Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hawkmoon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    200.gif
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I think 6gs range is max for me,how about you?

#4 8 years ago

I would drop whatever was necessary if it was one I just had to have

#5 8 years ago

4k is my max.

#6 8 years ago

There are very few that i would pay over $4,000 for...

#7 8 years ago

Most I've paid for a game was $7200 (METLE). I'd like to keep that as my max.

#8 8 years ago

Best game ever

Quoted from Aurich:Most I've paid for a game was $7200 (METLE). I'd like to keep that as my max.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

I would drop whatever was necessary if it was one I just had to have

Boom. This.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

4k is my max.

Says the man paying strange women to advertise on their breasts.

#11 8 years ago

Depends on how much money you have to burn and what shows up for sale at the time.

200.gif200.gif

#12 8 years ago

Under normal circumstances I'd say $6k, but I wouldn't say "no" if someone offered me an MMR for $6500, or a nice Cactus Canyon for $7k, or a HEP IJ for $8k, or a Big Bang Bar for $10k, or a Krull for $12k. Dang it! I guess my limit is at least $12k.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Most I've paid for a game was $7200 (METLE). I'd like to keep that as my max.

This is also my peak price no matter the game, dream theme, collectibllity, prototype, etc.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Says the man paying strange women to advertise on their breasts.

That was a business expense!!

#15 8 years ago

See, this is where the madness sets in. Krull is cool, and the lenticular lower playfield is a nice gimmick, but it's not like it's really that great of a game. Fun for a little bit, but no real long lasting gameplay. That's collector status there, you're not paying for the gameplay, just the rarity.

#16 8 years ago

I always think the last pinball I bought was my max, but then the next one comes up and the desire is too strong...

#17 8 years ago

So far I have bought my two machines with "Money I don't have" money. It's money that I've picked up along the way. Christmas money, years of loose change, yard sale, $20 for helping a friend move, etc. Bought my first pin with that money. Fixed it up. Sold it it for more, then bought my JP with that sale money plus a few extra hundred from my "money I don't have" stash.

That's my limit. But now that the bug has bit me pretty hard, I may actually start saving specifically for another pinball machine. New motorcycle, new pinball. New motorcycle, new pinball.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

New motorcycle, new pinball. New motorcycle, new pinball.

Can't die while playing pinball, and the rush is the same! plus chicks dig pinball way more than Bikes. wait....It's possible I have that mixed up.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

plus chicks dig pinball way more than Bikes. wait....It's possible I have that mixed up.

Before I got my JP, I was telling my friend about getting it. He tried to talk me out of it, and into the motorcycle. His quote, "Which one will get you laid?" My response, "Neither of them are currently working right now."

#20 8 years ago

6k. I've pretty much got my total pinball allotment already spent at this point. I won't be putting very much into it from here on out without selling something to buy something.

#21 8 years ago

I remember when I said I wouldn't pay over $500 for a pinball...

I remember when I said I wouldn't pay over $1000 for a pinball....

I remember when I said I wouldn't pay over $2000 for a pinball.....

Rinse and repeat.... I now own a KISS LE.

#22 8 years ago

I always use a pencil when drawing a "how much will I spend on a pinball?" line ...

But, if you need a number - $6k is a pretty solid line.

#23 8 years ago

Right now mine is about 1,000. Guess I'm not as fortunate as some. Can't spend what you don't have. Just makes the search more fun.

#24 8 years ago

Mine line keeps disappearing along with my will power.

#25 8 years ago

$7500 is my max, for now. I say that, is it depends on my net worth going forward. 10 years ago, it wouldn't have been more than $4500. Now I am in a better position, it's gone up. (And so have the prices).

#26 8 years ago

Was going to buy one for 1700 and the deal fell through. (Seller sold it out from under me, was driving down to pick it up the next day) Felt kind of guilty that I was about to spend that much too so i guess that's my breaking point.

#27 8 years ago

What's the most expensive title? then that's it and not a penny more!!!but have to feel like I got a deal even if I didn't

#28 8 years ago

4500 nib stern.....5k and under for a must have classic....and I think that's even crazy high coming from my depressed region of the country. In fact if I told my friends they'd think I was secretly rich....or just plain nuts.

#29 8 years ago

Haha can't tell non pin heads what u spend, I told one of my bros and he thought I was crazy

Quoted from tp:4500 nib stern.....5k and under for a must have classic....and I think that's even crazy high coming from my depressed region of the country. In fact if I told my friends they'd think I was secretly rich....or just plain nuts.

#30 8 years ago

I'd probably got up to 5-6k for a NIB, the problem is a NIB is more like 8-9k here now!

#31 8 years ago

I don't draw the line, my wife does!

#32 8 years ago

There's a line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

#34 8 years ago

I keep drawing the line and then step over it...we all do and that is why prices will continue to rise as the demand is still there.
    LE will be over 13K here in Australia and that might slow up a few. I won't/can't afford that so will have to wait on someone else to take the loss as we all do when we go to sell later. To buy a newer title in the future.

#35 8 years ago

$7500 shipped, but that game better be awesome...oops, I bought MMr so $8k I guess. That was a one-off.

#36 8 years ago

My addiction is so bad that I eventually kept raising that bar. I remember telling the wife when I first started that I wouldn't spend over a thousand for one! Now I'd consider selling off the furniture if the right deal pops up.

#37 8 years ago

Hahaha

Quoted from Crispin:My addiction is so bad that I eventually kept raising that bar. I remember telling the wife when I first started that I wouldn't spend over a thousand for one! Now I'd consider selling off the furniture if the right deal pops up.

#38 8 years ago

No more than $5K for me. I'll never own a LE or a premium I guess.

#39 8 years ago

Mine used to be 2,000 then 2,500 then 5,500 then 9,000. I wish I could go back to 2,000, but then it's always another grand to make them right anyways. At least they are still there the next day unlike other addictions where you have nothing the next day.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No more than $5K for me. I'll never own a LE or a premium I guess.

You can get a TFLE!

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You can get a TFLE!

I played this game in wildwood and actually liked it alot. The purple version. Sat in a pretty good lineup and garnered most of my attention.

#42 8 years ago

My current max is 350 bucks... but I probably have 500 ++ into each restore (ya need stuff ya know)... so about 1K.

I like restoring them, but life gets in the way and I can see that my max will probably have to go up soon so as to get a game I don't need to spend countless hours working on to make it great.... current collection is 4 and I suppose this was a rational way to start but its a disease.

STOP NOW.

Don't buy another PIN.

THEY MULTIPLY

And worse yet... pretty soon your looking at bubble hockey, or an arcade, or remodeling to make room (yeah- its all 3 for me) because having 4 or more pinball games kinda demands a game room and what kinda game room has only pinball in it?

#43 8 years ago

I might be the wrong person to ask since I overpaid for an IJ, then turned around and sent it to HEP.

#44 8 years ago

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quoted from beelzeboob:I might be the wrong person to ask since I overpaid for an IJ, then turned around and sent it to HEP.

#45 8 years ago

I hit it on WOZ, not coming close to doing it again.

#46 8 years ago

No lines. Thankfully, there aren't that many that I really want that are crazy expensive. Fathom, Spirit, Star Light and Defender might cost me a bit though!

#47 8 years ago

Woz was my most costly too, but I remember buying a used MM for $4000 and thinking that was a ton for 1 pin - now who knows - maybe $10k by Christmas

#48 8 years ago

5K NIB

#49 8 years ago

and what kinda game room has only pinball in it?

A flippin' good one!

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-draw-the-line-on-how-much-you-will-spend-on-a-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.