F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 85.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who was the marketing genius behind the idea of teasing the KISS code only to not release the KISS code???
Someone actually gets paid to think of an idea like this?

We are being trolled.

Incredibly glad I cancelled my GB order.

#702 8 years ago

I am quietly waiting and have not said anything, but that picture tease was FUCKING OUT OF ORDER!

If I AM being reasonable, and I AM being patient, and I DO understand it takes a while, then DON'T rub my freaking nose in it.

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I am quietly waiting and have not said anything, but that picture tease was FUCKING OUT OF ORDER!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

#705 8 years ago

How many games hit the market when the code drops???? Get your for sale sign up early....lol

#706 8 years ago

Damn! I logged onto Pinside sincerely hoping that Stern would release the Kiss update today. I mean, why post that picture if they didn't have plans to do it??? Like I said, I don't have the pin. Had a premium on order, but cancelled it after I heard all the bad problems they initially were having with it (decals peeling, spike problems, etc).

After much thinking, I still love the looks and sounds of the pin and would really like to purchase a pro version to sit next to my MET, but I decided a while back to wait and see on the newest code before I get my checkbook out.

Not to sound like a "Charlie in the Box" from the island of misfit toys, but I'm closing the door again.

#707 8 years ago

Bring on some good code, so I can buy this game! Possible future owners are waiting and not just current owners Gary!

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Kiss code is worse than I thought. If you put it in tournament mode, Love Gun can be lit at the right ramp, but the MB cannot be started! We scrambled at the beginning of tourney thinking we had a malfunction, but it was the code!

I put all my games in tournament mode and never had a problem starting love gun from the right ramp...ever!

#709 8 years ago

All the Hello kitty is gone, and they comment that they wouldn't tease with a photo if it wasn't close.
Soon!

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I put all my games in tournament mode and never had a problem starting love gun from the right ramp...ever!

Did you do it by the installs menu, install novelty then install competition? That's how we were doing it.

#711 8 years ago

I just saw their Facebook page.

They can't be serious.

I don't remember the last time code was ever teased. They had the video with Bones on Star Trek for his speech pack. They had the picture of WWE code being worked on. But I don't remember any tease for a code release.

Broken code is all that you know,
Using up the days as you go,
I'm waking up to no code,
The codes all around aren't the codes I used to see,
Broken code still stinks in the sun,
And codes that are broken can often be one again,
No code alone,
And code really matters to me,
Take a look around.

You're out of touch,
I'm out of time,
But I'm out of my head with no new code around.

#712 8 years ago

And that, no code for this week.
Maybe next week.
Unless stern work on Saturday?

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's the #2 earning game right now, so it's not like operators are crying for an emergency code fix.

Playmeter has it as #8. Who has it at #2?

#714 8 years ago

Still looking to buy a Kiss prem if anyone wants to sell

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Still looking to buy a Kiss prem if anyone wants to sell

At this point I'm sure a wanted ad placed would flood your inbox.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Playmeter has it as #8. Who has it at #2?

Maybe the game is getting stale because of code. Time for an update.

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Maybe the game is getting stale because of code. Time for an update.

Haha! I doubt most location players even notice the code issues. I think Kiss was #2 a month or two ago, but falling to #8 is a pretty big drop. "For sale" ad rush incoming...

#718 8 years ago

Coinbox pinball podcast earning report March 12

1. Game of Thrones 26%
2. Walking Dead 12%
3. Family Guy 11%
4. Star Trek 11%
5 WOZ 9%
6 South Park 8%
7 Elvis 7%
8 Kiss 6% (Needs Code)
9 Hook 6%
10 EBD 5%

I guess the players do know something is wrong.

#719 8 years ago

I'm very entertained by all the KISS threads. I love pinball and I happen to love Stern. I have several of their games, but not only their games. I get torn... I'm not really a complainer (least I don't think I am) so I feel bad about all the negative comments about KISS (or other Stern titles). Just got done playing it last night and had a ton of fun. My goal on three balls is to get all four members flashing and get to KISS Army. Close, but not yet. Having a great time though.

Having voiced my pleasure with the game and Stern, I'm OK with the negative vibe. Hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I don't think Stern ignores it when they hear dissatisfaction. If no one complained, we may never have gotten a code update. So great job guys!!! I applaud the efforts. I think the new code is coming, and soon. Thanks for helping make that happen. Honestly this is how the system should work.

As far as April Fools... Everyone who needs to relax...Relax. I enjoyed the Hello Kitty gag and I don't think they spent 3 days working on the gag. I check Stern's website and facebook a couple times daily looking for the new code. Disappointed? Yes. Can I wait? Yes. Will the next code be the final? Probably not...

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Coinbox pinball podcast earning report March 12
1. Game of Thrones 26%
2. Walking Dead 12%
3. Family Guy 11%
4. Star Trek 11%
5 WOZ 9%
6 South Park 8%
7 Elvis 7%
8 Kiss 6% (Needs Code)
9 Hook 6%
10 EBD 5%
I guess the players do know something is wrong.

No Metallica? PlayMeter has Metallica at #2 this month. At least everyone agrees on GoT earning.

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No Metallica? PlayMeter has Metallica at #2 this month. At least everyone agrees on GoT earning.

That's the results from one location. I'm guessing they don't have Metallica.

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

As far as April Fools... Everyone who needs to relax...Relax. I enjoyed the Hello Kitty gag and I don't think they spent 3 days working on the gag.

It's not like Lonnie stopped coding and went to work in the art department for 3 days.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's the results from one location. I'm guessing they don't have Metallica.

Ah! Not familiar with that podcast, but seeing Hook, EBD, and Elvis on a top 10 was a headscratcher! Thanks for the explanation.

Is that a single location, or is he/she reporting a route?

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's not like Lonnie stopped coding and went to work in the art department for 3 days.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! Not familiar with that podcast, but seeing Hook, EBD, and Elvis on a top 10 was a headscratcher! Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah it's the report from one location. With Elvis , Family Guy & South Park bringing in more play than Kiss it seems unusual. They even stated on the podcast they were shocked and mentioned players were upset about code (speculation).

#726 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah it's the report from one location. With Elvis , Family Guy & South Park bringing in more play than Kiss it seems unusual. They even stated on the podcast they were shocked and mentioned players were upset about code (speculation).

Yeah, if it's all in one location, there are probably more serious "players" there than casual route variety players, so I could see it. But alone in the wild, I doubt most casual players note the software issues, though they may have an overall "meh" feeling and not know why. Explains why multi-location playmeter mag and this single location podcast both agree that KISS is at #8 with a millstone.

#727 8 years ago

Once the mammoth code drops I doubt many will complain

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Why not break it up into some updates to keep us playing. Its been 4 months since my game has been turned on!!!

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm sure Pinsiders will still complain, lol.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why not break it up into some updates to keep us playing.

Operators don't want to install updates every few months. 12-20 KISS games on route at 30 minutes each to update code, pricing, number of balls, difficulty, message = many hours of work.

Pinball is already the lowest earning game compared to Keygames, Barbercut or Galaga Assault .....

Galaga-Assault-Game-cab-Image_(resized).jpgGalaga-Assault-Game-cab-Image_(resized).jpg

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure Pinsiders will still complain, lol.

Ya, and I'm sure there will be a podcast dedicated to it that I won't listen to

#732 8 years ago

I'm going to complain that you both know more than we do.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball is already the lowest earning game compared to Keygames, Barbercut or Galaga Assault .....

I have seen the future and it is Crossy Road...1 button, 1 life, 1 dollar. And you could play it for free on your phone
Those galagas are pretty impressive looking

cr_(resized).jpgcr_(resized).jpg

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Operators don't want to install updates every few months. 12-20 KISS games on route at 30 minutes each to update code, pricing, number of balls, difficulty, message = many hours of work.
Galaga-Assault-Game-cab-Image_(resized).jpg

So your saying the games should have full code at release.

#735 8 years ago

Hey VID...from my ? in pinball cleaning thread..

Where do you get yr pinballs?

Thanks

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

Hey VID...from my ? in pinball cleaning thread..

Where do you get yr pinballs?

PBL ohhh shiny

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those galagas are pretty impressive looking

It has 70 waves and a mothership like Phoenix.

The monitor is giant, so a bunch of people stand around to watch.

Super smooth graphics.

James says it's earning like a SOB.

#738 8 years ago

Lol, I never thought my KISS tutorial on YouTube would still be relavent after all this time. Lol, code should've dropped looong time ago. It's a very one dimensional game as it stands now.

#739 8 years ago

KISS is *still* earning great for me, in the same location since brand new in August.

Even up against The Wizard of Oz for the past three weeks, it is still doing well...in fact, its earnings are slightly up!

As I have mentioned before, few of my customers care about "code" or even know what it is, or that it can be updated.

That being said, I am excited for the new update!!!

-Mark

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It has 70 waves and a mothership like Phoenix.
The monitor is giant, so a bunch of people stand around to watch.
Super smooth graphics.
James says it's earning like a SOB.
» YouTube video

Off Topic I know.

That's a really neat unit thanks for the video link. Great looking smooth Hi-Def graphics.

Am I correct in finding it cost about the same as a NIB Premium pin?

Wow, I thought pinball machines were expensive but they have a lot of moving parts but didn't know a unit like Galaga Assault with just a coin taker, a button, and a joy stick would warrant a similar cost.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

KISS is *still* earning great for me, in the same location since brand new in August.

Same at my location. Metallica and Kiss swap weekly for highest earner.

#742 8 years ago

Glad to hear a massive KISS code update is coming. I had some family over last night to play pinball and a cousin of mine wants to buy a KISS pro or premium. Are pros around $4500- $4700 shipped NIB?

#743 8 years ago

No lie, I'd throw quarters in that new galaga!

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Glad to hear a massive KISS code update is coming. I had some family over last night to play pinball and a cousin of mine wants to buy a KISS pro or premium. Are pros around $4500- $4700 shipped NIB?

I believe the prices have risen a little b/C of the Stern minimum pricing. I think the pro's are $4900 AND premiums are $6600.

#745 8 years ago

and then there was SILENCE.....Nothing ! Zip ! Zilcho!~

#746 8 years ago

Maybe code today?

#747 8 years ago

today?

#748 8 years ago

Today Tuesday ? Well it didnt happen Monday

#749 8 years ago

monday?

#750 8 years ago

Please be today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/15?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.