(Topic ID: 158395)

Where is the Ghostbusters Haunted Magnetic Sling video?

By Shoot_Again

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg
jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CobraClutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I will take the magnetic slings any day with their random operation instead of the traditional slings that do nothing other than sling the ball from left to right.

Why jump to such a conclusion? They have released one video of the slings being tested by hand and people are already clamoring to call them innovative and better than traditional slings or an utter failure. Why can't everyone just wait until we actually see them in action, or god forbid, play them in person, before we start picking sides?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

My belief is how the magnets are pulsed in test mode has zero relevance to how they will be coded to behave during actual gameplay.
Why Stern decided to demonstrate the magnets the way they did I will never understand.

I think that's the biggest worry with the vid, why use this as the example?! You would think this close to (speculated) production they would have already put in tons of hours of testing and tweaking during actual gameplay. Not just tossing balls at them by hand.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If these don't replicate traditional sling activity...fail IMO. I love fast fast side to side sling action personally.
Agree that they could be amazing though, especially with this title. I look forward to seeing them with solid code.

I agree on the traditional sling replication. A lot of people will jump in and say "whats the point if they act like normal slings?" but I think it would be great if they were seemingly normal and then became "haunted" during different modes. Best of both worlds.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#72 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unless they were in a hurry to just get a video up to show people what they are working on.
LTG : )

I suppose. Just doesn't seem like the best representation of what they're working on. Or at least I hope it's not.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

next question who is getting the first NW copy of a PREM or LE?

Being right across the river I am dying to know, too.

I played the GB at Apex and had a lot of the same issues people have been mentioning (air-ball drains, this not registering). I have been meaning to hit up Quarterworld to see how theirs plays.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Literally not enough room.

This is where the "magna-slings acting like normal slings" would come in handy . . .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CobraClutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-ghostbusters-haunted-magnetic-sling-video?tu=CobraClutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.