F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 85.
#601 8 years ago

They are talking May for the new code??? Give me a break.

Do we know who is coding the game? Is it still Lonnie?

I say the next game Lonnie codes, everyone should boycott.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What year?

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What year? 2017?

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What year? 2018?

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What year? 2018?

What year? 2019?

#606 8 years ago

swtmvsx_(resized).jpgswtmvsx_(resized).jpg

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will continue to believe in the inside info I was given of/by May 8th for code drop. It would be really cool to have new code on KISS in time for MGC and PAPA!

sounds like shit to me ..... stop spreading rumours unless you work for Stern you have no idea!

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying that those items were new/unique, just that they were added elements that were missing from a pin like ST. ST is about as basic a layout with as few features/toys as I can think of in the modern Stern era.
The features are not necessarily original on TWD, but how they're laid out on the playfield make for a unique gaming experience (if that makes sense).

I currently own KISS, ST, and have had TWD. Your points are not invalid, but could be considered "opinionated". I like them all and it would be unreasonable to say one is better than the other. These pins have some unique characteristics which likely cause some players to prefer them over the others. For example:

(1) TWD is a difficult game. It had an amazing ruleset REALLY geared for competative play. This game is great in a tournament

(2) ST is a fun players, with longer ball times and some tough goals to reach without making some dangerous shots/choices, specifically during multiballs.

(3) KISS has super-tight shots and some great flow. Final code will "potentially" make this as good or better than Metallica. John Borg design fans will be pleased with this game.

No need to "poo poo" other pins. Praise the pins you like and find "something" reasonable to say about the pins you do not. Yes....even WWE has something good, though I haven't played the recent code so I have no idea.

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Your points are not invalid, but could be considered "opinionated".
(3) KISS has super-tight shots and some great flow...

Everything is opinion...Kiss having great flow is for sure an opinion.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kiss having great flow is for sure an opinion

An opinion that I share.

Great flow, simple code.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I currently own KISS, ST, and have had TWD. Your points are not invalid, but could be considered "opinionated". I like them all and it would be unreasonable to say one is better than the other. These pins have some unique characteristics which likely cause some players to prefer them over the others. For example:
(1) TWD is a difficult game. It had an amazing ruleset REALLY geared for competative play. This game is great in a tournament
(2) ST is a fun players, with longer ball times and some tough goals to reach without making some dangerous shots/choices, specifically during multiballs.
(3) KISS has super-tight shots and some great flow. Final code will "potentially" make this as good or better than Metallica. John Borg design fans will be pleased with this game.
No need to "poo poo" other pins. Praise the pins you like and find "something" reasonable to say about the pins you do not. Yes....even WWE has something good, though I haven't played the recent code so I have no idea.

Thank you

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

No need to "poo poo" other pins.

Sorry if I came off harsh/blunt. I actually really enjoy ST. My post was a reply to someone claiming that "TWD and KISS were behind in the fun factor." I wasn't trying to crap on ST so much as I was trying to justify why I think TWD was superior in many ways. I thought I did so politely, but if that was lost in translation, it's totally on me and I apologize.

I stand by the fact that ST has a "safe" layout. Not a bad one, but a safe one.

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

An opinion that I share.
Great flow, simple code.

As we know the idea of flow itself is completely opinionated and diff'rent to everyone...which is why I don't like to use the term. But since it was brought up, I'll put my 2 cents in for no reason.
It has 2 ramps & the Lawlor shot left orbit is a tough one, but that could start some flow.
From left to right, targets, scoop, isolated pop bumper area, genes mouth, right orbit that leads to pops, targets.
Kiss is a game I enjoy playing.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I stand by the fact that ST has a "safe" layout. Not a bad one, but a safe one.

That is a fact.

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As we know the idea of flow itself is completely opinionated and diff'rent to everyone...which is why I don't like to use the term. But since it was brought up, I'll put my 2 cents in for no reason.
It has 2 ramps & the Lawlor shot left orbit is a tough one, but that could start some flow.
From left to right, targets, scoop, isolated pop bumper area, genes mouth, right orbit that leads to pops, targets.
Kiss is a game I enjoy playing.

I'm a big fan of KISS, so much so that it's my only pin in my current line-up. The code needs polish for sure, but I think the shots are fun and the art/sound is fantastic.

With that said, I don't think the game has great flow. Now, that might be more a testament to my playing than anything else. The middle ramp is a layup for sure, but that right ramp is TOUGH, and a full orbit from the right through the pops on the left is a rare occurrence in my house. I think the game is fast and fun, but flow doesn't immediately come to mind.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm a big fan of KISS, ...
With that said, I don't think the game has great flow.

And that's not a bad thing at all.

#616 8 years ago

Stern FB page has a sunrise and some kiss icons (shooter knobs actually)....Is this it?????!! Is it here????!!

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Stern FB page has a sunrise and some kiss icons (shooter knobs actually)....Is this it?????!! Is it here????!!

It might be on the horizon
Good luck guys

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#618 8 years ago

Hoping for the good news for the kiss pin owners. Just hoping they're not rain clouds

#619 8 years ago

Its not a crime to be good to your buyers.....Kick it out....Kick out the Code!!

#620 8 years ago

Please be tonight.

#621 8 years ago

Hopefully not an early April Fool's joke!

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Please be tonight.

Yah, not sure if that's a sunrise or a sunset.

A lot of code has dropped in the past on Fridays. Maybe tomorrow morning?

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Those are more overpriced mods you can buy whilst you wait for code

Quoted from smokedog:

A lot of code has dropped in the past on Fridays. Maybe tomorrow morning?

Sure could be....just don't go looking at the months worth of Thursday posts asking the same thing in this thread

#624 8 years ago

Search "Heaven's on Fire" in Google images. Yep, we have new songs coming!

Capture_(resized).PNGCapture_(resized).PNG

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Capture_(resized).PNG

Feel my heat takin' you higher, burn with me, Heaven's on fire
Paint the sky with desire, angel fly, Heaven's on fire

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Capture_(resized).PNG

Thank god for pinbrowser..

#627 8 years ago

Heavens on fire....YES!!!!!

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Heavens on fire....YES!!!!!

Ditto!

#629 8 years ago

Sweet if that is the case.

#630 8 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#631 8 years ago

Please tell me someone other than Lonnie took over....

#632 8 years ago

Making for a good Friday here at the office................

#633 8 years ago

I'd pay money to remove Paul offering to come down and give us all a closer look.

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'd pay money to remove Paul offering to come down and give us all a closer look.

hahahahah!!

#635 8 years ago

I hope "Black Diamond" is removed (or at least edited to dump that long, boring intro). Kiss had another 10 super iconic hit songs that should've been used before that B-side, throw-away track.

#636 8 years ago

So everyone is positive new code is coming tomorrow and all the talk is songs and not code? Seems strange.

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

I hope "Black Diamond" is removed (or at least edited to dump that long, boring intro). Kiss had another 10 super iconic hit songs that should've been used before that B-side, throw-away track.

I hope they keep it and add more songs!

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

WHAT. No. The oooo-oooo-ooooooo is my favorite part! So cheesy!

#639 8 years ago

YES!!!!!! Kiss code is coming..... Oooooh Yeeeaaah! Ooooo Yeaaaah! Well Allllriiiiigth!

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hopefully not an early April Fool's joke!

Would be a good joke though LOL

#641 8 years ago

I will believe it when i see it.

#642 8 years ago

Pity you Americans are 1 day behind.. Friday here in Brisbane is almost over.. so i presume going by the time differences we may see it mid Saturday morning here if you think its friday there?

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Please tell me someone other than Lonnie took over....

I don't have a pony in this race any more, but I'm very curious if Lonnie has been working on the update or someone else?

Rob

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Would be a good joke though LOL

It would be funny if the update does come out today and it's ONE small fix after all this time... then later they release the real update... lol

#645 8 years ago

WHERES THE CODE?!??! I HAVE MY MEMORY STICK READYYYY

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

WHERES THE CODE?!??! I HAVE MY MEMORY STICK READYYYY

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm a big fan of KISS, so much so that it's my only pin in my current line-up. The code needs polish for sure, but I think the shots are fun and the art/sound is fantastic.
With that said, I don't think the game has great flow. Now, that might be more a testament to my playing than anything else. The middle ramp is a layup for sure, but that right ramp is TOUGH, and a full orbit from the right through the pops on the left is a rare occurrence in my house. I think the game is fast and fun, but flow doesn't immediately come to mind.

I'm going to 'guess' here, but isn't 'flow' the ball returning directly to the flipper after completing a shot with the ability to make different shot(s) from there and repeat it several times? If this "is" true, then I would say KISShas it....but it isn't easy..Some of those shots are tough, which makes achieving "flow" exciting. Star child/demon shot is the exception, but it does add some variety to the shots.

KISS, like TWD frustrates me quite a bit, but I keep going back for more, so I am enjoying it.

FYI, for those who opted for a PRO, consider changing the cool white GI bulbs to warm white and perhaps some reds under the outlane guides. It darkens the PF, but makes the red and yellows pop out a bit more. Basically, it makes it look more like the Pre/LE.

#648 8 years ago

Vid's been kinda quiet since the heavy suggestion yesterday of a possible new code. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

#649 8 years ago

My comment about Googling "Heaven's On Fire" and then search images, got deleted from the Stern Facebook page.

#650 8 years ago

I changed all my GI to warm white and orange (alternating) and it looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.