Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

489D6B63-F5D0-4475-8AB3-A6E10AF6493E.jpeg
    7EC84E5C-8E90-4255-8A40-83B575CAAA22.jpeg
    46E068F9-2B05-406F-99BE-BE711E76C741 (resized).jpeg
    7FC26924-0471-46E0-8A3D-645FC7707BEA (resized).jpeg
    12F2B8E0-7131-43EB-9D49-B39DB591EF01 (resized).jpeg
    ADB46253-211F-41A4-9BB9-32488F7C8670 (resized).jpeg
    787D485A-3F47-4CA8-B131-649A258A4D1C (resized).jpeg
    ACA05D5A-BBED-4531-99C2-C0B1DB5C9336 (resized).jpeg
    581099A5-40B4-492A-866A-DC3F0C2C5E1E (resized).jpeg
    F6D0D27F-4DBC-495F-96D9-E7700FE9BA32 (resized).jpeg
    1j9yq562dq27u (resized).jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Let me start by saying I greatly appreciate the work that BG Resto does for the pinball community I can only imagine how busy he must be but does anyone know the average time it takes for them to respond to a inquiry with this company? Emailed them 5 weeks ago then two weeks ago still no response. Always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt , just hoping for a logical explanation and trying to get a glass restored thanks

#2 6 years ago

Search button is your friend.

here is an active thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bgresto-still-in-business

I've used them in the past. Slow, but was very happy with result.

#3 6 years ago

I emailed yesterday and got a response the same day.

#4 6 years ago

Wow really? Well I guess I need to rule out some technical issue before I start assuming this is personal was your inquiry for a backglass he already had on his list? Because mine is not, I'm wondering if he's just hesitant to take on anything new cuz of all the shows coming up.

#5 6 years ago

I ordered a backglass a couple of weeks ago. Always happy with his product. As stated, a little slow in my opinion, but worth the wait. If are still having problems contacting via email, here is the phone number Steve provided me in his response 248-760-7381.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from cj69:

was your inquiry for a backglass he already had on his list?

Yes

#7 6 years ago

Definitely call. Number is in the other thread.

Edit: just saw it was above already as well.

#8 6 years ago

Definitely call. I had many emails that went unanswered, but calling and texting seemed to work. I was at 5 months waiting for a Grand Prix backglass to get made even though it was a previously scanned glass.

#9 6 years ago

I have gotten many glasses from Steve. Great guy and amazing work.
    He did a restoration for my Zaccaria Combat glass. It was one that he needed a good scan to restore.
    Good thing I sealed it before shipping to him. It arrived broken in 20 pieces. He was able to piece it back together for a good scan.
    Had it not been sealed, it would probably have been a million pieces.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks folks Steve has contacted me and I'm about to get it shipped out price sounds cool and time as well , I'm pretty glad he has started to preserve the mirror look now vs the Grey , in fact it's why I chose to follow through so I can't wait to see this. Certainly a game changer , ha literally.

#11 6 years ago

I emailed earlier this week and have not received anything back either. I just wanted to know what he charges for his backglasses. What do they cost?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from billv45:

I emailed earlier this week and have not received anything back either. I just wanted to know what he charges for his backglasses. What do they cost?

Probably depends on several things, but typically $320 shipped.

#13 6 years ago

Steve recently shipped a new backglass for SweetHearts. Very very nicely done. Paid up front via PayPal, then waited about 4 months. No comm from Steve during the wait; but he did come through with a beautiful finished product. Paid about $320 including shipping if I remember correctly.

#14 6 years ago

I am sure he gets tons of emails so here is a tip I have found. Make your email short and to the point and you are more likely to get a response. Long emails with lots of questions going different directions are more likely to get put into the "I will follow up on this later pile" and then forgotten.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverWings:

Steve recently shipped a new backglass for SweetHearts. Very very nicely done. Paid up front via PayPal, then waited about 4 months. No comm from Steve during the wait; but he did come through with a beautiful finished product. Paid about $320 including shipping if I remember correctly.

Was that a glass he had done before or did you send him your glass for scanning?
    thanks

#16 6 years ago

I've turned down several games with bad backglasses because I don't have the patience to wait this long or wonder if I'd hear back and gotten what I needed.

With all of the technology advances, I can't believe that no one has come forward with a better business plan to compete with him.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

I've turned down several games with bad backglasses because I don't have the patience to wait this long or wonder if I'd hear back and gotten what I needed.
    With all of the technology advances, I can't believe that no one has come forward with a better business plan to compete with him.

So what keeps you from doing it and competing with him?

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Not quite sure what you mean by this. BGResto has the technology. Direct printing on glass is just about as modern as it gets, but it's not the best as far as clarity and translucency. Ron Webb does it old school with screening and his are the best anywhere...indistinguishable from original.

That said, I don't think anyone making backglasses has quit their day job and just sits around cranking them out. Shay has a limited run of glass as does Ron Webb and John Greatwich. BGResto has the largest selection of already done artwork. Recreating new art I'm sure takes a looooooong time. I figure if he gets 300 requests for backglasses, and he can print 3 a day, I'd guess you'd be waiting 3 months minimum. Seems reasonable.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from billv45:

Was that a glass he had done before or did you send him your glass for scanning?
    thanks

It was one he'd done before.

2 weeks later
    #20 6 years ago

I am glad to have found this thread. I paid steve over 2 months ago for a restoration and he told me it would ship in 5-9 weeks. that has long since passed, and since he got my payment, he stopped responding to emails. So it just seems like that is his M.O. I am not in a rush, but it is troubling when you send someone $$ and then they stop responding to emails. I'll give him a call later this week as it sounds like he just doesn't respond to email.

Tony c

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from acaciolo:

I am glad to have found this thread. I paid steve over 2 months ago for a restoration and he told me it would ship in 5-9 weeks. that has long since passed, and since he got my payment, he stopped responding to emails. So it just seems like that is his M.O. I am not in a rush, but it is troubling when you send someone $$ and then they stop responding to emails. I'll give him a call later this week as it sounds like he just doesn't respond to email.
    Tony c

Tony, certainly understand the concern but rest assure you will get your glass from Steve. I have purchased multiple glasses from him and one took (I believe) 9 months. He had to recreate the artwork from a shattered glass. My (Super Hockey) glass is the one on his main page of his site. Turned out great. As stated over and over he does this on the side and travels, for his real job, often so he goes time without responding. Best thing is to call him but again you will get your glass!

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Tony, certainly understand the concern but rest assure you will get your glass from Steve. I have purchased multiple glasses from him and one took (I believe) 9 months. He had to recreate the artwork from a shattered glass. My (Super Hockey) glass is the one on his main page of his site. Turned out great. As stated over and over he does this on the side and travels, for his real job, often so he goes time without responding. Best thing is to call him but again you will get your glass!

Then I have no worries! He already had the template for the one I need, so maybe that is why he gave me a quicker ETA. I'll sit tight. thanks for the response.

#23 6 years ago

Yep.....no worries with Steve, he is just a super busy guy like most that do pinball work as a side gig. Work is always top notch and is a super nice guy...really an asset to the hobby as there is no one else that will provide this service for us.
    He will get back to you..i'm sure he's out on business or something.

#24 6 years ago

I got a Gottlieb Showboat from him.

Was around 10 weeks but worth the wait.

I am very happy

Of course my old one was basically a clear piece of glass!!!

He always got back to me.

3 months later
    #25 5 years ago

My question is, as far as I can tell there is no address on the site. I thought they were in Michigan and I will be going up there soon , was wondering if I could drop off a couple BG's (to save on shipping) but cant find their address anywhere even google....weird. Im in Indy, only a 2-3 hor drive and I go to Ft wayne a lot so depending on where they are I would be able to stop by their shop...

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Heaterguy:

My question is, as far as I can tell there is no address on the site. I thought they were in Michigan and I will be going up there soon , was wondering if I could drop off a couple BG's (to save on shipping) but cant find their address anywhere even google....weird. Im in Indy, only a 2-3 hor drive and I go to Ft wayne a lot so depending on where they are I would be able to stop by their shop...

West Bloomfield, MI

#28 5 years ago

Just got my BLAST OFF wow it's great, as long as your not in a hurry.

1j9yq562dq27u (resized).jpg1j9yq562dq27u (resized).jpg
    #29 5 years ago

a lot of people drop their glass off at the VFW for steve (he comes by fairly often.)

#30 5 years ago

Do you have to send in your old glass if he has already run that glass before?

#31 5 years ago

Not typically, he has the artwork already.

1 week later
    #32 5 years ago

I just received a new glass from Steve the other day. Always comes thru, it just takes awhile.

#33 5 years ago

Just got my Target Gallery backglass
    Its Gorgous.Game was on American pickers
    Pinball pimp.made stencils, Hot Rod Plating did chrome, photos of complete restoration.cool old pitch n bat

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Not typically, he has the artwork already.

On gottlieb he needs your original glass. on bally/williams/stern/midway/genco/ccm, he does not (unless he hasn't scanned the artwork before.)

2 months later
    #35 5 years ago

Anyone have contact with Steve lately? My texts and emails have not been responded to, which I know is completely normal, I know...I've bought from BGResto before.

Normally I would just play the waiting game, but I had sent an original woodrail glass to VFW for him to pick up and repro...I'm just looking to know if he got it, and ETA of completion.

#36 5 years ago

I got an email reply from him last Friday. Though, it did take a few days for him to respond. Yesterday I received a shipping notice. So he is still there and active. Be patience and keep trying as he is busy. He will respond eventually.

Phil

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from BleacherBum:

I got an email reply from him last Friday. Though, it did take a few days for him to respond. Yesterday I received a shipping notice. So he is still there and active. Be patience and keep trying as he is busy. He will respond eventually.
    Phil

Do you care to tell me when you placed your order? I ordered 2 glasses on June 13. I'm now about 3 weeks past the expected time frame of 8-10 weeks. I emailed him in August and was told they "should" ship by the end of the month. I've made it a point not to harass him with questions on the ship date, because I know that's extremely annoying. I am wondering though, at what point is it appropriate to get concerned?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from JVice:

Do you care to tell me when you placed your order? I ordered 2 glasses on June 13. I'm now about 3 weeks past the expected time frame of 8-10 weeks. I emailed him in August and was told they "should" ship by the end of the month. I've made it a point not to harass him with questions on the ship date, because I know that's extremely annoying. I am wondering though, at what point is it appropriate to get concerned?

Don't be concerned until two years have passed.

#39 5 years ago

I'm not sure if that is a joke

#40 5 years ago

I texted Steve a few days ago and got a response the same day. He was in California and up to his elbows it sounded like. Good guy...he'll get back to you.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from JVice:

I'm not sure if that is a joke

Actually kind of serious. If you don't hear from him in two years, there's a problem. Otherwise, all is well and you'll have your glass in another month or three. He's been in California this week and staying there over the weekend.
    He's still young enough to enjoy traveling a lot for his job.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hogey:

I texted Steve a few days ago and got a response the same day. He was in California and up to his elbows it sounded like. Good guy...he'll get back to you.

He doesn't need to get back to me, as I don't have a pending email in to him. I didn't want to bother him, i really just wanted to know if this was standard operating procedure

3 weeks later
    #43 5 years ago

I just picked up a restored backglass from bgresto for Score-Board from the VFW mini show today. Steve was not there, but he left mine with some he was selling at the show. This is my first experience with a restored backglass so perhaps i’m overreacting but it’s spectacular!

He had ready done one for Score-Board already (back in May i believe) and so the turnaround was fairly quick (less than two months—though there could have been a delay since we arranged to have me pick it up at VFW show).

Thanks Steve!

1 week later
    #44 5 years ago

Well, as an update to mine, I still haven't heard anything.

1 year later
    #45 4 years ago

Steve is an awesome person. Had a little issue on my backglass. He made good 100%. he is straight forward person no BS.

#46 4 years ago

I sent my glass to Steve on 10/4 for him to scan to make repos. He sent it back to me on 10/25. He finished the touchups and I paid for a new glass 2 weeks later and he said it should be 6-10 weeks. So far he’s been really good to work with and has come through with everything.

As for the 2 year mention joke or not, I hope that’s not the case. I’ll probably be bored of and/or sell the game by then

2 weeks later
    #47 4 years ago

he said 8 to 10 for mine too but it was more like 11 to 12 . it all turned out ok the glass is perfect and its nice to have some one that can help

#48 4 years ago

I have said it before, steve will have the largest digital file of back glasses on the planet.
    He will eventually rule the backglass game.

I have purchased several glasses and have always been pleased with his service and the product.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I have said it before, steve will have the largest digital file of back glasses on the planet.
    He will eventually rule the backglass game.
    I have purchased several glasses and have always been pleased with his service and the product.

He needs a helping hand though. That’s a lot for one guy.

You’re right though, the number of glasses, the fact people will wait as long as they will, and highly positive feedback when a glass arrives. He’s pretty much there already.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

He needs a helping hand though. That’s a lot for one guy.
    You’re right though, the number of glasses, the fact people will wait as long as they will, and highly positive feedback when a glass arrives. He’s pretty much there already.

these guys are a better alternative, 1 month turn around

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-bgresto?hl=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.