VFW (resized).jpg
20180108_150206 (resized).jpg
20180108_145809 (resized).jpg
ADF935BA-C754-4B73-A17F-252B4910201A (resized).jpeg
20180126_144258 (resized).jpg
20180126_152203 (resized).jpg
A3B190E0-ED5C-4221-93B8-5C3EABC83FA7 (resized).jpeg
20180128_123627 (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I thought it would be cool to start a thread on where the last place you played pinball and any interesting details on the session. So where was it? What games did you play? Any achievements or exciting modes you care to share? Interesting stories to share about the games, people or place? I think you get the idea.

#2 6 years ago

I will start this off...

Last night fireball2 and mminnoch gathered at @fireball2’s place. Talk about a great space to play games which is a wherehouse converted into a awesome hangout with pinball and a music studio. mminnoch and fireball2 both have there games there. Played some games on Oh Boy before we broke out the Sac rack and headed over to some great games on Space Mission. Both games are great multiplayer’s and have some great stealing abilities in the rulesets. Tonight I was lucky and came out slightly ahead which I believed was because of the good luck petting I was giving to @fireball2’s dog Cosmo. Played some Rollergames, Genie, Black night 2000 and Eightball among others.

#3 6 years ago

Nitro pinball headquarters baby!

Conveniently located near the sumas border in abbotsford,bc.

#4 6 years ago

Last session was Pac-Man Fever at Joystix in Houston. Five hour freeplay. Only opens to the public twice a month.

Noisier and more crowded than any other place I've played, hard to get in a groove with people bumping into you etc. but for the most part the machines are in top shape. It's not an arcade, it's a sales/lease showroom that lets people play in it sometimes.

Only place I have played Dialed In! Batman 66, Stern's SW, AFMr/MMr and several other newer releases, along with some harder to find 90s machines like Cactus Canyon. They also have an original MM that plays like new. Never found the ST:TNG in there unattended, so it must play well, and a properly set up and working ST:TNG is hard to walk away from - particularly on freeplay.

#5 6 years ago

At my house with @bcrowe. Had a great time playing High Speed and Gladiators. Set records on both with 27 mil and 9.6 billion on Gladiators.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

At my house with bcrowe. Had a great time playing High Speed and Gladiators. Set records on both with 27 mil and 9.6 billion on Gladiators.

504, this is dispatch - he scored WHAT?!

No. 2 here on Pinside's HS board. Congratulations sir.

#7 6 years ago

My basement!

20180128_123627 (resized).jpg20180128_123627 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Last played at my house alone. One game of TAF; toured the mansion and got on the leaderboard with 240 million.

#9 6 years ago

Hooked on Pinballs world headquarters, about 6 foot from my work bench...now in public I played at the auction in early Jan.

#10 6 years ago

Played at Papa last night dollar games with some friends.

#11 6 years ago

Friend's detached garage game room. He has a bunch of games in there in great shape and it has a really cool atmosphere too with neon and nostalgia everywhere. I used to get over there more often, but last night was only the second time in about a year or more. He has the best playing Tron I have ever played hands down, I put up 570 million on it one of the last times I was there. Last night I was there for about 3 hours with him and another buddy. We talked and played a few 3 player games on Metallica, Star Trek, Fish Tales, etc. While I was waiting for my turn I decided to fire up a 1 player game on AFM. I've played AFM a thousand times in the past, but I hadn't really played one recently in years since the one I used to play on route got moved. It was like riding a bike though apparently. First and only game I played on it, I dropped 38 billion on it and ruled the universe.

#12 6 years ago

Thank you! jfre81

#13 6 years ago

My cold dark basement today and last weekend CP pinball. Really need to add a new place to play but haven't found the stash of Em machines in the St Louis area yet.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Really need to add a new place to play but haven't found the stash of Em machines in the St Louis area yet.

Best candidate I found, last updated about a year ago:

City Museum
750 N 16th St
St Louis, MO, 63103
Baseball (Gottlieb, 1970)
Domino (Gottlieb, 1968)
Duotron (Gottlieb, 1974)
Fun Land (Gottlieb, 1968)
Spanish Eyes (Williams, 1972)
Upper Deck (Williams, 1973)

I see a lot of more modern pins on the St. Louis map that I would love to play, but aren't around here. I have not been to STL since the height of location pinball in the 90s (I saw Ozzie Smith flip on the old Busch Stadium astroturf when I was there), but today they appear to have a solid scene from where I sit.

Houston has a one-of-a-kind experience at Joystix, if you can handle the sensory overload and aren't claustrophobic, but wild pinball is rare game down here, especially on the south side, and they're not all well looked after. I would practically live at Game Preserve in Spring if it wasn't upward of a 2-hour drive with traffic. Midwest metro areas seem to have more locations. I lived in Detroit for awhile and they have some big public collections in SE Michigan.

#15 6 years ago

I will check this out i knew they had a few games. Pinball has popped up more here lately but mostly new sterns. need to take time off from work to hit vegas phof.

#16 6 years ago

One of the titles that struck out at me while browsing STL locations was Black Hole. That appears to show up in your collection though, along with Genie, the first pinball I remember playing.

Playing BH in a cold, dark basement sounds awesome actually. No light except from the machine. That swirling translite. That Speak-and-Spell robot voice.

#17 6 years ago

I played at the Tilt Barcade in Minneapolis last week.

It was the first chance I’ve had to play Champion Pub, and had a great time! They had TNA, B66, AFM, GB, WOZ, DI, etc... but I kept going back to CP.

#18 6 years ago

Just played Spin Out, Stellar Wars and Boomerang after dinner in the basement.

#19 6 years ago

In my basement!! I love having a few pins at home, I never would have thought I be able to do that. I’ve been playing Indiana Jones TPA, The Shadow and Medieval Madness!!

A3B190E0-ED5C-4221-93B8-5C3EABC83FA7 (resized).jpegA3B190E0-ED5C-4221-93B8-5C3EABC83FA7 (resized).jpeg

#20 6 years ago

I played at a new location in South Florida called Miami Pinball. Great place has over 150 pins. Only got to play for a few hours but you need a few days in a place like that. Only in town to visit will have to plan more time next trip.

20180126_152203 (resized).jpg20180126_152203 (resized).jpg

20180126_144258 (resized).jpg20180126_144258 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

Harbor Pinball
3226 Harborview Drive Suite 8
Gig Harbor, WA 98332

Spent the day getting the space and games in order for upcoming weekly tournaments. Played Star Wars Premium with Dave, Brian and Richard. Looking forward to giving more people an opportunity to enjoy pinball in the region.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#22 6 years ago

Stopped at the 2up this afternoon. Played Goldeneye and Scared Stiff for the first time in years. Not sure when they added those but really enjoyed them since I could hear the games today. Played GOTG for the first time and found it funny that it sat next to MOPLE. It was fun and I enjoyed that it felt different from MET. I used my early days sparky all day strategy and it worked for a free game. Also hit the classic Williams Arcade row and decided I need a Moon Patrol.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I played at a new location in South Florida called Miami Pinball. Great place has over 150 pins. Only got to play for a few hours but you need a few days in a place like that. Only in town to visit will have to plan more time next trip.

We were there last month. That place is awesome!

#24 6 years ago

Raycade, market St Akron Ohio. About 10 mins ago. Got knocked out pretty quick tonight. :/
https://matchplay.events/live/z28yj/standings

#25 6 years ago

In my garage last night with Jack.

#26 6 years ago

Crabtowne USA outside Baltimore. We were there for a WWE show and just hanging around, and hit thatplace before heading home. Played Stern Star Wars (which still did not click for me), and Bally KISS And Stern KISS, both of which I loved (that was a first). Had a good game on a very beat up TZ

#27 6 years ago

My daughter cheers for the undefeated county champs so during the "non-winners" game I snuck over to the bowling alley and played some KISS. Starting to really like this machine. When I walked in a deep Motorhead cut was playin. There is hope.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My daughter cheers for the undefeated county champs so during the "non-winners" game I snuck over to the bowling alley and played some KISS. Starting to really like this machine. When I walked in a deep Motorhead cut was playin. There is hope.

Now there’s a pin I can get into! What song?

#29 6 years ago

Just walked in from my garage after I wrapped up putting Comet LED in this...one more game feeling? Sure is when trying to get to Neptune!

ADF935BA-C754-4B73-A17F-252B4910201A (resized).jpegADF935BA-C754-4B73-A17F-252B4910201A (resized).jpeg

#30 6 years ago

Played at NY, NY in Vegas last night then today played TWD in my game room at home. TWD slot in Vegas was not so kind!!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

one more game feeling? Sure is when trying to get to Neptune!

Those merciless outlanes! PIN*BOT can be a cruel one for sure. It'll teach you either how to nudge, or how to enjoy a short game of pinball.

#32 6 years ago

Lord Of The Rings a few hours ago in my basement. Unfortunately it went poorly. I wasn't able to hit the shots and played poorly, so I gave up. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

#33 6 years ago

Does 2 weeks ago at Stern count?

20180108_145809 (resized).jpg20180108_145809 (resized).jpg

20180108_150206 (resized).jpg20180108_150206 (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago

My basement with my 5 year old son. He can't get enough of our newly acquired Avengers LE Hulk.

#35 6 years ago

My basement, just played Pin-Bot and Laser Cue.

#36 6 years ago

Getting to play at stern would be cool. I would expect the machines to be the best setup stuff around. Having broken games at a pinball builder would not be right.

#37 6 years ago

In the basement. Split-flipper with my 3-year-old son on a Creature from the Black Lagoon missing its DMD. Needless to say, we focused on spelling FILM and getting to multiball, rather than scores

Highlight: I play right flipper, he plays left. I told him where to shoot to get the M. He has the ball cradled on the left flipper, aims, shoots and ... misses horribly. The ball bounces around out of control for a second or two, then on the ball's first return to the left flipper he does a perfect drop-catch and whacks the ball into the slide for the M. Blind luck? Hell yeah, but it was still an absolutely fantastic moment

#38 6 years ago

IN my back room,playing my B66 LE and scoring 250mil for Joker!

#39 6 years ago

My basement on Saturday night with Mrs. Moore. We played Knockout, White Water, Metallica and Goldeneye.

#40 6 years ago

Yesterday afternoon at Portal Pinball, which is a fantastic new arcade located just outside of Atlanta that was opened up recently by a fellow Pinsider.

Played Dialed In, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Tron, Walking Dead, Metallica and a bunch of others. It was awesome having all those games in one location and getting unlimited plays for a flat rate.

#41 6 years ago

Richmond Pinball Collective.

#42 6 years ago

Took the kids to Marvin's this weekend to play some guardians and Star Wars. Star wars was broke unfortunately.

#44 6 years ago

Stones haha I love that cardboard thing of Gary.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Yesterday afternoon at Portal Pinball, which is a fantastic new arcade located just outside of Atlanta that was opened up recently by a fellow Pinsider.
Played Dialed In, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Tron, Walking Dead, Metallica and a bunch of others. It was awesome having all those games in one location and getting unlimited plays for a flat rate.

One day I'll make it to ATL for something other than a layover at the airport. Will definitely look for Portal. It had me at "Dialed In!"

I love the admission-for-freeplay model. Some don't - they don't like that someone might camp on a game they want to play. But it lends itself to experimentation and practice for those without a machine at home on which to do so. Nudging, catching, dead bounces, post transfers, multiball traps/separations. The kind of moves and tricks that keep balls alive and games long when mastered, but lose balls and end games in the process of learning (or re-learning after periods of not playing pinball).

Also, you're more likely to try a game on which you would not have spent quarters/tokens, and keep playing until you get a feel for it.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

stones haha I love that cardboard thing of Gary.

It greets you at the front door. Very cool experience

#47 6 years ago

2+ hours of Gorgar last night at my house... Sound cranked. IMO doesn't get much better. Nothing like a marathon session playing solo, plus I waxed the machine the day before. Wicked fast. Rolled it over twice!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Now there’s a pin I can get into! What song?

In the Year of the Wolf. Love that tune. Starting to love KISS too. Might have to get a pro. What upgrades did the prem/le's have?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

In the Year of the Wolf. Love that tune. Starting to love KISS too. Might have to get a pro. What upgrades did the prem/le's have?

You know it would be nice if there was a chart to easily reference all the recent games and their difference besides having to pull up each different title one at a time. A quick cheat sheet if you will.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
$ 179.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 39.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-you-play-pinball-last/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.