(Topic ID: 82615)

Where do you keep all your pinball keys?

By Buckman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mojosan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atari Keyholder.jpg
    key box.jpg
    003.JPG
    001.JPG
    Pin-Keys.JPG
    williams key holder.jpg
    Startgate Keychain.JPG
    TZ Keychain.JPG
    WPT Keychain.JPG
    I500 Keychain.JPG
    ACDC Keychain.JPG
    Tommy Keychain.JPG
    Tron Keychain.JPG
    142.JPG
    6174322500_f8d94cc611_z.jpg
    image-520.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Inside of RoboCup of course.

DSC00600.JPGDSC00600.JPG

#52 10 years ago

I've got mine in a converted First Aid Kit box that I put on the wall. (Look to the left of Spiderman.) It is decorated to match the Space Invaders wall to the left, and has the Command hooks inside it to hold the keys. Each pin has its own matching keychain. I used to leave them in the locks, but my 1 year old niece has learned to walk and is already pushing flashing buttons, so they're up for safety now.

image-520.jpgimage-520.jpg
    #53 10 years ago

I put the keyfobs on mine that match the game and keep them on hooks in my work room in the basement.

On the subject of keyfobs, I need one for Jackbot, The Getaway, and The shadow if anyone out there has any for sale.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I've got mine in a converted First Aid Kit box that I put on the wall. (Look to the left of spiderman.) It is decorated to match the Space Invaders wall to the left, and has the Command hooks inside it to hold the keys. Each pin has its own matching keychain. I used to leave them in the locks, but my 1 year old niece has learned to walk and is already pushing flashing buttons, so they're up for safety now.

image-520.jpg 184 KB

Except the the stargate coindoor key thats hanging in the lock. Hehehe
    I like that idea though. Cheap plastic box decorated to match the theme. And up out of the reach of little fingers.

Good idea!

#55 10 years ago

That's an old pic, because my Stargate keychain isn't on it and the sub isn't hooked up. I liked having the matching keychains showing, but my NGG key likes to rotate and open the coin door while I'm playing just to screw with me. There's also a remote control in the box to turn on the pins in the main room, which was the point of the box to begin with... remote holder. Luckily it easy converted to key holder too.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from z28dan:

I used to have 50 locks keyed alike for my games. I have been buying and selling pins, bowlers,arcades and jukeboxes for the past 15 years or so. I would end up installing one here and there for customers or left one in because I didn't have a different lock to replace. only have 15 or so left.
    key in the locks worked for a while until body nudging by guests or bumping against them with their butt broke them off.
    I now prefer the handle, no real reason at my house to lock them.

I really like the look of the nickel handle, as well (no little hands to worry about at my place)...gives a "finished" look to the Coindoor, and keys sticking out of the locks used to make me paranoid about breaking/ bending, etc.

#57 10 years ago

I have mine hanging on the wall for each game. Looking back I should have just tried to buy the same lock cylinder # for all my games and just leave the head keys inside the coin door.

6174322500_f8d94cc611_z.jpg6174322500_f8d94cc611_z.jpg

#58 10 years ago

I figure if someone breaks into my house (and gets past the ADT, or me (w/ my mossberg if I'm home) they would probably just smash, not steal them....hopefully my insurance would cover most of it......

#59 10 years ago

My niece made this up for us years ago, and i still have it hanging. Even though she mis-spelled the gamerooms name, it still hangs as most dont notice the spelling error.

142.JPG142.JPG
    #60 10 years ago

I keep all of my keys hanging on the coin doors. To me, the keychains are an extension of the game's theme and artwork ...

Tron Keychain.JPGTron Keychain.JPG Tommy Keychain.JPGTommy Keychain.JPG ACDC Keychain.JPGACDC Keychain.JPG I500 Keychain.JPGI500 Keychain.JPG WPT Keychain.JPGWPT Keychain.JPG TZ Keychain.JPGTZ Keychain.JPG Startgate Keychain.JPGStartgate Keychain.JPG
    #61 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

That's an old pic, because my Stargate keychain isn't on it and the sub isn't hooked up. I liked having the matching keychains showing, but my NGG key likes to rotate and open the coin door while I'm playing just to screw with me. There's also a remote control in the box to turn on the pins in the main room, which was the point of the box to begin with... remote holder. Luckily it easy converted to key holder too.

Very creative!

#62 10 years ago

This is mine -

williams key holder.jpgwilliams key holder.jpg
    #64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Not in plane site but I have trust issues. In case of a break in I want them to get plenty of camera time while Fing with the locks. Unless of course they make the mistake of stealing from me when I am home.

You must live very close to a gold's gym if you're worried about criminals deciding to steal your 300lb games.

#65 10 years ago

Here is mine (one key was on the machine )

Pin-Keys.JPGPin-Keys.JPG
    #66 10 years ago

Sometimes in the door but thats really not good. I have had a few get bent. So I now stamp the name of the game into each key and throw the spare sets in a box behind the bar. The primary set simply hangs below the front leg of the game on little hooks in the bottom of the cab.
    The only downside is that sometime my cat gets frisky and knocks them off the hook, but they never go far. 003.JPG003.JPG001.JPG001.JPG

#67 10 years ago

I keep all my keys in a very safe and expensive lock box....

key box.jpgkey box.jpg
    #68 10 years ago

Hanging from lock, just like most people.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I keep all of my keys hanging on the coin doors. To me, the keychains are an extension of the game's theme and artwork ...

Agree... Alot of my keychains are hand picked, and some have stayed after the games sale. But i cannot leave them in the doors.... young children, big dog..... ill hang them where they can be found and not broken off in the barrel.

Love the detailed pics, maybe ill snap another pic of mine.

#71 10 years ago

:
    Atari Keyholder.jpgAtari Keyholder.jpg

#72 10 years ago

I keep mine on my key chain next to my house key. All keyed alike

#73 10 years ago

I have magnet hooks that I put at the top of the back leg facing inside up against the top of the undercab. Quick, easy and convenient to get to. Plus you can't lose them or get them mixed up with other machines that way. Here's a link to the ones I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-Magnetic-Hooks-LER2698/dp/B001G52NMQ/ref=sr_1_3

Check this one out. He's pretty cool. Head looks like a blackpinball too. Not sure how well the magnet holds though.

http://www.amazon.com/Pete-Strong-Magnetic-Holder-Magnet/dp/B00461LVI4/ref=sr_1_15

#74 10 years ago

In a closet outside the pin room

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-keep-all-your-pinball-keys/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.