Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tdddddd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Working on a Pinbot. About to replace machine screws on playfield but don't know which to get.

I have the reproduction of the Pinbot manual - but that will not tell me which screws are used to fasten the playfield components. Living in a country using the metric scale means I have no easy way of measuring the screws I remove. Also I can tell that it's NOT the original screws that I've taken out. So replacing is without a doubt the way to go.

Is there somewhere where I can find the detailed parts list for my Pinbot?
I know I'll be working on other projects in the future - so this is also going to be an issue in the future. So I hope there is a detailed parts catalogue for all Williams pins out there somewhere!

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from mcklit:

Is there somewhere where I can find the detailed parts list for my Pinbot?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=online-parts-books Check here.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

The parts list (aka Bill of Materials) is readily available for WPC-era Bally/Williams games on www.ipdb.org; unfortunately, no such creature seems to exist for the System 11 (and earlier) games.

As to your question, there will be two different lengths of unslotted hex-head sheet metal screws used to secure the majority of parts to the bottom of the playfield: #6x1/2" for thicker metals such as flipper assemblies, drop targets, etc., and #6x3/8" for lamp sockets having metal brackets that are screwed to the bottom of the playfield. Williams used a yellow zinc plating on the #6x3/8" variety for the WPC-era games to minimize the chance of someone using the wrong length screw (and puncturing the playfield surface). The #6x1/2" variety are also commonly used to fasten items (such as metal ball guides) to the top of the playfield.

Links:
1/2": http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=225
3/8": http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=224

Note that there *are* a few other variety of screws used; short Phillips head screws are sometimes used to mount the switch actuator wire at the end of the ball trough, and sometimes were also used to mount solder lugs under the playfield.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies!

Ok - let me try to be more specific about what I am searching for.

Yesterday I took of the left plastic that covers the left kicker and return lane. As I took it apart if found that one of the screws was broken, another was a regular screw that was just holding the dividers together but han no grab into the playfield and then I had multiple machine screws that was WAY to tight to be the originals put into the machine at day one.

So - I want to replace those with the correct sized machine screws but I dont know what they are! And even if the tight machine screws that I found in machine ARE the correct size - I have no way of measuring them as I dont have any tool to do just that. I mean - my measuring instruments are all in mm (millimeter) / cm (centimeter).

For me the figures 8-32 makes no sense. Is it 8/32 of an inch or something completely different? I can understand that 8-32 x 1-3/4" is a screw with a length of 1.75" or close to 45 mm (4.5 cm).

So in my example I was hoping to find a place where I can see the complete list of parts that goes into the left return and kicker assembly - including the correct screws. If I can get the parts list - I don't care about how to measure in mm and convert it inch (or what ever it is). Then I can simply order it from a US shop and know it will fit into the area at hand.

#5 7 years ago

You're in a bit of a tight spot. The Pinbot manual does have some parts assembly breakdowns, the BLUE Williams parts catalog (look here: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK) has more information (but unfortunately the Web link isn't working), but what you really want is a detailed assembly drawing of the playfield - and that's not available in any public form I've encountered. Obviously Williams had those since they were used to actually build the game, but I've never seen one that made it outside of the factory.

Your best bet in these cases is to post a picture of the specific area and highlight the hardware you need in the picture - usually someone can get you information from their game, or the really crazy folks with a deep knowledge of the hardware commonly used can dig that out of the parts catalog. If you have the hardware removed from the playfield include a picture alongside a ruler.

FYI, "#6-32" is an English designation for screw diameter (#6) and threads per inch (32); e.g., a #6 screw is 0.13" in diameter.

#6 7 years ago

One additional point: Williams used a thread-locking compound (LocTite is one brand) on the threads of the the machine screw posts that secure the slingshot kicker posts; this can make it very difficult to remove the screws. Heating the T-nut on the underside of the playfield where that post is threaded can make it a lot easier to remove the post.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

The parts list (aka Bill of Materials) is readily available for WPC-era Bally/Williams games on http://www.ipdb.org; unfortunately, no such creature seems to exist for the System 11 (and earlier) games.

Several System 11 BOMs are available - BBBB, Radical!, and Dr. Dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-do-i-find-detailed-parts-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.