F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 85.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Good friday is not a national holiday. Its only a public holiday in ~13 states. IL isnt one of them...

Well its a national holiday here in Australia.. back to reality now as its Saturday one day ahead of you while you enjoy your Friday

#553 8 years ago

I let my machine run in attract mode for a full minute before I play the first game. Never skips.

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What? No....not at all. I dont know any one who is off of work today without requesting the day off.

I live in Illinois and work in a factory. Whole plant is down for Holiday......just sayin'

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Well...since code updates always seem to be just a couple of weeks away, I thought I'd change the conversation up just a little. Has anyone else noticed that during certain modes that approximately 1/4 of the right side of the DMD goes black/blank until whatever image it's currently showing changes 3 or 4 seconds later? I've also noticed it occasionally on the left side of the DMD. Anyone else seen this? I have a feeling it has something to do with the factory installed SD card. I know there were issues with some of the SD cards, but not sure if this was one of the issues. If I were to swap the SD card out with a new one, will the flash drive write/update to the SD card too during the code updating process or would I have to remove the SD card and copy it on my computer?

Yep, I have noticed this. I keep thinking "update's around the corner."

#556 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#557 8 years ago

Tomorrow never comes.

#558 8 years ago

983d343983fe2682409091e639ce84c08fbb72edff7917dc0c62c3b401b0d8ad_(resized).jpg983d343983fe2682409091e639ce84c08fbb72edff7917dc0c62c3b401b0d8ad_(resized).jpg
Dont worry Stern has responded saying its coming soon quoted november 2015

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Today is code day!!!!! Please drop that code Stern!

Congrats!

#560 8 years ago

Voices in my head say it's coming tomorrow!!

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Voices in my head say it's coming tomorrow!!

#562 8 years ago

Code can't fix bad pinball design.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Code can't fix bad pinball design.

Same thing people were saying about The Walking Dead not too long ago.

#564 8 years ago

Luckily the layout is good, we just need some code!

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

You got that one right and this game will be great soon

#566 8 years ago

Where is the kiss code.......... The same place GB will be in a few months and the same people will bitch about it. (I'll never buy nib again....blah blah) yea whatever. It's always the same people. They never learn.

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Where is the kiss code.......... The same place GB will be in a few months and the same people will bitch about it. (I'll never buy nib again....blah blah) yea whatever. It's always the same people. They never learn.

You'll have to add a year to your above statement. And also assume that GB ships with virtually beta level code.

THEN it will be in the 'same place' as kiss is currently in.

#568 8 years ago

Dwight is doing ghostbusters...it'll never be on the same crap level that KISS is currently on and what Star Trek was on.

#569 8 years ago

this is the first time I have checked back in this thread after 32 days...7 pages of "tomorrows the day"...

#570 8 years ago

I am at a stopping point with my Premium. Stern really dropped the ball on this one. Even Stern rewrote the entire code, I am not sure I would be excited to play it anymore. Hell I play my Avatar more than my Kiss.

#571 8 years ago

I have one question for Lonnie:

#572 8 years ago

Another long weekend come and gone. Perhaps may long weekend code will come.

Personally I don't think code can make this game much better anyways. It's certainly not the worst game ever but it's only average at best and always will be.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Another long weekend come and gone. Perhaps may long weekend code will come.
Personally I don't think code can make this game much better anyways. It's certainly not the worst game ever but it's only average at best and always will be.

i gotta laugh... so many on here are saying its a terrible game in frustration that the code hasn't come out. yet these same people will praise highly this game when the code hits . its always going to be

#574 8 years ago

Yeah have to disagree there. To each their own we all have our own likes. IMO it's a great layout with huge potential.

#575 8 years ago

I love the layout - lighting is sweet and the music rocks. A few more rules and she'll be good to go.

#576 8 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

TWD has a slew of other issues besides code that make it a bad design. Lets not pretend that TWD and Kiss have much to do with pinball. It's more about the theme and eye-candy on both of those machines. They get played a LOT by non pinball people on location. That does NOT mean that they are well designed pinball games.

I know those that love the two games but that seems to be the exception, and not the rule. There is simply no comparison to SM, LOTR, MET, etc. if we are spouting off about other Stern titles.

TWD and KISS are certainly "behind" the fun factor of those games and "new code" is not fixing that.

Another case in point: Stern Star Trek. I don't know Star Trek, I don't care about Star Trek, but that game is a very well designed table. So much better in so many ways than TWD or KISS, if we are being honest. I like Kiss music and TWD is a fantastic TV show but that really has nothing to do with how well a pinball machine is designed. Theme implementation can only offer the pinball player so much. It can add a lot to the entire pinball experience, but it should never be the starting point to find a great playing pinball machine.

Pinball is different things to different people that play the game. Theses are all just opinions. Those that like KISS or TWD certainly see something in those games that I just I don't feel rewarded about as a player or buyer.

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

TWD has a slew of other issues besides code that make it a bad design. Lets not pretend that TWD and Kiss have much to do with pinball. It's more about the theme and eye-candy on both of those machines. They get played a LOT by non pinball people on location. That does NOT mean that they are well designed pinball games.
I know those that love the two games but that seems to be the exception, and not the rule. There is simply no comparison to SM, LOTR, MET, etc. if we are spouting off about other Stern titles.
TWD and KISS are certainly "behind" the fun factor of those games and "new code" is not fixing that.
Another case in point: Stern Star Trek. I don't know Star Trek, I don't care about Star Trek, but that game is a very well designed table. So much better in so many ways than TWD or KISS, if we are being honest. I like Kiss music and TWD is a fantastic TV show but that really has nothing to do with how well a pinball machine is designed. Theme implementation can only offer the pinball player so much. It can add a lot to the entire pinball experience, but it should never be the starting point to find a great playing pinball machine.

TWD absolutely crushes ST IMO. Couldn't disagree more with your breakdown of the two.

#579 8 years ago

So which will arrive first: ghostbusters LE to my house or KISS code update?

My distributor said May or June for ghostbusters.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you KISS owners and saying code.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

TWD absolutely crushes ST IMO. Couldn't disagree more with your breakdown of the two.

I'm curious. In theme or design? Or both?

I agree with you on theme integration. I disagree with you on layout/design/rules.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Sorry man, but you're going to have to explain this "bad design" "fact" that you keep referring to. How is KISS a bad layout/design? there are two ramps that feel smooth and satisfying to hit, two features to shoot for, both with kickouts and one with a randomizing spinner disc, a scoop, and drop targets/stand-ups to shoot for. I'm not seeing what you mean by "bad design". I can't speak to TWD cuz I don't own one and haven't played one yet. I confess I haven't read your previous post, so I apologize if you explained it there. I'll scroll up.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Sorry man, but you're going to have to explain this "bad design" "fact" that you keep referring to. How is KISS a bad layout/design? there are two ramps that feel smooth and satisfying to hit, two features to shoot for, both with kickouts and one with a randomizing spinner disc, a scoop, and drop targets/stand-ups to shoot for. I'm not seeing what you mean by "bad design". I can't speak to TWD cuz I don't own one and haven't played one yet. I confess I haven't read your previous post, so I apologize if you explained it there. I'll scroll up.

Don't be sorry.

Ok, think Stern IJ... Then look at the KISS play field. Ugh. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

The Gene head thing is a total fail. Look at how well the SAME assembly is integrated in Tron or even POTC for that matter.
I could go on but it's much like religion with pinball. The more points made seem to alienate people rather than join them together.

I shared my thoughts and respect those that like TWD and KISS.

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Don't be sorry.
blockquote>

I'm Canadian....it's in our code

THanks for the explanation, I think I see where you're coming from. I agree that TRON is basically similar with the elements of the design, it even has one or two less features, but man it's a whole different animal when you play it!

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Don't be sorry.
Ok, think Stern IJ... Then look at the KISS play field. Ugh. Makes me sick just thinking about it.
The Gene head thing is a total fail. Look at how well the SAME assembly is integrated in Tron or even POTC for that matter.
I could go on but it's much like religion with pinball. The more points made seem to alienate people rather than join them together.
I shared my thought and respect those that like TWD and KISS.

I think the kiss head is fun. Spinner under it should be more aggressive but 'total fail'? nah. Certainly not enough to make someone sick. The pin is fun, pure and simple. Great code would/could make it a VERY fun pin.

But i'm just an average pin player than has fun playing and to me, sounds, lights, theme are all part of the fun.

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm curious. In theme or design? Or both?
I agree with you on theme integration. I disagree with you on layout/design/rules.

I think theme integration is actually debatable. I think the "Hick" voice kills TWD theme for me a bit.

The layout on TWD is unique, and while I understand the gripe about the pops, I really like it. ST feels like the safest layout in the history of pinball. I can't think of a single exciting shot on the playfield. It flows wonderfully, but that isn't enough to move the needle for me.

As for code, I think the recent TWD code easily surpasses ST. ST has the same "shoot the arrows" feel that KISS has, without much else. TWD doesn't feel like I'm shooting arrows, but instead making progress towards a more intricate goal. Add to that the prison magnet, well walker bash toy, and bicycle girl ramp, and I think you have the total package.

Edit to add: Totally forgot about the crossbow and walker bombs!

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Another case in point: Stern Star Trek. I don't know Star Trek, I don't care about Star Trek, but that game is a very well designed table. So much better in so many ways than TWD or KISS, if we are being honest.

Because it's proven table design and old hat really. Kiss/TWD are pretty unique from my thinking and that can have a lot to do with it. There are certain(t)ly things I don't like on both layouts though.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

well walker bash toy, and bicycle girl ramp, and I think you have the total package.
Edit to add: Totally forgot about the crossbow and walker bombs!

All kind of old ideas/parts really. Guess they threw in some old with the new

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All kind of old ideas/parts really. Guess they threw in some old with the new

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying that those items were new/unique, just that they were added elements that were missing from a pin like ST. ST is about as basic a layout with as few features/toys as I can think of in the modern Stern era.

The features are not necessarily original on TWD, but how they're laid out on the playfield make for a unique gaming experience (if that makes sense).

#589 8 years ago

I don't own Kiss but I have played it a lot at our local arcade and I think the layout is fun to shoot. I think with good code this game could be fantastic. Kiss as a band does nothing for me, but if the code turns out really good I wouldn't mind owning a Pro.

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I don't own Kiss but I have played it a lot at our local arcade and I think the layout is fun to shoot. I think with good code this game could be fantastic. Kiss as a band does nothing for me, but if the code turns out really good I wouldn't mind owning a Pro.

Yeah I am not a KISS fan at all so I was not interested initially. However, after playing the pin I liked the layout enough to buy it. It surprised me. I totally agree the code is not where it needs to be but I have faith that it is being reworked and will end up being solid. I know some will not like it as much as I do that's just the nature of pinball.

#591 8 years ago

I think Kiss deserves better code because 1) Layout is good 2) Artwork is nice and a great hommage to the Bally version.
If I had something negative to say about the game it is that the LE/Pre/Pro versions of the cabinet do not seem distinctive enough.
With good code it could be a very good Stern. Coming from someone who is far from a Kiss fan.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Or my Ghostbusters LE in NJ before yours and the Kiss LE code

#593 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Or my Ghostbusters LE in NJ before yours and the Kiss LE code

I'm in NJ too.

#594 8 years ago

Stern is pimpin Kiss accessories HARD on FB...Of course, if I say anything about when the most important 'accessory' will be released I'll be banished from their page...Ugh.

#595 8 years ago

I will continue to believe in the inside info I was given of/by May 8th for code drop. It would be really cool to have new code on KISS in time for MGC and PAPA!

#596 8 years ago

By this rate I hope they add an extra song or two, to make up for lost time.

#597 8 years ago

First off guys I own a Kiss pro and love the game as is. It could use a few tweaks in the software but is far from bad code. See some of the Sega and Data east older games if you want some poor code. Even Williams has some poor games out there due to software only. I enjoy my Kiss a ton. it is far from the only pin I own too.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

First off guys I own a Kiss pro and love the game as is. It could use a few tweaks in the software but is far from bad code. See some of the Sega and Data east older games if you want some poor code. Even Williams has some poor games out there due to software only. I enjoy my Kiss a ton. it is far from the only pin I own too.

Good that you enjoy it. But the code is weak right now. Weak as hell. Like...beta weak. It doesn't even have outlane sounds or use the city features at all.

#599 8 years ago

Weak as hell. Like...beta weak. It doesn't even have outlane sounds or use the city features at all.

And don't forget a bunch of cities that when selected, do absolutely nothing..............

#600 8 years ago

Good that you enjoy it. But the code is weak right now. Weak as hell. Like...beta weak. It doesn't even have outlane sounds or use the city features at all.

the pin isn't getting played by me. thank goodness for mettalica and my got pro. if the code drops in may, ghostbusters le's might be delivered before the new code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.