(Topic ID: 287474)

Where is all the 10-point switches located on Bally Old Chicago?

By sizteves

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10-pt-switch (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi! Working on an Old Chicago and the 10 point relay hangs up. I understand from the schematics that there are 9 switches connected to the relay. I checked the ones in the thumper bumpers and they are OK, but where is the other switches located in the machine?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from sizteves:

but where is the other switches located in the machine?

Likely the slings; you can take off the glass and poke everything til you find them.

#3 3 years ago

Most will just be contacts behind various rubbers around the playfield

#4 3 years ago

Not as technically savvy as most on here but believe there are 2 on the left side of playfield - just left of lower 10 pop bumper and just under the 1000 point advance - sax player; on the right just to the right of the lower pop bumper - and just above the drop down targets. That said, each side of the upper in lane slings also have 10 point switches as well. There are 3 full time 10 pops - the other 2 alternate 10/100 so not sure how that impacts the count.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffThanksYou:

the other 2 alternate 10/100 so not sure how that impacts the count.

Anything that can score 10 would be counted.

Did you take off the glass and push things to see the score?

#6 3 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! Checked the schematics again and they're referred to as "rebound switches":
10-pt-switch (resized).png10-pt-switch (resized).png

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from sizteves:

Thanks for all the feedback! Checked the schematics again and they're referred to as "rebound switches":
[quoted image]

Appears you have 11 switches/sources for 10 point scoring - 6 on the playfield and 5 Pop bumpers

Good luck

#8 3 years ago

The schematic says there should be 9 "rebound" switches in addition to the 5 bumper switches, unless it's a printing error. Guess I'll have to search for them manually then. Usually I plan out my workflow and error search routine in detail before I go to the workshop, but I'm not familiar with Old Chicago.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from sizteves:

The schematic says there should be 9 "rebound" switches in addition to the 5 bumper switches, unless it's a printing error. Guess I'll have to search for them manually then. Usually I plan out my workflow and error search routine in detail before I go to the workshop, but I'm not familiar with Old Chicago.

Just visually (not looking at schematic) I note 7 on the playfield - 1 to the right of the center kick out hole, 1 on each rebound side of the in-lanes up top, 2 along the each side of the lower playfield as referenced above...and then the 5 pops - hope it helps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-all-the-10-point-switches-located-on-bally-old-chicago?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.