Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

showroom2.jpg
    DSC03328.jpg
    DSC03313.jpg
    Wolfy-dude_s_Gameroom.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom__.jpg
    Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom_.jpg
    Brian_s_Gameroom.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Just wondering, if there are places in your hometown with pinball machines (laundromats, bowling alleys, etc.) where do you go to play? I know of a couple of coin laundry places that aren't too far off the edge of where I live.

#2 12 years ago

Movie theater.

#3 12 years ago

There is a decent playing FT in a bowling alley about 15 minutes from me. There is also a miniature golf course not too far away that has a Doctor Dude, AFM, ToM and WCS. Other than those, there aren't many pins on location near me that I can think of. Even if you do find some, they are generally in poor condition. The two closest pins to me are a Corvette and an AP. Both of them are trashed.

#4 12 years ago

the boardroom in jackson wy. skate shop with a pin.

#5 12 years ago

Our local theater does have a Ripley's Believe it or Not, but of course last time I was there it wasn't working. I don't really ever expect it to, but it would be neat to play a couple of games after a movie.

#6 12 years ago

No Pin's around here except for a Bowl-n Alley in W.Salem thet have a Jack-up Wore out Elvis..

I go to my Friend's Gameroom's.. Or I just Hang-out in my own.. I get New Title's Pretty

Quick .. I do go to Techno's .. Old School Pin's except for HS and Fire.. Pretty Cool.. I Love competition...

Brian_s_Gameroom.jpgBrian_s_Gameroom.jpg Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom_.jpgRad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom_.jpg Rad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom__.jpgRad_and_Lori_s_Gameroom__.jpg Wolfy-dude_s_Gameroom.jpgWolfy-dude_s_Gameroom.jpg

#7 12 years ago

My buddies store has 3 pins (mine). There is a laundry mat with a WPT game, but that game is in bad shape, and the game itself sucks moose turds. That's about it for pins. The bowling alleys have video games, but no pins.

#8 12 years ago

We have a great place in downtown Houston called Joystix. They're one of the places hosting a Tron launch party Friday. http://www.joystixamusements.com/

I work downtown, so I go by there over lunch sometimes and play the latest (Avatar, Rolling Stones). It's where I bought my Flash and High Speed. The owner Charlie is a great guy - loves to talk games - pinball repair, etc. DSC03313.jpgDSC03313.jpg

#9 12 years ago

Movie theaters and bowling alleys are pretty much the only places around here.

#10 12 years ago

I am near SealClubber and second his theaters and bowling alley. I did find two in a laundrymat and there is one in a legion post. The best way to find them is find one machine and call the service number on it and ask where the rest of the pins are located.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

We have a great place in downtown Houston called Joystix. They're one of the places hosting a Tron launch party Friday. http://www.joystixamusements.com/
    I work downtown, so I go by there over lunch sometimes and play the latest (Avatar, Rolling Stones). It's where I bought my Flash and High Speed. The owner Charlie is a great guy - loves to talk games - pinball repair, etc.

That's Awesome.... I should open up a Gameroom in my area.. God know's I can get 'em !!

And I KNOW Alot of People who would to come and Play.. I live in a Dry-County ,,, that Might Hurt,, Hmmmm... A Dream I Guess !!!

#12 12 years ago

Hey BR..I can hook you up with my warehouse if your serious about opening a game room...50+ arcades...

#13 12 years ago

Wow, SunKing how can a place like that even stay in business?

Edit: Here's a good one: Stuck ball + stiff tilt sensor = ???
    Profit?

#14 12 years ago

Wow, SunKing how can a place like that even stay in business?

He must be doing something right. He's been in business since 1987. I think he got some help from his dad who was big into real estate. He owns the entire block, plus the parking lot across the street. On the corner, he has a full service bar (see pic below). This is right across the street from Minute Made Stadium (home of the Houston Astros). He doesn't make $$ from people playing the machines - all of them are on free play. He does ask a premium for his machines (I bought Flash for $1,400 and High Speed for $2,250 - both in excellent condition). He also has a 'pac-man fever' night twice a month - $15 admission and all games are on free play. He encourages folks to get drinks at this bar and bring them in while they play. He has tournaments, etc. ...no, I don't work for him - though he should probably give me some kind of kick-back for all the advertising I've done for him.

DSC03328.jpgDSC03328.jpg showroom2.jpgshowroom2.jpg

#15 12 years ago

One way I used to go about it was google maps. It used to be possible to create your own map and then it would be searchable by others. Google made it harder to locate the user-created map search function and it now appears they have removed it altogether.

That's really too bad because when I started the bay area pinball map I learned of a lot of locations via other user-created maps that were either smaller efforts or had been abandoned.

You can still create your own google map but it's up to you to spread the word about it.

Outside of that, I second the idea of contacting the local amusement company. Get the number off their card on a game and ask them where their other locations are. It's also a great way to establish a raport with the Op so you can let them know when a machine is having problems.

Movie theaters are a good bet for pinball. Bowling alleys are also good. Bars tend to have the most pinball but there are also a lot of bars out there so it's still tough going.

Go on Yelp and search for pinball. If someone has mentioned pinball in a review the location should come up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-hunt-to-play-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.