(Topic ID: 179630)

Where does this wire on Player Unit go to? Jumping Jack)

By QuietEarp

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by QuietEarp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2420 (resized).JPG
IMG_2417 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hi, I was trying to find out why my Jumping Jack ejects a ball after the game has ended, and was following some advice in some older threads.

I see on my Player Unit that there is a wire that seems to be disconnected. I took a photo. It is the wire that goes from one of the top fingers to the middle and then ? Looks like it maybe connected to the other bottom fingers, but I am not sure. Anyone know where it belongs?

Thank you!

IMG_2417 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Anyone know where it belongs?

It should attach to one of those screws, there is an eyelet with a soldering tab that should be there. You could use an electrical connector. Most Gottlieb steppers for 2 player games, are like this.

#3 2 years ago

It does go from the top finger to a connector attached to a screw in the middle which I think is what you are describing (one of the 3 screws). There is an additional length of wire that continues from there and that is the wire in question. I guess it is kind of hard to see, but it has the frayed black insulation on the lower right by the screw at 4 o clock.. I find it unlikely that it from there goes to another one of the screws as they are all bonded with star washers and the triangular metal plate.

#4 2 years ago

Has the insulation just pulled off the wire? Has the wire broke in 2. Leaving part of the copper attached to the shoe and the other piece attached to the connection? With a hollow insulation. ( Did not see the small connector until zoomed on the image.) People on Pinside have seen that wire doubled up.

#5 2 years ago

Yes, insulation is just pulling off the wire (it is pulled off by about 3/4"). I think you solved it. The wire is attached to the metal rim around the finger, then goes to the connector on the screw and I think I see where it is broken off of the top of that finger. When you said "doubled up" I looked there again. I think that is the answer.

I wonder why that second connection is at a slightly different point than the first. I get continuity between them.

Thanks!

IMG_2420 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington Heights, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Singer Pinball Designs
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 19.95
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside