5 times... I think you disagreed with yourself.

KISS does have 30 gold records, most of any American rock band. Someone's obviously listening to them besides you and your friends.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

KISS does have 30 gold records, most of any American rock band. Someone's obviously listening to them besides you and your friends.

#1 - Never make the argument in selling/popularity = good. As seen with any music in the last 20 years
#2 - quoting "gold/platinum etc.." records is very spotty and diff'rent places rate them diff'rently and it's impossible to get an actual number. For example, The RIAA figures have 8 more American artist with more Gold Records than Kiss...none of them are technically a "band," but if you want to get that specific Kiss only has 26
#3 - the versions in this game are the crap re-records...using pinball browser to at least put in the originals would be cool.
#4 - C'mon...KISS is horrible.

#987 3 years ago

Lol... I stand down. Can't argue with your first point.

#988 3 years ago

Their 70s Rock stuff is fine by me as I only really listen to classic rock in the car...and that stuff is fun rock music. But basically anyone that started that early and went into the 80s turned into horrible cock rock...not their fault really.
I mean put Barracuda up against any of that 80s Heart garbage it's the same thing.

#989 3 years ago

I grew up in the 80s... I like glam rock and I'm ok with that.

#990 3 years ago

Glad it is getting updated soon, played a couple games that someone left on an LE and remembered why I don't plug money into the machine. So much potential though...

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I just think musically kiss is garbage.

No doubt.

That is why AC/DC is often compared to Mozart for their amazing compositional skills.

-

Like Lester Bangs said, the ultimate test for real rock music is if white chicks can strip to it.

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like Lester Bangs said, the ultimate test for real rock music is if white chicks can strip to it.

No thanks on the Crue angle there.

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No thanks on the Crue angle there.

There is no way you can listen to Live Wire and not want to see a white chick on a pole:

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is no way you can listen to Live Wire and not want to see a white chick on a pole:
» YouTube video

Don Ho makes me want to see white chicks on poles

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

I don't think you're getting my point, I can see pole dancing to any of their music, specifically songs aboot pole dancing girls, doesn't mean it's good rock music. Crue is a joke.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I had to read your post about 5 times... I think you disagreed with yourself.

Yeah I guess I should thrown in there that I've never considered KISS to be a good party music band at all, hence never being at parties with people rocking KISS.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

hence never being at parties with people rocking KISS.

Hoe aboot some Iron maiden parties? I hear there are tons of them in South America.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hoe aboot some Iron maiden parties?

You've been doing it for years, but I still chuckle when you type in "Canadian" Lol

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No doubt.
That is why AC/DC is often compared to Mozart for their amazing compositional skills.

I love me some AC/DC, but I think it's pretty funny how they have made a great career of writing the same song over and over again.

#1000 3 years ago

Paul is almost ready to come down here and see us...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4243 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside