F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 85.
#651 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I'm going to 'guess' here, but isn't 'flow' the ball returning directly to the flipper after completing a shot with the ability to make different shot(s) from there and repeat it several times? If this "is" true...

Flow is a made up subjective idea that is unable to be defined. Your description, for example, is just about every DMD era machine made.

#652 8 years ago

2016-04-01-14-07-16-1558709955_(resized).jpg2016-04-01-14-07-16-1558709955_(resized).jpg

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Vid's been kinda quiet since the heavy suggestion yesterday of a possible new code. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Looking deep into my crystal ball and I see the sun is setting on KISS.....

#654 8 years ago

Still no code?
In my opinion, the code will not be released today

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

2016-04-01-14-07-16-1558709955_(resized).jpg

Unfortunately they blew up all that bullcrap Hello Kitty smoke instead today. Seems like they took the wind out of their own sails with the KISS code. Hope I'm wrong, and it was all just a diversion, but wow if we don't see something before this weekend.

#656 8 years ago

Im in the office 40 more mins....lets go stern.

#657 8 years ago

If no code today, then I'm putting my machine up for sale. My patience has completely run out.

#658 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If no code today, then I'm putting my machine up for sale. My patience has completely run out.

Make sure whoever you sell it to fully understands that Stern's final code takes 2-3 years.

Do you still have the box?

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

^^^ +1,000,000 ^^^

#660 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Make sure whoever you sell it to fully understands that Stern's final code takes 2-3 years.

Most everyone understands it takes Stern forever to release "final" code...what most everyone doesn't understand is why does it take forever to release any kind of "updated" code...

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No more box, but I'll have a ghostbusters box in like 6 weeks.

Star Trek had broken code, but at least there were updates along the way. KISS code...nothing but crickets.

#662 8 years ago

Oooh, man cant beleive it I just hit collossal bonus today for the first time!!!!

#663 8 years ago

Met released April 2013
Met - V1.5 - March 6, 2014 - Added Crank it up modes

Kiss released May 2015
Looks like you're still on track

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Oooh, man cant believe it I just hit collossal bonus today for the first time!!!!

Did you get it in the same way you got 3X or is it obtained by some other method? (I've obviously never got it!)

#665 8 years ago

Correct, took a while too but that was worth the wait on Metallica . Bought mine a week before that update when the previous owner couldnt wait anymore

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Did you get it in the same way you got to 3X or is it obtained by some other method? (I've obviously never got it!)

Oh no you need to adjust the date on your machine , its a one day only bonus!

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Oh no you need to adjust the date on your machine , its a one day only bonus!

Seriously?

#668 8 years ago

Yes, but dont wait too long!

#669 8 years ago

Would've been nice if this was hinted. With GOT, they hinted to a special "mode" based on the time of day.

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Would've been nice if this was hinted. With GOT, they hinted to a special "mode" based on the time of day.

No need, this was hinted World-Wide, you must have missed it..

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No need, this was hinted World-Wide, you must have missed it..

Probably...I was under the knife and on a lot of pain meds right after the game was released.

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Doesn't mean it should.

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Doesn't mean it should.

If people stopped buying them maybe it would make a diff'rence...but guess what? Another moment of their childhood got made into a game and everyone is lining up for another ride.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If people stopped buying them maybe it would make a diff'rence...but guess what? Another moment of their childhood got made into a game and everyone is lining up for another ride.

Doesn't mean stern couldn't start releasing pins with further baked code. Or at least communicate more meaningfully with their clients.

But why would they right? If suckers keep lining up?

I dunno. Some companies strive towards continual improvement in all aspects of their business. Even if they know that they could probably grab a few more points on their margin by not doing so.

In virtually all industries that leads to opened doors for competitors.

We'll see what happens in the long term I suppose.

#675 8 years ago

Doesn't mean it should.

People just have to learn to accept things they themselves can't change.

There are probably a dozen people in the world who can write the code for Stern games.

If it were quick or easy, everybody would be doing it.

If it were even kinda sorta doable, hundreds of people would be doing it.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Flow is a made up subjective idea that is unable to be defined. Your description, for example, is just about every DMD era machine made.

He defined it perfectly. And his description does not describe every DMD game. Some games are much smoother to return to the flippers then others and reject less shots etc.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People just have to learn to accept things they themselves can't change.
There are probably a dozen people in the world who can write the code for Stern games.
If it were quick or easy, everybody would be doing it.
If it were even kinda sorta doable, hundreds of people would be doing it.

Lots of people aren't denying this.

But when one looks at KISS, they can't help but ask "what the f--- is going on?"

It's not like this game is WWE, that barely sold. KISS has sold well. Where has the support been? I think a lot of KISS owners are like me, they just want an update to the code. Everyone knows it takes at least 2 years to finish the code. I'm sure the distributors are dying for an update as well. I can't imagine them currently selling many KISS machines with the state of the code. Game was announced May 2015 and the code is still severely broken.

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

He defined it perfectly. And his description does not describe every DMD game. Some games are much smoother to return to the flippers then others and reject less shots etc.

I'm glad you agree with his guess of a subjective concept (although I know nothing is subjective to you, everything is cut & dry the way you agree with it. that's fine by me)

Doesn't mean stern couldn't start releasing pins with further baked code.

I dunno. Some companies strive towards continual improvement in all aspects of their business. Even if they know that they could probably grab a few more points on their margin by not doing so.

In virtually all industries that leads to opened doors for competitors.

Stern just released GOT with awesome basically complete code

Some companies do...most I would guess don't. Everyone here has this fairytale idea of what business is, because pinball mean so much to us. So we get love letters to Gary and heard how he put the industry on his back yada yada yada...
It's not a partnership, it isn't a club, it's an abusive relationship that Gary keeps beating you and you keep lining up to forgive him....and hand him $5,000+ a clip.

#679 8 years ago

How is the code broken or do you mean lack there of

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

KISS has sold well. Where has the support been? .....the code is still severely broken

It's the #2 earning game right now, so it's not like operators are crying for an emergency code fix.

Right this very moment, players and operators are play-testing the new code candidate(s).

It's not like Adobe where you get an instant patch update delivered to your computer when they issued flawed code (sometimes a day latter). An op has to go out, pull the game, update the code, restore all the settings, scoring, messages, pricing......if the code is flawed or has an exploit, then the op has to go back out and do it all over again.

It's not a homeowner with a single game, it's ops who have dozens of games to update - the code has to be tested and right!

#681 8 years ago

Hall and Oates are working on it at the Stern Facility. Kiss is on their list.

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's the #2 earning game right now, so it's not like operators are crying for an emergency code fix.
Right this very moment, players and operators are play-testing the new code candidate(s).
It's not like Adobe where you get an instant patch update delivered to your computer when they issued flawed code (sometimes a day latter). An op has to go out, pull the game, update the code, restore all the settings, scoring, messages, pricing......if the code is flawed or has an exploit, then the op has to go back out and do it all over again.
It's not a homeowner with a single game, it's ops who have dozens of games to update - the code has to be tested and right!

I understand completely. Yesterday, Stern teased the code. Why tease it? Get that code out there.

#683 8 years ago

Did they tease the code or just the addition of a song?

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I understand completely. Yesterday, Stern teased the code. Why tease it? Get that code out there.

Exactly. I don't think Stern has any room to make fun of the Kiss code being so late, hanging their customers out there... and then making fun of the situation? Not sure I get this marketing strategy.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Exactly. I don't think Stern has any room to make fun of the Kiss code being so late, hanging their customers out there... and then making fun of the situation? Not sure I get this marketing strategy.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from finnflash:

Did they tease the code or just the addition of a song?

Doesn't matter if it was just a song, that's code also, they should have known everyone whoms been dying for code would think it was an update.

Dick move.

#686 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Met released April 2013
Met - V1.5 - March 6, 2014 - Added Crank it up modes
Kiss released May 2015
Looks like you're still on track

Previous history is still no excuse. Pinball has grown since then and so have expectations of the customer base.

Rob

#687 8 years ago

Glad they have all of this free time to do the hello kitty. KISS code would've brought on a lot more goodwill.

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Previous history is still no excuse. Pinball has grown since then and so have expectations of the customer base.
Rob

Was it releasing 2 sub par titles since then that interested no one that raised everyone's expectations? Or one of those titles WWE taking forever to update?
How aboot TWD which took so long people were ready to burn it as kindling?
Finally getting around to giving Avengers a polish sausage after how long?

#689 8 years ago

Newbe Guide to Pinball :

DON'T BUY ANY NEW STERN GAME UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY PREPARED FOR A 2-3 YEAR WAIT FOR FINAL CODE.

#690 8 years ago

We aren't asking for final code. We are asking for an update.

#691 8 years ago

Looks like its not going to happen... just checked the time and its after 6pm in that part of the country..... IO doubt it will be released after hours now....

#692 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How is the code broken or do you mean lack there of

The Kiss code is worse than I thought. If you put it in tournament mode, Love Gun can be lit at the right ramp, but the MB cannot be started! We scrambled at the beginning of tourney thinking we had a malfunction, but it was the code!

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Newbe Guide to Pinball :
DON'T BUY ANY NEW STERN GAME UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY PREPARED FOR A 2-3 YEAR WAIT FOR FINAL CODE.

Dude. We get it. You're a stern apologist.

Honestly, let people wish and bitch for a more professionally run stern in the safety of an interwebs forum thread.

#695 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't matter if it was just a song, that's code also, they should have known everyone whoms been dying for code would think it was an update.
Dick move.

As I've said many times. Their marketing is, at best, tone deaf.

#696 8 years ago

Being a Stern Apologist is not the same thing as being able to see a certain pattern of events repeating again and again with people not being able to break free from it.

As I've said many times. Their marketing is, at best, tone deaf.

Is no code pops up this may be the worst one...basically trolling their own customers

#697 8 years ago

How is Vid an apologist? He is a realist. As as been said MANY MANY times before you have to wait a while for Stern's code. If you don't like it don't buy them it is the only thing that will make a difference.

#698 8 years ago

Who was the marketing genius behind the idea of teasing the KISS code only to not release the KISS code???

Someone actually gets paid to think of an idea like this?

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Someone actually gets paid to think of an idea like this?

I thought yesterday it could be an April Fools joke...well I thought that in a funny way not real. I think they will release is @ 12:01amCST.

Jesus now I'm guessing on code like everyone else in here!

#700 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

As as been said MANY MANY times before you have to wait a while for Stern's code.

Doesn't mean it should be this way or has to be this way. Even a touch more MEANINGFUL communication would go a long way.

Asking (and hoping) a company to change (slightly) without having to boycott is not ridiculous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.