Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 85.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just a kind and simple reminder.
Code updates do not fix game mechanical design problems.
Temper your expectations.

Only issues I have with mine are code related. I still walk up to this beauty every time I play with a plan to do something better than I did last time. Do I love the code as is? No way. It needs fixing. But can I beat it now? Also no way. Anything mechanically wrong? Again, no way. This baby gonna rock when the code drops.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Will the new Kiss code remove the gigantic Gene Simmons head toy? If so, I might buy the game.

Seriously man? I'm sick of this whiny baby crap. Freaking Stern just updated Avengers, WWE, and Star Trek within the last 10 months! STOP posting this crap. And quit bashing Stern. Do you want to go back to the days when we had one manufacturer and the hobby was nearly dead? Sorry guys but I'm totally sick of threads and posts like this. Go get a better job and buy a few more games. Stop blaming Stern for your pinball dysfunction.

And I'm tired of waiting for code. WWE is broke. Last update was weak and did not fix issues.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And I'm tired of waiting for code. WWE is broke. Last update was weak and did not fix issues.

34 games...maybe time to get a second hobby and stop buying bad games?

#54 3 years ago

Yeah, <edited> Stern. I posted on their Facebook page asking why Game of Thrones and Walking Dead have had many many updates, while KISS has received one. They never replied, and blocked me from posting on their page lol

#55 3 years ago

Bottom line is you just have to accept that if you buy a new stern it is going to be a while, maybe a long while, before you can see what the game is really going to be like. For me this means I am not buying any stern until I am confident the game works at all levels including the code. KISS could be an epic game or not but no way to tell until they finish it. Not worth it for me to hang onto a game in a fairly small game room for a year + waiting to see if I am going to like it or not.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Will the new Kiss code remove the gigantic Gene Simmons head toy? If so, I might buy the game.

Seriously man? I'm sick of this whiny baby crap. Freaking Stern just updated Avengers, WWE, and Star Trek within the last 10 months! STOP posting this crap. And quit bashing Stern. Do you want to go back to the days when we had one manufacturer and the hobby was nearly dead? Sorry guys but I'm totally sick of threads and posts like this. Go get a better job and buy a few more games. Stop blaming Stern for your pinball dysfunction.

yeah avengers after how many years? wwe how many months? why attack the frustrated buyers? these code delays are just awful customer service. bad enough you have to repair and tweak a nib game when you get it, but the delay in code is just not acceptable. the way stern is producing pins, they better start building pins with better code and updating the code much sooner.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yeah avengers after how many years? wwe how many months? why attack the frustrated buyers? these code delays are just awful customer service. bad enough you have to repair and tweak a nib game when you get it, but the delay in code is just not acceptable. the way stern is producing pins, they better start building pins with better code and updating the code much sooner.

I'm not attacking frustrated buyers. I attacked the person that said Stern has abandoned KISS. That's just a flat out lie. Opinions are one thing but you can't make up your own facts. The only game I can think of that Stern has probably abandoned is Wheel of Fortune. There is ZERO evidence that Stern has abandoned KISS. AND, if you feel like Stern is abandoning games then don't buy Stern pinball machines.

Also, check out this thread from 4 years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-may-never-buy-nib-stern-again

And how many games has Stern sold since 2012? The threads discussing "don't buy games until prices come down" and "Stern sucks because they never update code" must be falling on deaf ears because all I see are other threads anticipating Stern's next game and how great GOT and TWD are. Meanwhile, Stern continues to sell plenty of games.

THIS is how you discuss how much better said game would be with better code:

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Only issues I have with mine are code related. I still walk up to this beauty every time I play with a plan to do something better than I did last time. Do I love the code as is? No way. It needs fixing. But can I beat it now? Also no way. Anything mechanically wrong? Again, no way. This baby gonna rock when the code drops.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm not attacking frustrated buyers. I attacked the person that said Stern has abandoned KISS. That's just a flat out lie. Opinions are one thing but you can't make up your own facts. The only game I can think of that Stern has probably abandoned is Wheel of Fortune. There is ZERO evidence that Stern has abandoned KISS. AND, if you feel like Stern is abandoning games then don't buy Stern pinball machines.
Also, check out this thread from 4 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-may-never-buy-nib-stern-again
And how many games has Stern sold since 2012? The threads discussing "don't buy games until prices come down" and "Stern sucks because they never update code" must be falling on deaf ears because all I see are other threads anticipating Stern's next game and how great GOT and TWD are. Meanwhile, Stern continues to sell plenty of games.
THIS is how you discuss how much better said game would be with better code:

Who cares? Why come on here and open the thread? I'm frustrated with Stern. You are frustrated with us being frustrated with Stern? I do not get it. Your answer is to not open or ignore the thread. Us frustrated buyers do not have that option.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Who cares? Why come on here and open the thread? I'm frustrated with Stern. You are frustrated with us being frustrated with Stern? I do not get it. Your answer is to not open or ignore the thread. Us frustrated buyers do not have that option.

My last comment in the thread. I did not say I was frustrated with you guys being frustrated with Stern. I merely said that saying that Stern is abandoning KISS is a flat out lie and that there are ways to express your discontent. That's all.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My last comment in the thread. I did not say I was frustrated with you guys being frustrated with Stern. I merely said that saying that Stern is abandoning KISS is a flat out lie and that there are ways to express your discontent. That's all.

i am not saying that stern is abandoning kiss but they need to do a better job adressing code updates. we all know that is a problem. a recent post is also concerning operators who are losing money because kiss isnt being played as often. i dont rely on pins for money but there are people whos lives are impacted when the games do not produce income. i am glad i am not in that predicament.
kiss owners know a code is coming but the delay is really ridiculous. i will admit that i have faith the new code will really be good btw.

#62 3 years ago

I've been wondering about the delay, especially for a good seller like KISS. Why only minor updates with fixes? Could there be more than a snowball's chance in Hell that maybe they are going to convert the first three Spike games (WWE, KISS, and GOT) over to LCD? And that's why new animations and sounds for these games are not regularly being updated? I know, a lot to hope for ...

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

No need to cry about id dude, Stern didn't abandon Kiss, there, happy now? I will get you a paci and a blanki if you still need to get a few more tears out...lmfao

#64 3 years ago

Funny stuff

#65 3 years ago

yeah the jokes on kiss owners

#66 3 years ago

I want my binki!!

#67 3 years ago

Doesn't matter what stern does, someone is going to complain. They have been updating pins left and right the last few months, if anyone truly believes stern has abandoned kiss you probably are paying a little too much attention to the garbage written on the internet.

They can't work on every single game all at the same time, and their recent history shows that not only will there be an update there will be a big one. Just relax, play some pinball and enjoy the game. If the game's code is going to be a concern for you simply don't buy it next time until you feel it's not.

Everyone that buys a pinball machine knows the state it is in, you also do not get any promises whatsoever when or how frequently there will be updates. There of course will be updates, but if you have expectations of some kind of timeline that meets what YOU want, you should simply wait on the purchase.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

Doesn't matter what stern does, someone is going to complain. They have been updating pins left and right the last few months, if anyone truly believes stern has abandoned kiss you probably are paying a little too much attention to the garbage written on the internet.
They can't work on every single game all at the same time, and their recent history shows that not only will there be an update there will be a big one. Just relax, play some pinball and enjoy the game. If the game's code is going to be a concern for you simply don't buy it next time until you feel it's not.
Everyone that buys a pinball machine knows the state it is in, you also do not get any promises whatsoever when or how frequently there will be updates. There of course will be updates, but if you have expectations of some kind of timeline that meets what YOU want, you should simply wait on the purchase.

8 months to update a pin is totally unacceptable and I refuse to buy anymore till this changes. I cant understand how anybody defends this type behavior!!

#69 3 years ago

wait for the wwe code.
Kiss, wwe,,,,
stern is Shameful

#70 3 years ago

Well for all the people that kept telling I was only bashing Stern.. I just bought a TWD Pro NIB. Stern can have and will have my money if they complete games. As it stands I will always refuse to purchase a game that is not fully coded. If everyone can resist the temptation of buying when the game is first release it would help everyone in the long run.

with that said....

gene-angry_(resized).jpg

#71 3 years ago

today, code1.22 for got.
And still nothing to wwe, kiss
Fed up

#72 3 years ago

As a fan of playing Kiss on location, I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying the big update when it arrives.

Kiss shoots well and has great art. When it has the code to match, it is not hard to imagine Kiss being a top tier game (not into the theme and will never own one, however).

#73 3 years ago

New GOT code. GOT is incredible. The code is fantastic and its an early in age.

Kiss, meanwhile.......... code suckus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#74 3 years ago

You know this will morph into what is released isn't enough so it's either where's the update or how could they not do ... I guess I'm jaded enough to actually get entertainment out of how pissed people are getting. Got to think we will see GB pics before the update. After that there is St Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day.. Dare I say Halloween?

#75 3 years ago

It all just means a huge update is all coming at once.
Think about it:

The cities do nothing.
8 Song completion, I believe, does nothing yet.
The scoop awards way too many of the variable awards Those should be moved around, awarded all over the place through combos and other goals.

We'll get our update.
Stern knows it can get away with this--I think Kiss sold better than anything had in a long time for them.
They won't screw it up.
They know they will never hear the end of it if they do (see Avengers).

I still love Kiss, and can't wait for more game inside the game--

#76 3 years ago

You know why GOT gets updated so often? Because it is the most bugiest coded machine Stern has ever had. Every update supposedly fixes more bugs, yet more bugs are introduced. Say what you want about KISS, but at least it has been relatively bug free from the start. GOT also has a couple of serious design flaws that Kiss doesn't have. I'm on the verge of selling GOTLE and just keeping GOTpro.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Stern knows it can get away with this--I think Kiss sold better than anything had in a long time for them.

First part, completely accurate.
Second part, highly inaccurate.

Stern will certainly release the update within the next few months, but whether it "saves" the game is questionable.
People have "moved on".
Defenders of the game are normally huge KISS fans, but not necessarily hardcore pinball machine collectors clamoring for new code.
Watch the next 60 days.

Remember it took 3 years to get MET code to its current state, and there was a large number of requests from every source. The cry is not the same for KISS.

#78 3 years ago

First part, completely accurate.
Second part, highly inaccurate.
Stern will certainly release the update within the next few months, but whether it "saves" the game is questionable.
People have "moved on".

Yep, that's why most distributors have a 60 to 90 day wait right now for Kiss pros. Lol.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yep, that's why most distributors have a 60 to 90 day wait right now for Kiss pros. Lol.

Well it seems they have this wait for all games at the moment

#80 3 years ago

If there was someway to let Gene know that one of his products in his KISS merchandise line was less than spectacular, I'm pretty sure he would be up Gary's ass! Boy, would I like to hear that conversation!

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

The Pinball Company
http://www.thepinballcompany.com/new-pinball-machines.aspx
KISS Pro, Premium, and LE all available for IMMEDIATE purchase and shipment.
These are all currently stocked at baseline Stern distributor pricing.
KISS pros last check was 3 total in the warehouse.
No 60-90 day waiting necessary.
Call Brooke or Nick. 573-234-2234

Game Room Guys
http://www.gameroomguys.com/Games/New-Pinball-Machines/
KISS pros last check was 5 total in the warehouse.
Shakers motor available for immediate installation from the distributor.
Installation is FREE.
Game packing and shipping is FREE.
Call Heidi. 616-785-7353

This is only two game platinum level distributors.
5 minute search without have to dig through game sources.
If you need more examples to find other KISS NIB games, PM me.
If you want another duplicate machine, feel free to buy one, they are actually pretty close to you.
You could own another copy for your collection in a couple of days.
It is not like they are rushing off the shelves, especially after Christmas.

I must have "overlooked everybody does research when buying machines in this hobby" that has so tactically been described to me, so I must be in complete error.
I do not like to do this type of posting, but do people need to do homework.

#82 3 years ago

My guess is Gene knows nothing about pinball code. Only concerned with the money he's already made. KISS usually signs deals with guaranteed money no matter how much is sold or not.

#83 3 years ago

The Pinball Company
http://www.thepinballcompany.com/new-pinball-machines.aspx
KISS pros last check was 3 total in the warehouse.
Call Brooke or Nick. 573-234-2234
Game Room Guys
http://www.gameroomguys.com/Games/New-Pinball-Machines/
KISS pros last check was 5 total in the warehouse.
Shakers motor available for immediate installation from the distributor.
Installation is FREE.
Game packing and shipping is FREE.
Call Heidi. 616-785-7353
This is only two game platinum level distributors.
5 minute search without have to dig through game sources.
If you need more examples to find other KISS NIB games, PM me.
If you want another duplicate machine, feel free to buy one, they are actually pretty close to you.
You could own another copy for your collection in a couple of days.
It is not like they are rushing off the shelves, especially after Christmas.
I must have "overlooked everybody does research when buying machines in this hobby" that has so tactically been described to me, so I must be in complete error.
I do not like to do this type of posting, but do people need to do homework.

So you pick the 2 distributors that have the highest prices. I said "most" distributors. Nobody on pinside with half a brain would buy from either one of these, unless they want to pay $500 to $1000 more than they have to. Why do you think they have stock?

#84 3 years ago

I have faith a great code is on the way, and that my patience will pay off. Stern will shut down the skeptics soon.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

I have faith a great code is on the way, and that my patience will pay off. Stern will shut down the skeptics soon.

You are correct.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

So you pick the 2 distributors that have the highest prices. I said "most" distributors. Nobody on pinside with half a brain would buy from either one of these, unless they want to pay $500 to $1000 more than they have to. Why do you think they have stock?

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/kiss-pinball-machine.html

Another distributor "for the road", all versions of the machine currently in stock.
I have several dozen I can post here, but I have made my point.

Using price as as a defense, that was never even mentioned in your "most" distributors is weak argument.
Your point was they were "not available".

They are available in significant quantities and people pay whatever they believe to be fair in their own mind.
Why are you arguing with me about the prices anyway?
I don't care what you believe is fair, because if a person $10k on a NIB AMH, great.
Ultimately, this will effect the price market, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

If you do not like the price, do what I do.
Go "underground" and use whatever networking you have to get your best deal, no problem here. I have done the "wheel and deal" since 1988.

Stern's code release better be good (and I hope it is), because this game continues to slide downwards slowly with operators. That is the current situation until a significant update. Operators are already preparing to "trade up" or "dump" this title, if this is not properly fixed. They are NOT happy.

#87 3 years ago

As this point I don't think code will help this game. KISS is nothing but eye candy imo. Just turned it on for the first time in a couple weeks. Its getting to the point where I no longer finish a game and either keep restarting it or turning it off during a game and walking away. The constant drains from those stupid pops, Genes head and the boring ass code are killing it for me. Plain and simple this game SUCKS!! Which is a shame cuz for several reasons it's the only pin I own currently. I find myself at other places to get my pinball fix. My buddy has a GOT and it's hard to believe they're made by the same company. I love playing that thing! And I know -10 about anything to do with the show. Other than the midget guy I've seen in a bunch of other movies etc. If something doesn't happen to save this machine it's soo outta here. I can think of 10 other machines that I'd rather have in it's place.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

As this point I don't think code will help this game. KISS is nothing but eye candy imo. Just turned it on for the first time in a couple weeks. Its getting to the point where I no longer finish a game and either keep restarting it or turning it off during a game and walking away. The constant drains from those stupid pops, Genes head and the boring ass code are killing it for me. Plain and simple this game SUCKS!! Which is a shame cuz for several reasons it's the only pin I own currently. I find myself at other places to get my pinball fix. My buddy has a GOT and it's hard to believe they're made by the same company. I love playing that thing! And I know -10 about anything to do with the show. Other than the midget guy I've seen in a bunch of other movies etc. If something doesn't happen to save this machine it's soo outta here. I can think of 10 other machines that I'd rather have in it's place.

I couldn't disagree with you more. While code does need an overhaul the layout is exceptional, looks great, sounds good. To each their own. If new code rocks this will be among my favorites for sure.

#89 3 years ago

The code has to be updated.....otherwise for 5000 less we all could have bought a Kiss Kasket and least use it be buried in....wooden box about as useful.

#90 3 years ago

So much potential in this machine......hopefully all the art wasn't a waste. Come on Stern, we know the resources, talent and desire is there to make this better

#91 3 years ago

I have 2 of these machines and cant wait for the next code update! Hopefully it will bring more fun, songs and better returns being a site operator! Come on Stern bring it on and don't leave us hanging !!

#92 3 years ago

Shame on an 8k toy you have to beg for it to be better.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Shame on an 8k toy you have to beg for it to be better.

I agree... we have 1 on location and the other at home....our Star Trek gets more game play sadly

12509848_1077262915671325_4763889839427124388_n_(resized).jpg

#94 3 years ago

8000 or 5000, it is shameful.
The flippers should be sold with a complete code.
A car is sold with an engine and wheels !!!!
I expect an update to wwe.
13 months that the wwe pinball is for sale.
And the code is pitiful.

#95 3 years ago

Yeah WWE is more for the American market and not relevant to many Australians here... Pity ive been waiting for a KISS update to come along to fix the issues with game play and sound affects etc..... as many mentioned its a great looking game but not too much in game play at present

#96 3 years ago

ok, its already a long wait, but dont worry, as said before think about MET or XMEN

didnt own a KISS, but its still on my wanted list, may be when...

#97 3 years ago

I'm very interested in getting a KISS, but without question, I will wait for the code update. Then I will decide, if I don't buy something else first. Same thing happened with MET. I waited until code was finished (mostly). I love Stern games, but I won't spend my hard earned cash on an incomplete game.

#98 3 years ago

Hey Stern hope you are reading this topic...... please announce something with the KISS pinball to save all us owners hanging for a long time

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Hey Stern hope you are reading this topic...... please announce something with the KISS pinball to save all us owners hanging for a long time

i really dont think they care.
they sold a bunch and still selling a ton of new games.

#100 3 years ago

i'm sure they did !

before loving pinball, Gary is first of all a business man, that means he have to know everything is important to keep his society alive

in a way, we, the owners/players, are his beta-testers, not only for bug report, but also for lots of ideas, as there are more in 10.000 heads than in 10

ok, lets admit he's selling ton of new games... for sure he will be happier to sell even more, simple as that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside