(Topic ID: 37047)

Where is the best place/website to buy a game?

By Capt_Koons

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Mudflaps
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I am looking at getting my first pin. Just trying to figure out the best place to buy. Any thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

I would post your location and try to connect with some local pinball collectors. That's where you will probably find some great guys to help you out with a purchase.

#3 11 years ago

You'll immediately save about $400 on shipping if you buy from someone local. Where are you located?

#4 11 years ago

Everyone will recommend their own dealer. If NIB, look for the drop shippers as they have better prices. Shop around.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Everyone will recommend their own dealer. If NIB, look for the drop shippers as they have better prices. Shop around.

+1. if you are looking for a used game as other members have stated post your location and give out some more info like a price range,any games you are looking for,etc. lots of good folks here that will give you lots of help. craigs list can also be good but be careful. if you find a game you like on c/l or somewhere else perhaps a local pinhead can go with you to look at the game so you dont get a bad deal.

#6 11 years ago

Pinside of course!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Everyone will recommend their own dealer

My dealer doesn't sell pins.

#8 11 years ago

Local (Craig's list or here)

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:Deleted post
    #11 11 years ago

Ebay. LOL

#12 11 years ago

Really Depends on what you are looking for. If its New In Box games looking at websites will not produce the best pricing for you due to Minimum advertised pricing policy's that the Manufactures have. Pinside is a great resource for both New and Used machines.

If this is your first machine you might want to deal local so you build up a relationship with a local supplier so you can get support in the future if you need it.. As most guys here will tell you pretty much every pinball needs some sort of adjustment, tweak or repair after finding its way into you home.. This is true for both Used and New machines. These machines take a beating in transit, plus even when games are shopped or built sometimes an issue is missed. Pinside is also a great resource for helping new buyers fix issues with there games, pretty much every issue known to man someone on this board has seen and found a fix for. You can always feel free to PM me as well, I am a fairly ok tech, but I have some great guys work work for me as well and I can always ask them.

I am a Stern Distributorship, and we also sell Used games if you don't have anyone local you want to deal with.. If you give us pinside members an Idea of what you want to spend and if you are looking for new or used many of us would be happy to give you suggestions on what machines to look at. Also let us know where in the world you are, so we can maybe make better suggestions for you

P.S. Welcome to the Crack er I mean pinball addiction.. you start with one, and will end with 50-60 pinball's!

#13 11 years ago

CL is always an adventure

#14 11 years ago

Newspaper

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My dealer doesn't sell pins.

ZING!

Honestly, Pinside is the best palce - that or Mr. Pinball Classifieds.

Got my JM, JP, and TFTC from here. Got XF from KLOV, which the owner just also happened to be a member here - so technically all 4 of my machines from last year came from here.

Pinside and patience is where it's at.

#16 11 years ago

I liked pynball.com . . . . when it was in existence.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

CL is always an adventure

Yes, indeed, getting deals on Craigslist these days are risky at best. For my first pin purchase, I would rec. looking on pinside here and other forums to see those guys who have machines for sale at fair prices. Check out their reps, ask for references from other buyers and you should be fine!

#18 11 years ago

Where you at? Have a few good first pins will sell you$900-1100

#19 11 years ago

Welcome! You should e-mail your 'friend' and ask him...

How's the ice cream?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-best-placewebsite-to-buy-a-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.