(Topic ID: 158395)

Where is the Ghostbusters Haunted Magnetic Sling video?

By Shoot_Again

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg
jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I need to see this function before deciding which model to purchase....
For that matter I would like to see all the LE/Premium differences before simply blind buying and hoping I like them better than the pro.
How about you guys?

I am buying one I just want to be happy with my choice and depending on how this feature is done it could be a total deal breaker for me personally.

#2 7 years ago

Sterns Facebook page

#3 7 years ago

And where's the code !

#4 7 years ago

I am just not seeing it link please ff6735

thunderking I am pleasantly surprised with release code on this title.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am just not seeing it link please ff6735
thunderking I am pleasantly surprised with release code on this title.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154095400169244/

#6 7 years ago

Perfect that is the gem I was looking for. Could screw you but also could add that random replay element to the game as well. Time will tell but looks like premium FTW.

Thanks

#7 7 years ago

The new slings are definitely interesting but not sure it was a good idea. I know if Stern would have given the option on the LE/Premium models I would have chosen the traditional slings but time will tell...

#8 7 years ago

Ugh. I don't like those slings AT ALL...

#9 7 years ago

I hope it ends up working like they intended. The video makes them look terrible.
This could ruin a premium/LE that has so many great features unavailable on the pro model.
They should've used normal slings with magnets under the playfield like Addams

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

They should've used normal slings with magnets under the playfield like Addams

Was just thinking it's like playing Addams with "The Power" always on

#11 7 years ago

Likely no room for both mechs and mags

#12 7 years ago

love the look of this pin, all the toys, the artwork, but i gotta say, don't see how those slingshots will make the game any better than regular slings....time will tell I guess but seems they got "too cute" adding that

#13 7 years ago

everyone with the pro complains about how bad the outlane drains are but then people want regular slings which are one of the main reasons the outlanes are so bad... hmm this could actually help the outlane drains

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

everyone with the pro complains about how bad the outlane drains are but then people want regular slings which are one of the main reasons the outlanes are so bad... hmm this could actually help the outlane drains

Did you see the part where the mag slung the ball directly into the outlane?

#15 7 years ago

Well, to be fair traditional slings can also toss a ball into an outline, happens all the time.

Personally I think the magnetic slings are an awesome and innovative feature. What we saw in Sterns video was just a small taste of what the magnetic slings can do. Just wait until we see the magnetic slings in action, integrated with audio effects + DMD animations, and behave differently depending on the mode your in.

Traditional slings serve their purpose but its nice to finally see a unique and innovative feature that mixes things up. The magnetic slings will only enhance gameplay in unique ways and I think that will result in the game being more fun.

At todays crazy NIB prices features like magnetic slings are what I expect to see in a game. Traditional slings just toss the ball around in the same boring way over and over again, its time for something new. Magnetic slings certainly wouldn't be a good fit for every game but in a game such as Ghostbusters where they represent ghosts it makes sense.

#16 7 years ago

I really, really wish stern would post premium gameplay footage. I'm can't decide on buying until I see it in action. Wonder why they're not releasing footage. Should be soon.

#17 7 years ago

We need to see a game play video with the mag slings, the Facebook video was just showing the slings operating in test mode.

#18 7 years ago

Oh god now the sling controversy has spawned its own separate thread? it has become self aware ! We're doomed I tells ya ! DOOOOMED !

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Oh god now the sling controversy has spawned its own separate thread? it has become self aware ! We're doomed I tells ya ! DOOOOMED !

#20 7 years ago

We're doomed I tells ya ! DOOOOMED !

Could end up being another great reason NEVER to preorder...

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Was just thinking it's like playing Addams with "The Power" always on

I think that feature is the reason why I don't quite care for the Addams family. It's frustrating when you flip the perfect shot, only to have the game say "#$ck you! Shot block!"

But these slings look to at least be triggered. So they will have to hit the sling switch for them to turn on. So you'll at least be able to expect it.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Could end up being another great reason NEVER to preorder...

There's only one reason to ever preorder a game without gameplay...Bragging rights.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So they will have to hit the sling switch for them to turn on. So you'll at least be able to expect it.

Because it is more random than a traditional sling, it will make for some interesting flipper fumble moments

#24 7 years ago

I think the mag slings are going to rock can't wait to see the video come on stern!!!!

#25 7 years ago

I suppose you could always swap them out with real slings if you didn't like them.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I suppose you could always swap them out with real slings if you didn't like them.

Doubt anyone's gonna do that. Get a Pro if you want traditional slings.

#27 7 years ago

GB vault edition premium with traditional slings.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

GB vault edition premium with traditional slings.

Ghostbusters Premium VE Limited Edition Pro Edition.

#29 7 years ago

ZOMG I heard Stern was so fed up with everyone bitching they converted Prem/LE's to the new female GB art.

#30 7 years ago

There's only one reason to ever preorder a game without gameplay...Bragging rights.

Well yeah, it ends up being like a big dick contest.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

code wont support it more than likely

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Ghostbusters Premium VE Limited Edition Pro Edition.

LMFAO!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, to be fair traditional slings can also toss a ball into an outline, happens all the time

On the same side as the sling?

#34 7 years ago

I will take the magnetic slings any day with their random operation instead of the traditional slings that do nothing other than sling the ball from left to right.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I will take the magnetic slings any day with their random operation instead of the traditional slings that do nothing other than sling the ball from left to right.

Why jump to such a conclusion? They have released one video of the slings being tested by hand and people are already clamoring to call them innovative and better than traditional slings or an utter failure. Why can't everyone just wait until we actually see them in action, or god forbid, play them in person, before we start picking sides?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think that feature is the reason why I don't quite care for the Addams family. It's frustrating when you flip the perfect shot, only to have the game say "#$ck you! Shot block!"
But these slings look to at least be triggered. So they will have to hit the sling switch for them to turn on. So you'll at least be able to expect it.

The slings are set to be triggered but they could also code them to fire whenever they want...maybe during a special mode they might turn on and do things...I don't know just saying they have the option to code that but alas...time will tell.

I guess we will see a video soon

#37 7 years ago

"Why jump to such a conclusion? They have released one video of the slings being tested by hand and people are already clamoring to call them innovative and better than traditional slings or an utter failure. Why can't everyone just wait until we actually see them in action, or god forbid, play them in person, before we start picking sides?"

Because I generally hate slings. I have never liked the bouncing back and forth that adds nothing to game play. Left/right/left/right/left and then whatever. Seeing the ball spin around or bang into the sling multiple times is fun and different to watch. Also, code could be written to make the slings work according to different modes. There is opportunity here - with traditional slings it is the same old thing over and over.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

We need to see a game play video with the mag slings, the Facebook video was just showing the slings operating in test mode.

Ok, so tell stern. Dude wanted the only video we know of, that is what I provided for him.

#39 7 years ago

People in this thread be all...

jump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpgjump-to-conclusions-mat_(resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Did you see the part where the mag slung the ball directly into the outlane?

yea, because regular slings would never do that. Nope, not on any NIB stern...right? Have you ever owned a NIB stern? First 100 games are. Sling,sling, side drain. Sling sling side drain. if the sling gets ahold of the ball at all. It's pass, pass and out the outlane, every time. The game is almost unplayable the first 100 games. Happened on my LOTR, happened on my AC/DC and my TF.,

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, because regular slings would never do that. Nope, not on any NIB stern...right? Have you ever owned a NIB stern? First 100 games are. Sling,sling, side drain. Sling sling side drain. if the sling gets ahold of the ball at all. It's pass, pass and out the outlane, every time. The game is almost unplayable the first 100 games. Happened on my LOTR, happened on my AC/DC and my TF.,

Yeah, the OPPOSITE outlane from the sling that just kicked the ball. That magnet rolled the ball over the top of the sling into the outlane on the same side of the playfield. It also curled the ball into the same-side inlane. It *appears* that the magnets are trying to curl the ball over the top of the sling towards the in/out lanes.

They look cool, don't get me wrong. Very innovative use of magnets. Hopefully they will be a hit with players and the game will sell good enough that they will just finish the code and avoid the drama.

#42 7 years ago

One Word......Patience.....It will all come, it will be amazing!
yet, Many wont like it.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

yet, Many wont like it.

So you're saying it's just like any other game

#44 7 years ago

Or to learn how to play it. I plan on playing it and selling it...just like GOT.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I have never liked the bouncing back and forth that adds nothing to game play.

Adds randomness to the game.

If you don't want a challenge why don't you put screws in the outlanes and between the flippers so you never lose the ball?

#46 7 years ago

It seems like the ball comes to a deadstop right down the middle alot of times. Damn, I really wanted to order the premium but so far not liking what I'm seeing. Come on Stern, you promised us that it would act like traditional slings but I didn't see any sign of that.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Adds randomness to the game.
If you don't want a challenge why don't you put screws in the outlanes and between the flippers so you never lose the ball?

Screws! That's a great idea!!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

So you're saying it's just like any other game

Still waiting for one day, when in mass, we all agree on something! HA!

#49 7 years ago

Magnets in general with pinball have always fascinated me. Like the BSD ball going across the playfield. I kinda don't want change, but I'm anxious to see what these do. Could be really cool. And I'm sure they don't want sdtm's just as much of us, so I trust that they'll make them work.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

DeeGor said:

code wont support it more than likely

Neither will the holes in the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 49.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-ghostbusters-haunted-magnetic-sling-video?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.