(Topic ID: 231759)

Where did o-din go?

By ImNotNorm

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spock01 (resized).jpg
    F53CAC95-B4C6-4400-9CC0-69D5676A10A2 (resized).jpeg
    modsquad01 (resized).jpg
    190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg
    exiled01.jpg
    73042FFF-4D33-4AFC-8C54-CF75D35E14BD.gif
    Keep On Truckin (resized).jpg
    E1554B46-004B-4186-A524-74F0B76AEE98 (resized).jpeg
    Carmen-Sandiego.jpg
    CE11D545-61AA-4173-B880-54D369603D8B (resized).jpeg
    tictacdoh (resized).jpg
    wink (resized).jpg
    IMG_1769 (resized).PNG
    untitled (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.03.19 AM (resized).png
    snow flake (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He seems like a good guy and I found his humor funny....for a while. But when you post as much as him, it gets old real fast.
    Sorry to the O-din lovers. Just being honest.

Funny poster but I hear you. When I saw that for sales ad first thing I thought was don't spam the marketplace. I'm glad to hear they modded it. He'll be back I'm sure.

1 week later
    #299 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so O-din called me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and to tell me his side of the story....
    He told me what happened was that he placed a wanted to buy ad for a Thunderbird not Thunderbirds and he even had the original Thunderbird linked to the ad. Right after it got posted some Pinsiders took it differently and started to post sarcastic replies thinking it was a joke. The ad was quickly removed and O-din was given a notice that he is now banned from marketplace. He got a little discouraged and decided to take a break. I think this is just a mis-understanding and he will be back soon. Not sure if ban was just a temporary ban or permanent, but O-din would like to see it re-activated. I told him nobody is going to apologize and good luck with the Chargers but maybe we could see if the ban from marketplace was temporary and can be removed?
    I did ask him about the Supreme WTB ad and said that people perceive it as sarcastic trolling, including myself(Although I found it funny as hell). His reply was that he was serious-if one came up at a decent price he would have bought it. Ok so I guess while it was funny, he may have also been serious. Hard to tell when he is serious or not.
    I do believe that O-din understands the marketplace is not a place for spam, and he made it clear that he was not intentionally trying to have his ad's perceived as spam.
    I think O-din has a heart pure as gold but also likes to talk pinball a lot. With all of the issues with today's manufacturers, O-din had lots to talk about(especially being a beta tester for BM66). Going through different stages as a collector O-din always has an opinion. Some people thought his opinions were one sided and he was beating a dead horse with his position on many modern themes by calling them old man themes, etc. I think he got a little bitter because of the distaste for what was being pumped out by the pinball manufacturers. He got several notices and was banned from several sub forums. Now he feels like he is banned from most of Pinside which is not enjoyable for him to be like a kid who can't play with the other kids in the class because he mis-behaved a few times. He also mentioned that the majority of number of moderations took place over two years ago. From what I gather I think O-din understands what is perceived as trolling and what is perceived as just a strong opinion. He loves Pinside and wants to play by the rules. His only problem is he has a huge sense-of humor and likes to have fun. Sometimes his jokes are mis-understood and rub people the wrong way-he gets it. We all have to remember to try and be more PC especially in the year of 2018(The year to officially be "Politically Correct"). So in closing I think O-din will be back and I think he will try and make sure his post and replies are not seen as spam or offensive to anyone. Now time to sing "Kumbaya" and relish in the season of the holiday's, we all have tons of passion for pinball. Merry Christmas everyone!

Let's not bs people here and say this guy really wanted a Thunderbird and wasn't spamming the market place ad.

This entire drama filled nonsense thread can be simplified like this - if you're going to spam the marketplace, be ready to be modded. If you don't like it, retire your account and don't come back. Simple as that. Enough with the excuses and misunderstanding. It's ridiculous. I like his sarcastic comments too but if he's going to pout like a child over something as stupid as being modded on a damn pinball website, it's time to take a step back and prioritize your life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-o-din-go?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.