Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 85.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Final code is a whole other story! I'm talking 9 months for just an update!

Even if there was an update every month, Pinside would bitch for the whole 2 years it takes for final code.

Don't buy ANY newly released Stern games unless you are fully mentally prepared for the 2 years wait for code.

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Kiss LE is a major disappointment. I sold that machine along time ago. Even when the code comes out, due to the layout, this game will never be a top game in my humble opinion. The star child area reminds me of Stern Indiana Jones - total waste of space and has almost zero value for ball flow and strategy. I hope I'm wrong but I feel this will compete with WWE in being one of their biggest misses. Mustang LE or Boss is better than this machine. I'm a huge supporter of Stern and I don't understand the whole code thing but I let go my LE specifically because of the layout. The giant Gene head and the star child area turns this machine into a big gimmick. Not trying to offend anyone, I really wish it turned out better. Just an opinion and you all know what those are worth. Still love Stern though.

I used to think the same of AC/DC pro. Release code was not good. But look at the game now.

Oh, and Ironman also.

Say what you want, but it's way too premature to write this game off. Easy to jump on the hate train because of the code though...

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I used to think the same of AC/DC pro. Release code was not good. But look at the game now.
Oh, and Ironman also.

You could go on and on, they just released a major code update for WWE. Why in the world would you think the same isn't coming for Kiss?

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm not sure I agree, they all still had issues. And where is Williams pinball division now?

Yep. Their initial release code had polish issues.

Are you suggesting bw went under because they shipped pins with mostly complete code?

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even if there was an update every month, Pinside would bitch for the whole 2 years it takes for final code.
Don't buy ANY newly released Stern games unless you are fully mentally prepared for the 2 years wait for code.

Well pinside will bitch no matter what, and that's a known. I honestly wouldn't have started this if we saw any updates since release more or less. I understand fine tuning the code can take a long time. But to have nothing kinda stinks.

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yep. Their initial release code had polish issues.
Are you suggesting bw went under because they shipped pins with mostly complete code?

No not at all, What I am saying is it is a totally different era and I think Stern needs to keep the line moving with new exciting titles to stay in business, and you cannot say that recently Stern has been much better about updating code

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

I understand fine tuning the code can take a long time. But to have nothing kinda stinks.

Nothing us end users can do except NOT buy any new Stern games until the code is complete.

The game is currently the #2 earner out in the wild, so the big operators are not crying.

My non-pinhead KISS Army friends are loving the game, so they are not crying.

-

Remember:

Don't buy ANY newly released Stern games unless you are mentally prepared for a 2 years wait for code.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Even when the code comes out, due to the layout, this game will never be a top game in my humble opinion

I concur.

Rob

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

No not at all, What I am saying is it is a totally different era and I think Stern needs to keep the line moving with new exciting titles to stay in business, and you cannot say that recently Stern has been much better about updating code

I've heard this before. Serious question:

Did BW have their lines not always moving?

#460 3 years ago

So, 4 hrs ago Stern facebook posts a picture of Gene Simmons and Gary together......that's either a real dick move or code is coming.

#461 3 years ago

I've heard this before. Serious question:
Did BW have their lines not always moving?

Yes and they still managed to go under, different era.

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yes and they still managed to go under, different era.

They didn't go under, rather they saw much bigger profits in slot machines and wanted the manufacturing space for that instead of pinball machines. At least that is my understanding.

Rob

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They didn't go under, rather they saw much bigger profits in slot machines and wanted the manufacturing space for that instead of pinball machines. At least that is my understanding.
Rob

I know, but obviously it wasn't profitable enough to keep going.

#464 3 years ago

If the next game is coded by Ropp I wont't be buying it regardless of the title. Simple as that.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Actually Pinball 2000 WAS turning a profit and GROWING. The WMS management at that time no longer wanted to invest into projects that that requires long term research, development, and lead times to gain profit.

Watch "Tilt! - The Battle to Save Pinball" if you want to know more about the basics of the situation with George Gomez and others. Most people including pinball designers and staff for caught off guard for the reasons I just mentioned.
They were give ZERO notice, and were just told to "go home" on Friday.

I remember when some of my friends were out of a job with no way to pay bills.
Some got lucky and were transferred to the slot machine division, the rest went onto areas like Namco.

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Neil hated the entire pinball division.

He was overjoyed to close it down.

He hated the personalities and drama.

He closed it down and refused to sell it. He wanted to make sure it stayed dead.

Years latter when he finally sold off the assets, he sold them to different buyers on different continents

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Neil hated the entire pinball division.
He was overjoyed to close it down.
He hated the personalities and drama.
He closed it down and refused to sell it. He wanted to make sure it stayed dead.
Years latter when he finally sold off the assets, he sold them to different buyers on different continents

I guess I just can't wrap my head around how anyone would want to shut down a moneymaking aspect of a business.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I guess I just can't wrap my head around how anyone would want to shut down a moneymaking aspect of a business.

Because making pinball machines is hard, time consuming, and slow with personality clashes with designers.
Particularly when you have to gamble with licensed theme costs.
Slot machines and redemption requires less effort, and the management had better control of the situation without "entrenched" people of the pinball industry.
They were "shooed" out the door.
This was not the era of Harry Williams or David Gottlieb.

Time, cost, and quality.
Pick two out of three which determines the overall profit margin.

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

See: Konami. Same thing, new decade.

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

So, 4 hrs ago Stern facebook posts a picture of Gene Simmons and Gary together......that's either a real dick move or code is coming.

It's a picture from yesterday at the Las Vegas amusement show.

#471 3 years ago

What time does Stern usually post code updates?

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

What time does Stern usually post code updates?

May:June pm

#473 3 years ago

I really hope Lonnie Ropp doesn't do the code on Star Wars.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Say what you want, but it's way too premature to write this game off.

Could not agree more. I see nothing wrong with Kiss layout (perhaps some tweaking required with Gene's head - and I like the Star child area). Artwork is a great hommage to the original Bally version. Kiss is screaming for better code. It would transfigure that pin.

Coming from someone who does not like Kiss (the group) at all.

#475 3 years ago

Where is the KISS code ?
BUMP

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Where is the KISS code ?
BUMP

its being worked on and s/b here "soon"

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

its being worked on and s/b here "soon"

back in November I posted on the stern FB page and the typical response was soon .... asked them last week and got same automated response lol ...

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

back in November I posted on the stern FB page and the typical response was soon .... asked them last week and got same automated response lol ...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

Expecting kiss code this week? Is that insane?

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

We'll know in about 80 hours....

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Did they use the latest release candidate at Texas?

If they did, it probably means code very soon.

If they still were using old code, it's not done cooking.

#482 3 years ago

Old code,
But my 10 year old got this score on the 1st place winner of modern pins at the show.

20160319_165600_(resized).jpg

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#484 3 years ago

Tomorrow, tomorrow, the code is coming tomorrow, it's only a day away.....repeat this daily.

#485 3 years ago

Reminds me of...

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam!)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first
<repeat>

faz

#486 3 years ago

We'll know in about 80 hours....

Why do you say 80 hours?? another pot guess ? fair dinkum mate ! I might as well blow the froth off a couple at the local pub waiting forever flat out like a lizard drinkin!

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Why do you say 80 hours?? another pot guess ? fair dinkum mate ! I might as well blow the froth off a couple at the local pub waiting forever flat out like a lizard drinkin!

I figure they would only post a code update when they were awake. Sleep posting is hard. And dangerous. Assuming they sleep 8 hours a night, that left 80 waking hours to do it. Of course...this is being very generous with time. If we use working hours we are now down to 32 remaining for hanks 'new and improved' contact to prove himself!

#488 3 years ago

How Long Does It Take to Build a Single-Family Home? The 2014 Survey of Construction (SOC) from the Census Bureau shows that the average completion time of a single-family house is around 7 months, which usually includes around 25 days from authorization to start and another 6 months to finish the construction.

how long does it take for stern to make a new pinball code? 9 months and counting!!!

#489 3 years ago

Kiss code is dropping this Friday.. Just in time for the weekend... Yeah!!!

#490 3 years ago

Awesome! A good game is about to get great!

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

No offense to you, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss code is dropping this Friday

Yes it's dropping below:

GOT
TWD
ST
WWE
Whoa Nellie
Mustang
SMVE
IMVE & Wheel of Fortune...that will all get updated code before KISS.

#495 3 years ago

Looking at Kiss and when I played it at Texas Pinball festival one Kiss pin had Flipper Fidelity Speakers and sub and the sound was AMAZING! It sounded so much better than my ACDC which has FF speakers also. Is this just the spike system? What is the game changer for sound on Kiss?
Thanks and I am rooting for code also!

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me...

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looking at Kiss and when I played it at Texas Pinball festival one Kiss pin had Flipper Fidelity Speakers and sub and the sound was AMAZING! It sounded so much better than my ACDC which has FF speakers also. Is this just the spike system? What is the game changer for sound on Kiss?

Haven't seen a KISS in person, but maybe Mono (AC/DC) vs Stereo (KISS)?

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Haven't seen a KISS in person, but maybe Mono (AC/DC) vs Stereo (KISS)?

Yes Acdc is pretty ordinary compared to the brilliant sounds on the KISS..
YES YES YES YES !!!! KISS CODE JUST DROPPED!!! version 1.06 now up...

just kidding

Someone said Friday but as its Easter Friday public holiday I doubt it

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I saw that pic... it was pretty damn funny. Stern wasn't smiling like usual and he had his cell phone in his hand. I think Gene said, "after we take this pic together, your gonna call the guys and tell them to finish the code!"

Screen_Shot_2016-03-24_at_12.39.14_AM_(resized).png

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My kiss makes AC/DC prem sound like garbage. Night and day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside