By PanzerFreak

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with your Hobbit preorder?”

• I will cancel my preorder if the game is released in its current state 76 votes
    73%
  • I will stick with my preorder if some concerns are addressed 28 votes
    27%

(104 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trek-ng-small.jpg
KevinMazur-Lyrics.jpg
sting.jpg
robin-pole-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PennSkier.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

Those of us who saw WOZ very early saw an incomplete game that COMPLETELY blossomed well into the production run with code additions. Bear in mind that due to the licensing being tied to the release of the 3rd Hobbit film, we are NOT seeing a completed game - I would presume that anything using features/clips/audio from Film #3 is probably not in the code version we are seeing in Chicago.

Just remember how well WOZ completely met (and exceeded) its potential with Code Release 3.0 - which was a good 6-8 months after the first games went out.

A select few received WOZ and SOLD IT well before V 3.0 - they waited a year for it and then could not wait long enough to see the final version before growing impatient and dumping it. Their loss. I feel like people who did this were foolish.

Hobbit will be fine.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well Jack said on the Google group that more will be revealed about TH at the IAAPA trade show around mid-November. I'm still reserving judgement until then, but I really need to see the suggested changes to the playfield, that have already been repeatedly mentioned in a million other theads.

This is an excellent point. Quite frankly, IAAPA matters MORE than Pin Expo from a commerciality standpoint. IN A GENERAL SENSE, Pin Expo is a finely focussed set of pinball-specific enthusiasts and collectors - in other words "a small group". Opinions DO matter greatly BUT.....

IAAPA is where JJP made a huge splash back in 2012 by winning "Best New Game of 2012" for WOZ and got the attention of the entire amusement industry. These are the Amusement Arcade/Themepark and Gaming OPERATORS that JJP must impress in order to not only sell the game but also to claim some valued real estate at the various venues. It would be nice to see a similar splash occur in 2014 - we will see.

I am taking the Pin Expo feedback with a grain of salt for now.

#33 9 years ago

For future polls - No "if" statements - it confuses things. I did not even answer the poll - too confusing and neither option addressed where I stand. "Staying in PERIOD" (with no ifs).

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

and of course the 60 people must be actual people who have a hobbit reserved ... really you believe that?

I have a Hobbit reserved - and I did not even answer the poll at all due to neither of the choices reflected "I am in and staying in" with no qualifications. The Hobbit poll reveals nothing useful.

For what it is worth - "In from Day 1 and staying in on an MMR" - though I believe that poll was clear cut so I answered it.

The internet - a vast wasteland of misinformation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PennSkier.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-stand-with-your-hobbit-preorder-poll?tu=PennSkier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.