Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB0CC8A7-328B-4EDA-AEE4-62D1FA9DC5C8 (resized).jpeg
    20191125_203400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5737 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

This is a Bally Mystic. It is missing a rail. The correct one has a little bend near the bottom. Who sells replacements?

IMG_5737 (resized).JPGIMG_5737 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

In other news... going over the discolored parts of the playfield with Novus 2 didn't do anything. Neither did using a slightly damp rag.

Should I just put on some new wax and let it go?

Any suggestions on what to do (if anything) where the blue paint has come off at the top of the picture?

Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

You'll likely have to make it.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I have a huge bin of those. Just get me the measurement between the holes

Mike V

#5 4 years ago

It's a lost cause. Going to have to give it to me.

I also have a bag of rails, if RacingPin doesn't have one, I might.

#6 4 years ago

RacingPin
    85vett
    Thank you very much! You guys are the best. I'll get the measurement.

#7 4 years ago

Speak easy uses the same rail from memory

#8 4 years ago

That rail definitely has a slight bend in the bottom. if you get one very slightly larger that's straight you can bend it.

I was considering using a straight one there myself when I swap the PF over because the little bend while it does scoot the ball towards the pop, it kills any flow out of that area. I always wondered why they went with the slight bend (unless it's to thwart balls returning UP).

did they ever remake the bally stamped lane guides? I know that was on the wish list for years and they were looking into it but never heard anything.

#9 4 years ago

I could use some of those Bally stamped lane guides for my Supersonic as well. Hoping someone knows of a source.

#10 4 years ago

On a wallhanger, yours if you want it.

20191125_203400 (resized).jpg20191125_203400 (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

I always wondered why they went with the slight bend (unless it's to thwart balls returning UP).

On Mystic, if you nudge just right, the bend steers the ball back into the pop bumpers, which are important for getting the saucer several times. Otherwise, the ball drops right down to the inside right lane to the flipper, which is also good.

It doesn’t keep the ball from going up on Mystic.

gutz , thank you. I may already have one lined up.

#12 4 years ago

I have one that is an exact match (top) at 1.75” and one slightly bigger if want to do an additional bend.

Mike V

FB0CC8A7-328B-4EDA-AEE4-62D1FA9DC5C8 (resized).jpegFB0CC8A7-328B-4EDA-AEE4-62D1FA9DC5C8 (resized).jpeg
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

gutz , thank you.

Way to be there for a fellow pinsider.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I could use some of those Bally stamped lane guides for my Supersonic as well. Hoping someone knows of a source.

I have some used ones from a Supersonic. I'll PM you.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

On a wallhanger, yours if you want it.[quoted image]

I had to break a Washington, but its in the mail!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

I had to break a Washington, but its in the mail!

Thank you. Wishing you new high scores on your favorite machines, gutz .

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope you can get some games in while everyone else is watching football.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-i-get-this-missing-rail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.