Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1506 (resized).JPG
IMG_1503 (resized).JPG
IMG_1505 (resized).JPG
20210521_112800[1] (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Data East Jurassic Park, I noticed this loose wire and cant figure out its proper place? Solid white wire coming from a small tab with 2 other wires (white/green) & a diode. Location is under the play field in front of a small stand up target. Asking a favor if someone else could take a look at their game & tell me where it goes?

20210521_112800[1] (resized).jpg20210521_112800[1] (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

I can look. What target is it? What is that insert in the picture? Just looking for better general sense of what I'm looking for.

#3 2 years ago

Do you have any switches not registering?

The grn/white wire should be in the switch matrix in the manual. Should give you an idea of which switches to check.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I can look. What target is it? What is that insert in the picture? Just looking for better general sense of what I'm looking for.

Sorry I am not in front of the game right now but its near a scoop I think just in front of a small pick target. If you can locate the metal tab/junction under the play field in that picture its the center wire in that group of three

#5 2 years ago

I just looked up a play field image this little tab thingy (under the play field) is right in front of a small green stand up/pick target to the right of the right side scoop next to the insert with a letter A

#6 2 years ago

Monday morning bump. Just to the right of the A insert under the play field. White wire on the center lug.

#7 2 years ago

So with the caveat that different game builds and operator hacks can change things (meaning my game could easily be incorrect) I have attached photos for you. It appears the wire on my center lug goes to a switch on the trough. As a previous poster mentioned I'd double check if any switches aren't working (specifically that switch) before doing anything further.

Note that my wiring is different on those lugs than yours as I don't have wires going to all 3. Another reason you should use switch test in conjunction with these photos rather than just attaching something.

IMG_1503 (resized).JPGIMG_1503 (resized).JPGIMG_1505 (resized).JPGIMG_1505 (resized).JPGIMG_1506 (resized).JPGIMG_1506 (resized).JPG
#8 2 years ago

Thanks for those pics it helps much. I don't know if I have ever seen wires on both ends of the diode on a switch like that before. I will check all those switches before doing anything Thanks again.

#9 2 years ago

Well I checked both of those switches in that trough during a game with play field raised & they both register points when triggered manually. I have opted to leave it un attached for now.

#10 2 years ago

Yeah... I've found some hacks and mistakes on this game I had to fix (only had about 2 months) so mine might not be the best reference. That being said I have no switches out that I have noticed so I'm not (currently) looking for any trouble!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-does-this-wire-go-jp-data-east and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.