(Topic ID: 231759)

Where did o-din go?

By ImNotNorm

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spock01 (resized).jpg
    F53CAC95-B4C6-4400-9CC0-69D5676A10A2 (resized).jpeg
    modsquad01 (resized).jpg
    190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg
    exiled01.jpg
    73042FFF-4D33-4AFC-8C54-CF75D35E14BD.gif
    Keep On Truckin (resized).jpg
    E1554B46-004B-4186-A524-74F0B76AEE98 (resized).jpeg
    Carmen-Sandiego.jpg
    CE11D545-61AA-4173-B880-54D369603D8B (resized).jpeg
    tictacdoh (resized).jpg
    wink (resized).jpg
    IMG_1769 (resized).PNG
    untitled (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.03.19 AM (resized).png
    snow flake (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 5 years ago

How many pinside lives is Thunderbirds going to ruin?

#252 5 years ago

Don’t forget about Otaku, he always kept things interesting.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

POTW

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Don’t forget about Otaku, he always kept things interesting.

Interesting being a euphemism for...?

#255 5 years ago

Anybody who spent as much time as he did on this site could use a break, regardless of the reason.

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Interesting being a euphemism for...?

Flooding?

#257 5 years ago

I like this game. Asking for donations?

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Asking for donations?

Ah yes, that's the winner.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah yes, that's the winner.

Still don’t know the correct pronunciation of “gamuseum”.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Now that is F ing hilarious!

#261 5 years ago

Memories are flooding back of others who deactivated

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

It seems to have ruined at least one Pinsider's pinball buying experience. . . maybe more.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What's the word? Thunderbird!! I think Odin found it & is in a bit of a stupor...
    [quoted image]

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I don't know. How many games are they gonna build?

QSS

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It was a joke thread - certainly wasn't a serious WTB the Williams version!

Yes, it was indeed the Williams singularly spelled version of “Thunderbird.”
    He linked it the same as he did for Struggle Buggies, Eager Beaver, Fun House, etc...

O-din was interested in that 1954 specific game before Homepin’s Tirdbirds ever hit the Pinside gossip circle. He liked the artwork, as well as the layout.

Williams woodrails just play snappy and awesome, they also have funky layouts that Gottlieb never bothered to try.
    Pinky is one of my favorites for example.

I’m actually heading over to take him out for some of Fullerton’s finest fare in a few minutes; I’ll be sure to tell him Pinside is doing just fine without him.

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m actually heading over to take him out for some of Fullerton’s finest fare in a few minutes; I’ll be sure to tell him Pinside is doing just fine without him.

Well he is a beloved Pinsider!

#267 5 years ago

Doing just fine, I can't find my pills!! And Odin just gave another shows material to Kman.

Merry Christmas come back soon!

#268 5 years ago

Never heard of him.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m actually heading over to take him out for some of Fullerton’s finest fare in a few minutes;

Please say hi for me and wish him a Merry Christmas !

LTG : )

#270 5 years ago

Will do LTG!

Actually,
    He was just about to go raise hell with a VERY inebriated Spidey until he realized that he wasn’t wearing his favorite “chick-picking-up-socks.”

Next time O-din! Next time...

6F812F84-861B-4133-A7CA-3177E885C768 (resized).jpeg6F812F84-861B-4133-A7CA-3177E885C768 (resized).jpeg
    #271 5 years ago

Say Hi for me too. And miss his wit on this site.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

I’m actually heading over to take him out for some of Fullerton’s finest fare in a few minutes

Hey, I did the very same thing last night!
    That’s super nice of you to do the same today DCRand!
    Where are you guys going to eat?
    Are you hittin’ up Naugles, or is ol’ Spidey in the mood for some Pup ‘N’ Taco after his late night bender?
    Maybe I can meet up with you guys...

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Are you hittin’ up Naugles, or is ol’ Spidey in the mood for some Pup n’ Taco after his late night bender?

... Waffle House.

#274 5 years ago

Ok so I am hearing two stories:

One-Spicoli was doing some sarcastic trolling(which he has done to lighten things up before) and got busted by the mods who where just doing their jobs when he placed ad with "Modern" Thunderbirds instead of classic Thunderbirds as a joke?

Second Spicoli placed an ad for a "Classic" Thunderbirds and was flagged for no apparent reason and feels violated and misunderstood?

Am I getting this? This is prime time for People's Court....Dun-Dun....Dun...We the people will now see O-din

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Are you hittin’ up Naugles, or is ol’ Spidey in the mood for some Pup ‘N’ Taco after his late night bender?

Woah woah, back up! Are you saying there is a pup n taco still around? I haven’t seen one since the early 80s.

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Woah woah, back up! Are you saying there is a pup n taco still around? I haven’t seen one since the early 80s.

Sadly, No...taco bell bought them out in 84

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you saying there is a pup n taco still around?

Nah,
    Just putting it out there (ala Ben Heck’s will it into existence!) so we can either get a Pup ‘N’ Taco pinball machine, or an ACTUAL Pup ‘N’ Taco we can call home again.
    Maybe Christian Z from Naugles isn’t too busy and wants to resurrect that nostalgialicious franchise too?
    Fingers crossed!

Fun fact:
    O-din used to work at our local Pup ‘N’ Taco off of Lemon and Commonwealth when he was a teen.
    Good thing they didn’t have Yelp reviews back then!

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Sadly, No...taco bell bought them out in 84

Ugh! Taco Be ...

#280 5 years ago

O-Din's t shirt is so old and has a hole in it....
    Give him another one for xmas.....
    pup_n_taco_white_t-shirt_530p (resized).jpgpup_n_taco_white_t-shirt_530p (resized).jpg

or perhaps a supreme tee?
    supreme socks? 100% cotton boxer shorts?

Quoted from NimblePin:

O-din used to work at our local Pup ‘N’ Taco

I did a google search on Pup n Taco t-shirt......but I found O-Din's old job....gone!
    fullerton_california_demolition (resized).jpgfullerton_california_demolition (resized).jpg

#281 5 years ago

Yeah, effin Taco Bell bought up all the Zantigo's too..
    I will never forgive that.

#282 5 years ago

O-din stopped by the shop. He is liking the Beatles pinball machine and thinking about pulling the trigger

#283 5 years ago

After reading this whole thread, I was worried at first when u said pulling the trigger.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so I am hearing two stories:

Ok so O-din called me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and to tell me his side of the story....

He told me what happened was that he placed a wanted to buy ad for a Thunderbird not Thunderbirds and he even had the original Thunderbird linked to the ad. Right after it got posted some Pinsiders took it differently and started to post sarcastic replies thinking it was a joke. The ad was quickly removed and O-din was given a notice that he is now banned from marketplace. He got a little discouraged and decided to take a break. I think this is just a mis-understanding and he will be back soon. Not sure if ban was just a temporary ban or permanent, but O-din would like to see it re-activated. I told him nobody is going to apologize and good luck with the Chargers but maybe we could see if the ban from marketplace was temporary and can be removed?

I did ask him about the Supreme WTB ad and said that people perceive it as sarcastic trolling, including myself(Although I found it funny as hell). His reply was that he was serious-if one came up at a decent price he would have bought it. Ok so I guess while it was funny, he may have also been serious. Hard to tell when he is serious or not.

I do believe that O-din understands the marketplace is not a place for spam, and he made it clear that he was not intentionally trying to have his ad's perceived as spam.

I think O-din has a heart pure as gold but also likes to talk pinball a lot. With all of the issues with today's manufacturers, O-din had lots to talk about(especially being a beta tester for BM66). Going through different stages as a collector O-din always has an opinion. Some people thought his opinions were one sided and he was beating a dead horse with his position on many modern themes by calling them old man themes, etc. I think he got a little bitter because of the distaste for what was being pumped out by the pinball manufacturers. He got several notices and was banned from several sub forums. Now he feels like he is banned from most of Pinside which is not enjoyable for him to be like a kid who can't play with the other kids in the class because he mis-behaved a few times. He also mentioned that the majority of number of moderations took place over two years ago. From what I gather I think O-din understands what is perceived as trolling and what is perceived as just a strong opinion. He loves Pinside and wants to play by the rules. His only problem is he has a huge sense-of humor and likes to have fun. Sometimes his jokes are mis-understood and rub people the wrong way-he gets it. We all have to remember to try and be more PC especially in the year of 2018(The year to officially be "Politically Correct"). So in closing I think O-din will be back and I think he will try and make sure his post and replies are not seen as spam or offensive to anyone. Now time to sing "Kumbaya" and relish in the season of the holiday's, we all have tons of passion for pinball. Merry Christmas everyone!

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so O-din called me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and to tell me his side of the story....
    He told me what happened was that he placed a wanted to buy ad for a Thunderbird not Thunderbirds and he even had the original Thunderbird linked to the ad. Right after it got posted some Pinsiders took it differently and started to post sarcastic replies thinking it was a joke. The ad was quickly removed and O-din was given a notice that he is now banned from marketplace. He got a little discouraged and decided to take a break. I think this is just a mis-understanding and he will be back soon. Not sure if ban was just a temporary ban or permanent, but O-din would like to see it re-activated. I told him nobody is going to apologize and good luck with the Chargers but maybe we could see if the ban from marketplace was temporary and can be removed?
    I did ask him about the Supreme WTB ad and said that people perceive it as sarcastic trolling, including myself(Although I found it funny as hell). His reply was that he was serious-if one came up at a decent price he would have bought it. Ok so I guess while it was funny, he may have also been serious. Hard to tell when he is serious or not.
    I do believe that O-din understands the marketplace is not a place for spam, and he made it clear that he was not intentionally trying to have his ad's perceived as spam.
    I think O-din has a heart pure as gold but also likes to talk pinball a lot. With all of the issues with today's manufacturers, O-din had lots to talk about(especially being a beta tester for BM66). Going through different stages as a collector O-din always has an opinion. Some people thought his opinions were one sided and he was beating a dead horse with his position on many modern themes by calling them old man themes, etc. I think he got a little bitter because of the distaste for what was being pumped out by the pinball manufacturers. He got several notices and was banned from several sub forums. Now he feels like he is banned from most of Pinside which is not enjoyable for him to be like a kid who can't play with the other kids in the class because he mis-behaved a few times. He also mentioned that the majority of number of moderations took place over two years ago. From what I gather I think O-din understands what is perceived as trolling and what is perceived as just a strong opinion. He loves Pinside and wants to play by the rules. His only problem is he has a huge sense-of humor and likes to have fun. Sometimes his jokes are mis-unsderstood and rub people the wrong way-he gets it. We all have to remember to try and be more PC especially in the year of 2018(The year to officially be "Politically Correct"). So in closing I think O-din will be back and I think he will try and make sure his post and replies are not seen as offensive to anyone. Now time to sing "Kumbaya" and relish in the season of the holiday's, we all have tons of passion for pinball. Merry Christmas everyone!

So he will be back but he cant be himself. Thats great news and it SUCKS at the same time. Great times we are living in ain’t it?

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

So he will be back but he cant be himself.

He will be back and he will be himself-we are talking about O-din here. He just knows now what upsets certain people. I relate this to today's PC society and having to appease the masses. Hard to make everyone happy nowadays. Stand Up Comedy will sadly never be the same #PC(2018)

#287 5 years ago

There is a difference between some humor to lighten up the place and trolling. I think the some (not all) mods on Pinside have taken themselves too seriously recently. Them closing down the podcast thread and then Robin opening it back up is a perfect example of that. There are some threads were you will get chased out of there if your (not trolling) opinion doesn't align with theirs.

#288 5 years ago

I have thought about what Pinside would be like with 'No Rules' and it scares me. Imagine the marketplace overwhelmed with spammers and scammers,etc. Or forums turned into dirty old man threads,etc.. I like to think of Pinside as "Family" friendly and a place my son could eventually visit(maybe when he turns 10). Can we have a positive forum, etc. without help from moderators-I don't think so. We need moderation here and I appreciate all of their efforts. Finding a balance is always difficult and often times they are stuck in the middle trying to appease both sides.

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I have thought about what Pinside would be like with 'No Rules' and it scares me. Imagine the marketplace overwhelmed with spammers and scammers,etc. Or forums turned into dirty old man threads,etc.. I like to think of Pinside as "Family" friendly and a place my son could eventually visit(maybe when he turns 10). Can we have a positive forum, etc. without help from moderators-I don't think so. We need moderation here and I appreciate all of their efforts. Finding a balance is always difficult and often times they are stuck in the middle trying to appease both sides.

Remember RGP... never forget. Without moderation it destroyed itself.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

So he will be back but he cant be himself. Thats great news and it SUCKS at the same time.

I used to pepper the forums with boob pics or dumb pics when things got heated.
    Some people liked it, some didn’t.
    Pinside eventually cracked down on the fun.
    You either adapt, or find somewhere else to go.
    I ended up adapting.
    As boring as that is, you have to respect the other members as well as Robin’s wishes at the end of the day...

Right Salma?

“Sí, así es.”

#291 5 years ago

I have been moderated all of three times and those were recent and somewhat confusing, because my moderated comments were considered trolling, yet I felt the sarcasm was self evident and in response to a post which was obviously trolling me. So be it, Jedi, but I learned a great lesson... I now try to not perpetuate any back and forth or negativity, or responding in any knee jerk way. I am not sure why profane language is not moderated with more even handedness. A $hit in one thread gets you temp banned, but a F bomb in another and all you hear are crickets from the mods... And one comment was moderated on the basis of mentioning a specific car brand and making a disparaging comment about said car manufacturer as an example of how people react on here to similar comments about a particular pinball manufacturer and wah freaking lah I am instantly moderated for trolling people who own an <Automaker reference removed by Moderators> Go figure.

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Remember RGP... never forget. Without moderation it destroyed itself.

Yep - "Frank Fuhrter" - the human red tide.

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

There is a difference between some humor to lighten up the place and trolling. I think the some (not all) mods on Pinside have taken themselves too seriously recently. Them closing down the podcast thread and then Robin opening it back up is a perfect example of that. There are some threads were you will get chased out of there if your (not trolling) opinion doesn't align with theirs.

Well there is something to be said for some threads being more of a “safe zone” for fans of a particular game or whatever. God knows there’s plenty of threads available for conflicting opinions but not every thread needs to be about dissenters and conflict. Too much negativity on this site by a long shot anyway.

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

We all have to remember to try and be more PC especially in the year of 2018(The year to officially be "Politically Correct

Disagree!! We have to be less PC, that's the problem, too many snowflakes...
    Shhh!! I'll probably get moderated for saying Snowflake!

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'll probably get moderated for saying Snowflake!

snow flake (resized).jpgsnow flake (resized).jpg
    #296 5 years ago

Odin called me last week. He said that all pinsiders are sheep and he has no patience for those who can't form their own opinions. He said he is happy to enjoy some outdoors and no longer wants to be involved in the pinball scene. Odin thinks pinsiders will believe anything they read here. Odin never called me. I don't know Odin.

#297 5 years ago

@ NimblePin's post

That's a real mouth full.

#298 5 years ago

Merry Christmas o-din!!

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I think O-din has a heart pure as gold but also likes to talk pinball a lot. With all of the issues with today's manufacturers, O-din had lots to talk about(especially being a beta tester for BM66). Going through different stages as a collector O-din always has an opinion. Some people thought his opinions were one sided and he was beating a dead horse with his position on many modern themes by calling them old man themes, etc. I think he got a little bitter because of the distaste for what was being pumped out by the pinball manufacturers. He got several notices and was banned from several sub forums. Now he feels like he is banned from most of Pinside which is not enjoyable for him to be like a kid who can't play with the other kids in the class because he mis-behaved a few times. He also mentioned that the majority of number of moderations took place over two years ago. From what I gather I think O-din understands what is perceived as trolling and what is perceived as just a strong opinion. He loves Pinside and wants to play by the rules. His only problem is he has a huge sense-of humor and likes to have fun. Sometimes his jokes are mis-understood and rub people the wrong way-he gets it. We all have to remember to try and be more PC especially in the year of 2018(The year to officially be "Politically Correct"). So in closing I think O-din will be back and I think he will try and make sure his post and replies are not seen as spam or offensive to anyone. Now time to sing "Kumbaya" and relish in the season of the holiday's, we all have tons of passion for pinball. Merry Christmas everyone!

Let's not bs people here and say this guy really wanted a Thunderbird and wasn't spamming the market place ad.

This entire drama filled nonsense thread can be simplified like this - if you're going to spam the marketplace, be ready to be modded. If you don't like it, retire your account and don't come back. Simple as that. Enough with the excuses and misunderstanding. It's ridiculous. I like his sarcastic comments too but if he's going to pout like a child over something as stupid as being modded on a damn pinball website, it's time to take a step back and prioritize your life.

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I used to pepper the forums with boob pics or dumb pics when things got heated.
    Some people liked it, some didn’t.
    Pinside eventually cracked down on the fun.
    You either adapt, or find somewhere else to go.
    I ended up adapting.
    As boring as that is, you have to respect the other members as well as Robin’s wishes at the end of the day...
    Right Salma?
    [quoted image]
    “Sí, así es.”

I totally respect both of her opinions.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-o-din-go/page/6?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.