(Topic ID: 89658)

Where do you stand on your Predator pre-order?

By Wahchintonka

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WIKED
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand on your Predator pre-order?”

• I am sold on the game and simply cannot wait to get my hands on my machine. 53 votes
    44%
  • I want to see some more gameplay (possibly the older videos) before I finally decide. 15 votes
    13%
  • I need to see every feature of the machine working (including the UV) or I'm out. 40 votes
    33%
  • I just recently heard about Predator, where can I order one? 12 votes
    10%

(120 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So they still haven't sold all 250 units? It sounds like they are getting close to the end of the wait list. I wonder what will happen if they come up short. Would they just not build those machines or would some become available through distributors?

What makes you think it is the end of the wait list? I wonder how many people have joined the wait list since January.

#52 9 years ago

I don't think they're anywhere near the end of the wait list. WIKED said he joined the waitlist in January. Check out the last part of post #151, which was after the video came out, 5 months and 2 weeks ago per the timestamp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete/page/4

"As always, just send me an email to get on the waiting list. The waiting list has absolutely exploded in the last 20 or so hours since posting the video, so the sooner the better. As is regularly mentioned, we're at the point now where real money is going to be required, and no one can predict what is going to happen at that point."

#53 9 years ago

Sorry, they may have had more sign ups after the briefly posted video, but I would still consider people who just signed up this year to be *near* the end of the wait list. Even if you see it differently, it still remains that there are (as of right now) unsold units and the question of where they could end up.

#54 9 years ago

I apparently don't get whatever point you are trying to make. It sounds like you're concerned that somehow they aren't going to be able to sell 250 machines total and will either have machines sitting there begging someone to take them or just not bother to build them at all.

A person who was on the list in January got a shot at a machine. Kevin said many many more people signed up after the video was shown in April-ish. They've got at least $3K from approximately 250 people or a few less if they're still waiting on the waitlist people to pay, with some people paying in full already. There aren't unsold units, because there are no actual machines yet as they haven't been made, but there may still be unsold spots. If there are a few more drops outs, then there's still the wait list. Long before they get to the actual end of the list of 250 spots and through the complete wait list, games are going to be made and delivered. People will get their games, review them, and more people will be able to see actual gameplay and hear actual reviews. Unless the reviews just absolutely suck, the machines fall apart in the boxes during deliver, or they blow up when turned on... then more people will be exposed to the machines and therefore potentially/probably want them. I can basically guarantee you there's no way they'll have ready-to-ship machines at the end of the run unsold and not be able to sell them at all. I believe any of the boutique manufacturers that had a decent product boxed up and ready to ship could probably sell that machine in about 30 minutes on Pinside alone, because people want cool new machines and don't want to wait for them.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Sorry, they may have had more sign ups after the briefly posted video, but I would still consider people who just signed up this year to be *near* the end of the wait list. Even if you see it differently, it still remains that there are (as of right now) unsold units and the question of where they could end up.

The game is sold out and there is still a waitlist of over 100 deep is what i was recently told from someone that seems to have the inside scoop on skitB.

If someone pulls out then they contact the next person on the list... Not sure why that is so hard to understand...

#56 9 years ago

Ok, my understanding here was that all the 250 people who had $250+ down on the game had been given a deadline to pay 50% of the game. This 50% payment was non-refundable, so you can't 'drop out' after this. SkitB was then moving on to the wait list to fill the spots of those who didn't pay. My point is that people who got on the list this year are on the 'wait list'. They are not the people that had $250 down. Now the people who just got on that wait list this year are being asked for money. That says to me that enough people passed on Pred that someone who just got on the wait list has an opportunity to buy in. Not sure why that's so hard to understand... Is there some other extra wait list after this wait list that is after the people who put $250 down?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Ok, my understanding here was that all the 250 people who had $250+ down on the game had been given a deadline to pay 50% of the game. This 50% payment was non-refundable, so you can't 'drop out' after this. SkitB was then moving on to the wait list to fill the spots of those who didn't pay. My point is that people who got on the list this year are on the 'wait list'. They are not the people that had $250 down. Now the people who just got on that wait list this year are being asked for money. That says to me that enough people passed on Pred that someone who just got on the wait list has an opportunity to buy in. Not sure why that's so hard to understand... Is there some other extra wait list after this wait list that is after the people who put $250 down?

Thats not correct about the 50%, it is refundable and if you decide to drop after payment the waitlister sends in payment of 3k for that spot which I would assume gets mailed to the dropout.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You are wrong. If you have not been paying attention, there has been a single and growing waitlist for a LONG time, if someone wants out they can get out so long as there is someone waiting for their spot. From the math we have here showing updated production numbers it appears approx 20% of people originally "in" dropped out AND those spots were quickly filled with those on the waitlist.

It also appears that there is STILL a substantial waitlist as many signed up after JAN 2014. All 250 are accounted for AND there is still a long waitlist in case any of those people drop out.

If you have decided you want back in on the project, then i suggest contacting SkitB and getting on the waitlist. if you don't, then stop stirring an empty pot with incorrect information, please.

#60 9 years ago

Aside from the fact that if you have money in, you CAN still drop out, exactly what is incorrect about what I said? I know that the wait list has existed for a long time, that's why I would assume that people who got on it this year were closer to the end of it than the beginning. 250 people had $250+ down on the game. Additional people were on the 'wait list' standing by for if/when one of the original 250 drop out. I don't see how I am stirring the pot here.

#61 9 years ago

There is only one line. When the guys first started taking orders, no money was needed to stand in that line, and the first 250 people to stand there and then pay the money when their machine was ready got one. Then the line got much longer than 250 people, so to try to weed out the people who weren't really interested and only standing there because it was free to do so, the rules changed and it cost $250 to stand in the first 250 spots in that line. Of course some people dropped out, and whoever was behind them just moved forward. Anyone wanting to get out of the line could do so at any time, and their $250 was refunded once the line moved forward and the person who moved up into the first 250 spots paid their money.

Once the guys needed money to actually get started building the machines, the cost to stand in those first 250 spots in line went up to $3,000. Again, some people didnt have the money, or found another line they wanted to be in, so they stepped out of line and everyone behind moved forward. Those that had paid money were refunded once the people now in the top 250 spots paid up. Those first 250 people can still leave the line and get a refund, once the money is paid from the people who moved up.

Right now, we are all just standing in line. There are no machines built, so even those like me who have paid in full don't have a 'unit,' we have a spot in line. Despite people dropping out throughout the years, there are rumors that the line is well over 350 total. It doesnt matter who you are or when you got in line... if you are standing in the first 250 spots, you have paid $3,000 to be standing there. There is no $250 spot anymore, the price to be there went up. Now, once machines are being built and handed out in order of the line, if you get to the front and don't have the full amount to pay, then you'll get your money back when the person behind you does pay in full and take the machine. And it is almost certain that once the first few people in line get theirs and give reviews and people see that it can be done, then more people will get in line just in case people drop out for whatever reason.

There is no non-refundable deposit. Never has been. There is no drop out deadline, only the cost to stand in the first 250 spots has changed. No game is going to not be made or sold because someone wanted it but then dropped out. There are plenty in line who will take it, and every reason for 250 units of a $4750 machine to be created and sold.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I emailed to join the waiting list on the 5th January and today I received an email from Kevin saying I was next on the list as people had pulled out and if I wanted in to reply ASAP.
To be honest when I asked to be put on the waiting list I never thought I would ever be able to buy one as I was so late.
It's always worth trying to be added to the waiting list as you never know.

Ha, I was just about to post that I got called up to the owner's list. I emailed on the 4th of January! Great minds think alike eh?

The only thing that sucks, is I would really like to pour over the videos etc. that apparently don't exist any more?!

Quick question to anyone; is the red trim standard? I see both red and stainless on the internet, but I prefer the red by far. Just trying to dig in to all this game has to offer, but I'm a little late to the party it seems.

#63 9 years ago

Red is standard. There are pics in an old mgc thread with the near complete game.

#64 9 years ago

I think it would have been pretty cool to have black trim with red blood splatter/trails!
This game is going to look great!!

#65 9 years ago

I have a feeling the mods for this game are going to be as epic as the movie.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

There is only one line. When the guys first started taking orders, no money was needed to stand in that line, and the first 250 people to stand there and then pay the money when their machine was ready got one. Then the line got much longer than 250 people, so to try to weed out the people who weren't really interested and only standing there because it was free to do so, the rules changed and it cost $250 to stand in the first 250 spots in that line. Of course some people dropped out, and whoever was behind them just moved forward. Anyone wanting to get out of the line could do so at any time, and their $250 was refunded once the line moved forward and the person who moved up into the first 250 spots paid their money.
Once the guys needed money to actually get started building the machines, the cost to stand in those first 250 spots in line went up to $3,000. Again, some people didnt have the money, or found another line they wanted to be in, so they stepped out of line and everyone behind moved forward. Those that had paid money were refunded once the people now in the top 250 spots paid up. Those first 250 people can still leave the line and get a refund, once the money is paid from the people who moved up.
Right now, we are all just standing in line. There are no machines built, so even those like me who have paid in full don't have a 'unit,' we have a spot in line. Despite people dropping out throughout the years, there are rumors that the line is well over 350 total. It doesnt matter who you are or when you got in line... if you are standing in the first 250 spots, you have paid $3,000 to be standing there. There is no $250 spot anymore, the price to be there went up. Now, once machines are being built and handed out in order of the line, if you get to the front and don't have the full amount to pay, then you'll get your money back when the person behind you does pay in full and take the machine. And it is almost certain that once the first few people in line get theirs and give reviews and people see that it can be done, then more people will get in line just in case people drop out for whatever reason.
There is no non-refundable deposit. Never has been. There is no drop out deadline, only the cost to stand in the first 250 spots has changed. No game is going to not be made or sold because someone wanted it but then dropped out. There are plenty in line who will take it, and every reason for 250 units of a $4750 machine to be created and sold.

This was a wonderful explanation.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Ha, I was just about to post that I got called up to the owner's list. I emailed on the 4th of January! Great minds think alike eh?
The only thing that sucks, is I would really like to pour over the videos etc. that apparently don't exist any more?!

Congrats on getting on the owner's list too.

I would have liked to see that video too but I love the theme and have seen enough in the past for me to jump at it.

I paid for mine in full today. I don't mind the extra goodies also. Thanks Skit-B!

#68 9 years ago

Yep. Been paid in full for a year now. I was build #195, PRED #190. I'm sure I've been promoted since last year.

#69 9 years ago

Got in early and paid in full

#43 with build # 74

#70 9 years ago

#67 with build # 84

#71 9 years ago

Hi guys just wanted to hop in here and let everyone know I finished making all the Predator topper mods that were pre ordered. I made a few extra actually looks like 6 extra or 3 pairs depending on if u want 1 or 2 for the game. Skull and spines come with a black wrinkle powder coated bracket and all hardware for mounting. Any questions lmk. I will make more but really slammed at the shop right now so it might be a while to I get a chance to make more.
$150 plus shipping for 1
or
$250 plus shipping for a pair
Thanks

#72 9 years ago

I'm yet to get a production and build number but I guess Kevin is snowed under with email.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I'm yet to get a production and build number but I guess Kevin is snowed under with email.

I hope he is snowed under Predator parts
Pls email him directly, that's a better chance to get response in time.
I'm still patient, joined quite early, paid in and waiting for news ...

#74 9 years ago

I just emailed Kevin again but I know he is so busy to read his emails as he probably gets hundreds of email per week.

I get about a thousand emails per week in my spam folder so maybe my email goes to his spam folder

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I just emailed me again

No surprise Kevin did not receive it then

#76 9 years ago

I just need a better place to put these as guests just don't get it LMAO

image.jpgimage.jpg
#77 9 years ago

Get a plant hook, put it in your ceiling at a window (preferably with a street view,) and hang them there. Halloween decorations are done.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I just need a better place to put these as guests just don't get it LMAO

image.jpg 192 KB

I would be a guest who would appreciate you mantle decorations quite a bit. I didn't order these for my Predator but I'm thinking maybe I should.

#79 9 years ago

They are TOTAL conversation starters. Now I will caveat that with these are some WEIRD conversations - "What are those?" , Oh they are for a pinball machine, tick tick tick "Why are they on your mantle?" , so people will ask about them and I can see where the conversation goes, tick tick tick tick "What pinball machine?" , Predator which is not here yet, "So you thought it would be a good idea to display bloody human skull and spine trophies on your mantle for your kids to see?" , yup , or my all time favorite 'You Don't?'

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Get a plant hook, put it in your ceiling at a window (preferably with a street view,) and hang them there. Halloween decorations are done

...AND, you won't get robbed!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

'You Don't?'

Any time someone looks at us like we're stupid and says something like "You have 8 pinball machines?" or "You have a home theater?"... husband and I answer with a similar look and say "Do you not?" a 'la Archer. It's one of my favorite things really.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

No surprise Kevin did not receive it then

Tell me about it. Auto correct on my phone is driving me nuts.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Any time someone looks at us like we're stupid and says something like "You have 8 pinball machines?" or "You have a home theater?"... husband and I answer with a similar look and say "Do you not?" a 'la Archer. It's one of my favorite things really.

Love Archer. Wish one of the companies would make it.

#84 9 years ago

"You have 8 pinball machines?" or "You have a home theater?"

I want to go to there...

#85 9 years ago

Those look like bad ass games for $4750!!!

1 week later
#86 9 years ago

Was told this morning mine is #27.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

Was told this morning mine is #27.

Nice one mate

#88 9 years ago

Thanks Jdfitzy. Glad it's not shipping right now though as I am too busy building my new home theatre room and my time is limited.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-stand-on-your-predator-pre-order/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.