Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

489D6B63-F5D0-4475-8AB3-A6E10AF6493E.jpeg
    7EC84E5C-8E90-4255-8A40-83B575CAAA22.jpeg
    46E068F9-2B05-406F-99BE-BE711E76C741 (resized).jpeg
    7FC26924-0471-46E0-8A3D-645FC7707BEA (resized).jpeg
    12F2B8E0-7131-43EB-9D49-B39DB591EF01 (resized).jpeg
    ADB46253-211F-41A4-9BB9-32488F7C8670 (resized).jpeg
    787D485A-3F47-4CA8-B131-649A258A4D1C (resized).jpeg
    ACA05D5A-BBED-4531-99C2-C0B1DB5C9336 (resized).jpeg
    581099A5-40B4-492A-866A-DC3F0C2C5E1E (resized).jpeg
    F6D0D27F-4DBC-495F-96D9-E7700FE9BA32 (resized).jpeg
    1j9yq562dq27u (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dragon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 4 years ago

he said 8 to 10 for mine too but it was more like 11 to 12 . it all turned out ok the glass is perfect and its nice to have some one that can help

3 weeks later
    #54 4 years ago

Its beautiful to me, these variations in color they happen , but i do know how you feel one green color in my back glass was slightly bluer than the original did i notice -yes , did it bother me - only if i let it , when it comes to colors i understand there are challenges to get perfect matches , and color is different to different people it is highly subjective , the thing i consider is that many aspects of the back glass are much better now no flaking , no red fade to pink colors or see through colors , my blacks are awesome .better contrast and pop . looking at your old glass it has a nice condition of aged patina that has less color saturation in it than the new glass , when it comes to old art we all love the old patina and details , your new glass was ordered to give your old machine some wow . let me ask two questions . how does the details look on the new glass? and if you turn your machine on walk out of the room then walk back in how does the machine look to you with the new glass (non critical of color ,just how do you feel about the new glass and the machine) if it gave your machine something fresh in appearance than its great

#56 4 years ago

now that i stare at it the mountain being red instead of brown is the biggest thing , if you can look past that is the thing

the blues look better and
    the yellow shangri la looks better
    the blacks look better
    greens pop more

#62 4 years ago

still better than a trashed backglass , use brighter bulbs maybe

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Yes, i felt bad that it was a one off glass that no one would ever buy from him.
    The second glass was short in height by one inch.
    The pic i sent had 2 tape measures stretched out over it showing the length and the width. I also included the dimensions in the email in written form. I waited months and months. My wife said he took my money and i was going to get nothing but i knew he would come thru.
    With the second one, i decided to cut my loses and just make a 1" filler for the base of the glass. When i was done you could not tell unless you owned the game.
    I did not tell steve that the second one was also the wrong size. I did not want to burn that bridge.

wow , these things happen because of either poor communication method or working to fast , I don't think you or steve were at fault , i would just tell him what had happened anyways and give him the opportunity to do the right thing , an artist like steve is likely a profectionist and if this is new to his catalog he will likely catalog what he creates including mistakes

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

It was 2 years ago.
    I have since sold the game.
    I tried to sell the second glass on pinside.
    No interest.

i didn't know that was history , sorry for your short straws you drew , it is a concern when we enter into these things as we hope for the best , and thanks for sharing this story

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dragon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-bgresto?tu=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.