Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I just had an awesome game, 226 million. The sound was on louder than normal from some tests earlier, and boy did it make playing the game immersive. Lights out, sound up, it is a wicked game. Finished AotHC completely for the first time! I also finished BW vs Hulk for the first time. I think I played for about 40 minutes. Wish this game got more love but what can you do.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The only stern game I know of that has been abandoned with incomplete code is WoF. The only stern games that actually need an update right now are xmen and Metallica.

Wrong. Avatar LE still doesn't have "Marching AMP suit" as promised. FGY still has an audio bug, which Stern has fixed but hasn't released the update for some reason. X-Men, from the sounds of it, still has some bugs and stuff. CSI has a bug where the hurry up insert times out before multiple bits of animation play...the ball kicks out and the hurry up has already ended. BDK has some modes that are just roughed in w/ just text and no graphics. I'm sure there are other games that have a bug here or there.

Quoted from markmon:

I'd say acdc is finished also. If any more updates come out, its just added extra fun. Not because its unfinished.

No, it's unfinished. "Tunes n Stuff" doesn't do anything but Tunes....where's the stuff? The devil horn inserts kinda don't really do much of anything.

#53 10 years ago

Right. But bugs here and there indicate buggy code. Not incomplete or unfinished code. There are bugs in most production level softwares from video games to office apps to operating systems. That doesn't mean they are unfinished. It means they are buggy. There are bugs in Williams games as well. It's not a matter of semantics. It's fine to want a better quality of code. But to bitch that the code is unfinished is really a separate discussion.

Maybe we are defining finished code differently. Here is my definition: I do not think finished code means they never work on it again. It basically means they have production level software that could be left, and the game is fully enjoyable. Wizard modes are implemented. It does not mean bug free. It does not mean optimized for every possible fun feature. I would consider avengers, tron, acdc, avatar all finished. I would consider xmen almost finished. Bdk I consider finished. It has all the game there. Whether its stubbed in and polished is something that could be added but not required for finishing. Games above all could be improved for fun and I hope more software comes out in the future. But I wouldn't call them unfinished. I might call them slightly lacking.

I've played family guy a few times and never noticed a sound bug. So, whatever the bug is, it doesn't seem critical, at least not so critical to consider it unfinished. The avatar le stomping suit seems a valid point though. That's a game feature that an LE buyer was promised and should be added. I have a pro so don't really care but that isn't really relevant.

For acdc, what the hell is Tunes N stuff? I don't see any insert for it. Doesn't feel like a mode I get to in the game. Doesn't seem like a required feature to implement.

#54 10 years ago

Expect a new update for acdc with next run release ....its Sterns code release pattern.
Seems a batch gets built and a new code comes out.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

as a law school dropout (and as someone who didn't read every post in this thread) I believe a class action may be in order. to me this is no different than a company advertising xx mpg when in fact it's less (can you say ford hybrids or Hyundai's). a similar (yet slightly different) case would be the Mazda miata that advertised a certain hp and then offered refunds (or other perks) to owners. there are other examples that Escape me but the general theme is either a) a manufacturer feeling obligated to right a wrong or b) a manufacturer feeling the heat from potential or actual litigation. I don't know that a class action lawsuit helps because the lawsuit will be harmful to stern while mostly only rewarding the law firm and lawyers involved; I could see the owners getting a $50 check and $75 off a shaker motor or some other paltry compensatory award.

Are you sure that you "dropped out" of law school vs. flunking out?

But seriously...

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, it's unfinished. "Tunes n Stuff" doesn't do anything but Tunes....where's the stuff? The devil horn inserts kinda don't really do much of anything.

I got a chuckle out of this one.

Where's the damn STUFF mode! And damn, those devil horn inserts confuse the crap out of me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-code-for-tavle-promised-6-ball-multiball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.