(Topic ID: 310050)

Where do you buy arcade games? Do they hold value?

By SantaEatsCheese

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by purbeast
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

duty_calls (resized).png
    01CDBCB4-71AC-4B25-BB6F-5E81360FA24B (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220314-105014_Chrome (resized).jpg
    827EC5B2-72DC-4D07-9FDB-1E2D3BE28901 (resized).png
    20220309_161634 (resized).jpg
    20220313_193849 (resized).jpg
    0DDDFFC0-C3C5-4596-AED2-6CA9E0A0AD21 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6326 (resized).jpg
    lineup (resized).jpg
    6C6AB312-DA2F-47B1-8D05-208549DFF3EA (resized).jpeg
    hotd (resized).jpg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Also too many people who think games that look good in original condition need to be fully restored. No appreciation for patina. It's also what irks me about the pinball community

I was looking for a few older arcade games at one point. one thing I noticed is there is a lot more variance on what people do to "restore" those games. Seems a lot more like, whatever you have in your garage. I had to really look at what the original game was, if you don't you wind up with a street fighter in a golden tee cabinet with a wooden control panel and a retro pi. I don't have any recollection of 80's-90's arcades though, everything was redemption around me in the 90's.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I was looking for a few older arcade games at one point. one thing I noticed is there is a lot more variance on what people do to "restore" those games. Seems a lot more like, whatever you have in your garage. I had to really look at what the original game was, if you don't you wind up with a street fighter in a golden tee cabinet with a wooden control panel and a retro pi. I don't have any recollection of 80's-90's arcades though, everything was redemption around me in the 90's.

Well... I just bought a Asteroids Delux arcade 1up converted to a Simpsons 4 player with new art and a retro pi on a home-made riser so... yeah... It's awesome though.

Dude tired to sell me on a Rapidfire gun game in a Virtuacop cabinet with house of the dead 2 art... That one was a bridge to far though.

#53 2 years ago

I’m looking for the coin box for an Atari Millipede cocktail.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’m looking for the coin box for an Atari Millipede cocktail.

Maybe this? It's out of an Asteroids cocktail but that's the same era of game.
    ebay.com link: itm

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Maybe this? It's out of an Asteroids cocktail but that's the same era of game.
    ebay.com link: itm

Thank you!
    I’m looking for the front door that goes to that part

0DDDFFC0-C3C5-4596-AED2-6CA9E0A0AD21 (resized).jpeg0DDDFFC0-C3C5-4596-AED2-6CA9E0A0AD21 (resized).jpeg
    #56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Thank you!
    I’m looking for the front door that goes to that part
    [quoted image]

Might wanna head over to KLOV and make a WTB ad
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/forums/trading-videogame-wanted.12/

#57 2 years ago

I picked up a 4 player pi based 1up for the kids and they are loving being able to do the beat em ups as a family.

One of trade offers for my Stars currently in the marketplace is a great condition area51/maximum force combo. Wondering how much replay value there would be in something like that. Could also throw other boards in down the line.

Found one like it at a barcade inboston on a work trip and trying it out. It is a fun game. The only gun games I thin are better are the time crises games and virtuacop. Still partial to Lethal enforcers.

20220309_161634 (resized).jpg20220309_161634 (resized).jpg20220313_193849 (resized).jpg20220313_193849 (resized).jpg
    #58 2 years ago

Yes, I finally broke down and donated $20 so I could buy there.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I picked up a 4 player pi based 1up for the kids and they are loving being able to do the beat em ups as a family.
    One of trade offers for my Stars currently in the marketplace is a great condition area51/maximum force combo. Wondering how much replay value there would be in something like that. Could also throw other boards in down the line.
    Found one like it at a barcade inboston on a work trip and trying it out. It is a fun game. The only gun games I thin are better are the time crises games and virtuacop. Still partial to Lethal enforcers.[quoted image][quoted image]

I used to have one and it got old fast. Once you can play it anytime for free, you can memorize your way (or just keep using continues) to blow through the game in under a half hour. Not much resale value on them either...not a particularly hard to find title. Its fun, but much less so at home, especially if you're playing alone.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Yes, I finally broke down and donated $20 so I could buy there.

Ouch that's what they charge? Sorry to hear, I dont remember it being that much back when I signed up.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Ouch that's what they charge? Sorry to hear, I dont remember it being that much back when I signed up.

I don't think it costs anything to join KLOV...

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I think you can join for free but your account is in a limited state until you donate

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

I think you can join for free but your account is in a limited state until you donate

Interesting, maybe since I joined years ago they changed it. I've never donated and don't think I'm restricted from anything there.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

It’s a volunteer amount. I figured I’ll be on there long enough to get everything I need to fix the machine up.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

It’s free to join. They won’t allow you to contact or buy unless you donate.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It’s free to join. They won’t allow you to contact or buy unless you donate.

Where do you see that? I was able to send a PM last week.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Where do you see that? I was able to send a PM last week.

Read the very top line!

827EC5B2-72DC-4D07-9FDB-1E2D3BE28901 (resized).png827EC5B2-72DC-4D07-9FDB-1E2D3BE28901 (resized).png
    #68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Read the very top line!
    [quoted image]

Yes...keep reading Can donate a dollar, or get verified by another member...nothing in your screenshot talks about having to pay to buy or send a PM...what am I missing? Been on KLOV for a decade and I have never ran into what you are talking about.

Screenshot_20220314-105014_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-105014_Chrome (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago

I don’t know any other members well enough to get them to verify me. Second I normally pay to play if I’m being serious about a hobby. Free is okay for some people. I’ve paid to be here I’ll pay to be there.

Quoted from grantopia:

Yes...keep reading Can donate a dollar, or get verified by another member...nothing in your screenshot talks about having to pay to buy or send a PM...what am I missing? Been on KLOV for a decade and I have never ran into what you are talking about.
    [quoted image]

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I don’t know any other members well enough to get them to verify me. Second I normally pay to play if I’m being serious about a hobby. Free is okay for some people. I’ve paid to be here I’ll pay to be there.

I mean you could ask someone. I'd do it!

And that's fine if you personally pay, but your post about having to pay to buy or PM isn't accurate.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I mean you could ask someone. I'd do it!
    And that's fine if you personally pay, but your post about having to pay to buy or PM isn't accurate.

It’s very accurate! I’m not a leach on society. Begging people for verification to save a dollar! You haven’t even paid to be here! If it were for me and people like me you would not have these sires! Next time you are bored, work on your pins or arcades don’t bug me!

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It’s very accurate! I’m not a leach on society. Begging people for verification to save a dollar! You haven’t even paid to be here! If it were for me and people like me you would not have these sires! Next time you are bored, work on your pins or arcades don’t bug me!

Ha easy there big spender. Sorry correcting your bad information is "bugging" you. I've paid plenty of pinside sales fees so I sleep just fine at night. It's literally not accurate to say you need to pay to buy or PM on KLOV, you don't. I know you have garnered alot of wisdom from your 365 days in this hobby, but at least learn to admit when you're wrong and not keep making new people have a bad reputation.

Next time you think about making stuff up and bragging about your 20 dollars just work on your games instead .

#73 2 years ago

I just got done telling someone else to ignore the trouble makers and here I am arguing with you!

Quoted from grantopia:

Ha easy there big spender. Sorry correcting your bad information is "bugging" you. I've paid plenty of pinside sales fees so I sleep just fine at night. It's literally not accurate to say you need to pay to buy or PM on KLOV, you don't. I know you have garnered alot of wisdom from your 365 days in this hobby, but at least learn to admit when you're wrong and not keep making new people have a bad reputation.
    Next time you think about making stuff up and bragging about your 20 dollars just work on your games instead .

Quoted from grantopia:

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I just got done telling someone else to ignore the trouble makers and here I am arguing with you!

Thank god, otherwise someone may have read your post and assumed they had to pay 20 dollars to use KLOV. You aren't really arguing with me as much as doubling down on objectively false information, but you are the guy with the fat wallet, so I suppose I should respect that.

#75 2 years ago

Are all newbies this crazy when they're wrong? My God this hobby attracts some weirdos.

[Image removed]

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Are all newbies this crazy when they're wrong? My God this hobby attracts some weirdos.
    [quoted image]

01CDBCB4-71AC-4B25-BB6F-5E81360FA24B (resized).png01CDBCB4-71AC-4B25-BB6F-5E81360FA24B (resized).png
    #77 2 years ago

You are WRONG!

#78 2 years ago

Until a new forum member has been validated, they
    can only post in a special forum area and then their
    posts are only seen by mods and admins.

#79 2 years ago
    duty_calls (resized).pngduty_calls (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #80 2 years ago

Still haven’t found my Millipede coin box. I’m going to have it manufactured for me. Depending on the cost I might get a few made.

1 year later
    #81 10 months ago

Looking for a killer instinct arcade…..revisiting this thread…..

#82 10 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Looking for a killer instinct arcade…..revisiting this thread…..

If you have someone who can repair boards, I have a busted KI1 (and KI2) board that I'm selling.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-you-buy-arcade-games-maryland-do-they-hold-value/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.