(Topic ID: 158395)

Where is the Ghostbusters Haunted Magnetic Sling video?

By Shoot_Again

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg
jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think that feature is the reason why I don't quite care for the Addams family. It's frustrating when you flip the perfect shot, only to have the game say "#$ck you! Shot block!"
But these slings look to at least be triggered. So they will have to hit the sling switch for them to turn on. So you'll at least be able to expect it.

The slings are set to be triggered but they could also code them to fire whenever they want...maybe during a special mode they might turn on and do things...I don't know just saying they have the option to code that but alas...time will tell.

I guess we will see a video soon

#76 7 years ago

Are the magnets just normal magnets like that used in other pinballs that simply pulse or do they move? To me they seemed to move in a circle motion in the test video we saw. Think Target logo. Does the magnets move in a circle around the center dot on the logo? I think they might? Thoughts?

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

What IF the slings suck? Just pretend... IF. We all know it's a possibility. Could the Pro possibly become the preferred model? Is it conceivable that GB LE and Premium will turn out to be the biggest flops since WWE? Stranger things have happened in this hobby.
(FYI, I haven't bought any version of GB, so I have no bias here.) I don't mean to troll anyone, and I sincerely hope it works out well for Stern and everyone involved. However, this feels like watching a train wreck. I can't look away.

Yes if the slings suck then the Pro would be the one to own unless you install Rob's sling mod LOL. It is definitely fun as it sits and I can only assume that with code refinement that it will only get better.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

You can get circular motion from a point magnet, in the same way that the earth goes around the sun despite being accelerated toward it. That's a fixed, large-core magnet under there.

ah thanks...I just imagined it differently in my head with a magnet that was able to move in a circle (clockwise and counterclockwise) around a pivot point. Hell I should patent that idea right there!

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I explained this above. The magnets don't move and there's not really circular motion from them. All they can do is attract the ball towards them when energized and let inertia and gravity handle the rest when not energized. You can get some weird things happening with several short pulses though.

I was thinking they were different then just other stationary magnets used in other games.
Yeah we covered this already after your post where I stated:

ah thanks...I just imagined it differently in my head with a magnet that was able to move in a circle (clockwise and counterclockwise) around a pivot point. Hell I should patent that idea right there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-ghostbusters-haunted-magnetic-sling-video?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.