Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

When i took my game apart I put all of the screws into a few different compartment boxes and labeled them based on section they came from (Under playfield, top playfield, backbox, cabinet body). In my under playfield box I have noticed I have a few fatter versions of the common hex head screws and cant remember where they hell they go. The look like the ones in the pic below they just have very fat threads

pasted_image (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

pics of under the playfield ?

only a speculation but maybe to hold "t-nuts" in place ?

#3 1 year ago

Nope the short gold ones hold down the T-nuts. These are as long as the standard one its just they have really fat threads

Quoted from chas10e:pics of under the playfield ?
only a speculation but maybe to hold "t-nuts" in place ?

#4 1 year ago

not sure if this helps, but I know certain manufactures use only the #6 screws and alot of the newer games only have #8's. Some have both like yours, guess what I'm saying is it probably doesn't really matter as long as they are the same length. .... Well that and if the wood is thick enough at that point (not like a wood rail or something that could split easily without predrilling).

If a playfield did use both, the larger ones probably go into places with lots of vibration. ie pop bumpers, trough etc.. the main concern is making sure the screw has something grab onto when you put it in. if it's still loose after tightening put some wood glue on some toothpick and break them off in the hole. smooth it out and predrill if needed.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

When i took my game apart

What game please ?

LTG : )

#6 1 year ago

Board screws?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

What game please ?
LTG : )

T2, I noticed it when I was screwing a bunch of the solenoid brackets back into the bottom of the playfield. I grabbed the screw and noticed the thick threads

#8 1 year ago

Anywhere a #8 was needed. Playfield mech, coils, end user replacing a worn out #6 hole...

#9 1 year ago

I guess i will have to see as I go because i dont have any recollection of where they came from

#10 1 year ago

u could always put the smaller ones first and if they are loose that's probably where the number 8's went.
...or it could just be a stripped 6

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

u could always put the smaller ones first and if they are loose that's probably where the number 8's went.
...or it could just be a stripped 6

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I’ll find out next weekend when I get to work on my game again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside