You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Old-Newspapers-Collected-Clutter_(resized).jpg
IMG_0153_(resized).JPG
20160312_094926_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Last week I drove down to MD to meet mbob to trade my TSPP for his POTC. It was one of the most pleasant pinball deals I've ever had. He was fantastic and thorough with his communication and representation of the machine. He agreed to meet up halfway since we were over 7hrs away from each other. We arrived within 10 minutes of each other and he had his system of swapping pins down! I enjoyed talking with him and would've stayed longer but his poor wife was held hostage in the car. Deal with confidence when it comes to mbob!
I get the game set up a few days later in the basement and begin to enjoy the beauty of another amazing Dennis Nordman game. I played 2 or 3 games and went to bed with a jokers smile on my face. The next day I started a game just as the wife started dinner, always a poor decision! I begin to have an epic game as she keeps calling down to me that she's almost done. I beat Davey and Heart MB and completed the compass! I start yelling up to her to get down here and witness four winds multiball! She takes 3 steps downstairs and the game tilts killing the last ball! WTF!!!! I angrily put up my initials swearing that I never even touched her! Well turns out it wasn't the wife's presence or my excitement at having reached 4W multiball, it was the damn manual that I placed right on top of the coinbox the night before when we finished setting her up. The F'er slid off the handle of the coinbox and rammed right into the tilt bob ending my chance at glory!
Ordinarily I place the manual just past the coinbox and before the speaker so I can still reach it without having to open up the game. mbob added a few goodies when modding her and one of them was a flipper fidelity speaker kit with a huge speaker just past the coinbox. I guess I'm going to have to open up the game to get to the manual on this one. Just wondering if others keep their manuals in a file cabinet or pinball library. I'm sure I would lose track if they weren't in the game. Sorry for knocking you off the throne mbob.20160312_094926_(resized).jpg20160312_094926_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

I keep mine in 3 ring binders in a cabinet along with the operator handbook. I keep them by system (ie. 6,7,9 DMD, Stern) Then when I'm getting ready to go to a show and taking games, I get out the binder and take the manual for each game in case I need it at the show. I have a 3 ring binder that I take with me to shows with all the manuals and handbooks for games I have with me.

Phoebe

#3 8 years ago

I keep mine in 3 ring binders in a cabinet along with the operator handbook and any other documents which pertain to the game. I have a shelf in my Shop where these are kept.

#4 8 years ago

I keep them stapled where they are from factory. I hate to rip them off.

#5 8 years ago

I keep them on my tablet and put the originals in storage.

#6 8 years ago

Wow you guys are really organized. I guess I better get my Sh%& together and get a 3 ring binder! Thanks for the idea.

#7 8 years ago

PDFs in Dropbox so always have them. Paper versions in binders on the shelf.

#8 8 years ago

For games that are stored away, I put a box of anything related to that game on top of that game (game-specific parts, keys, manual, paperwork, instruction cards, etc), and then label the box with the game name.

For games that I plan on starting to restore soon, I keep them with my parts catalogs so I can flip through them if I need to reference part numbers or whatnot when ordering parts in advance. I usually keep a running list, so when I need to place an order with a particular vendor, I get a batch of things to help save on shipping, rather than just get one tiny little part.

For games I'm in the process of restoring, the manuals tend to migrate between the game, work area, or near my computer.

For games that are done and set up, the manual lives inside the game.

For digital copies, I have a folder for manuals, with sub folders for each manufacturer.

#9 8 years ago

All of them are filed away for save keeping in the shop. This is a old photo, I'm actually filling a second file cabinet now as well.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0153_(resized).JPGIMG_0153_(resized).JPG

#10 8 years ago

PDF's for everything... searchable if the scan is clean enough.

Print is dead .... Egon Spengler
faz

#11 8 years ago

I happen to like / prefer my manual in the games... because I'd NEVER remember to pull the manuals prior to a TPF run.
I *SO* want to create a custom coinbox which the manuals fit under neatly - but alas - not something I've done.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

I keep them stapled where they are from factory. I hate to rip them off.

I second that.
I have never had the heart to remove it.
If I need to read it, I look at the pdf online.

#13 8 years ago

here...

Old-Newspapers-Collected-Clutter_(resized).jpgOld-Newspapers-Collected-Clutter_(resized).jpg

#14 8 years ago

i keep them in the game as well, and I had a similar experience with my SFII in an epic game and the manual shifted and caused a tilt. I was like "there is no way I tilted!!" and since it had shifted into the bob it wouldn't stop tilting so i figured it out right away.

#15 8 years ago

Everything in it's pile huh.... Stacks a lot better but harder to find that tunafish sandwich (while it's still fresh anyway).

faz

#16 8 years ago

Either on the playfield or a table along side since it seems that I'm always working on them.
Normally I just stick them inside the coin door area.

#17 8 years ago

No wonder you have so much trouble repairing your pins.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

here...

Old-Newspapers-Collected-Clutter_(resized).jpg

There might be a pin under there.

#19 8 years ago

In the cab covered with solder

#20 8 years ago

Manuals. Manuals? Who keeps manuals? I throw them out first thing and if I ever have a problem I just ask Loyd.

#21 8 years ago

Under the bathroom sink. Close proximity to toilet.

#22 8 years ago

i keep them in the cabinet so I can always find them. I keep all of the parts in there too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-keep-the-manual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.