(Topic ID: 231759)

Where did o-din go?

By ImNotNorm

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spock01 (resized).jpg
    F53CAC95-B4C6-4400-9CC0-69D5676A10A2 (resized).jpeg
    modsquad01 (resized).jpg
    190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg
    exiled01.jpg
    73042FFF-4D33-4AFC-8C54-CF75D35E14BD.gif
    Keep On Truckin (resized).jpg
    E1554B46-004B-4186-A524-74F0B76AEE98 (resized).jpeg
    Carmen-Sandiego.jpg
    CE11D545-61AA-4173-B880-54D369603D8B (resized).jpeg
    tictacdoh (resized).jpg
    wink (resized).jpg
    IMG_1769 (resized).PNG
    untitled (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.03.19 AM (resized).png
    snow flake (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm telling u guys he's smoking dope, living on a left wing hippy commune, and picketing trump somewhere....

As a double agent...

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... As I type this from a rest stop on the jersey turnpike.

You kinky fucker; now I'm jealous.

#203 5 years ago

Man,
    I busted out hard laughing (Rotordave as my witness) while in public with the original TractorDoc. Great job man!
    Going to make me a shirt out of this one though!
    C2998535-FCA4-42F6-B505-EB1C038E0357 (resized).jpegC2998535-FCA4-42F6-B505-EB1C038E0357 (resized).jpeg
    He’s also doing fine btw.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I deactivated once...nobody noticed, or cared

I noticed and cared too, my friend.

O-din, sometimes he is awesome, sometimes I laugh, sometimes he is a Pain in the Ass!
    A pinside kind of Love......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #205 5 years ago

What continues to amaze me on public forums is there are still people who are expecting a rosey, daffodils and lollipops experience, when, in fact, the Roman Forum was the last place in Rome you would want to go to see a civil discussion, where the term ”gird ones loins” was actually coined meaning to protect ones family jewels from the oncoming attack if the audience did not like what you had to say. Lets just say the forum was were civility was born, but more aptly, the forum is where hand to hand combat in support of ones beliefs died, and in its ashes, civility arose.

Maybe O-din got tired of getting hit in the balls too often.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Maybe O-din got tired of getting hit in the balls too often.

@Forceflow/rest of Pinside staff...
    It’s Christmastime dudes, cut ol’ Spicoli a little slack.
    10DC643B-E74B-4DC0-8BDA-E15D35224257 (resized).jpeg10DC643B-E74B-4DC0-8BDA-E15D35224257 (resized).jpeg

And since it’s almost Christmas,

Quoted from Gryszzz:

I want that shirt.
    We'll start the bidding at $20.

Good call Gryszzz!
    I’ll be glad to help in any way to get O-din’s now infamous wardrobe up on the auction block for charity.
    If Bryan_Kelly wants to handle another auction for JDRF, I’ll be happy to mail the ENTIRE outfit (washed or unwashed, your choice!) to the highest bidder as well as comp O-din some new threads* to replace his old ones.

*Pending O-Din’s approval of course.
    Edit:
    Yup, just got off the phone with O-din and we are greenlit for outfit. Sandals and all!

#207 5 years ago

Sandals and all?
    DONT FUVK WITH MY DREAMS NIMBLESLUTS

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

They are doing a "Cause of Death" set at the Decibel Beer and Metal fest next year. I got my weekend ticket (all you can drink BTW) on day one.
    See you there?

HO REE SHIT
    Don't really wanna go to Philly but gotta see this muchos gracias.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Man,
    I busted out hard laughing (Rotordave as my witness) while in public with the original TractorDoc. Great job man!
    Going to make me a shirt out of this one though!
    [quoted image]
    He’s also doing fine btw.

"Boldy"?

#210 5 years ago

Yup, not a typo.
    Would you spell it/say it correctly too after having two big bottles of Jack in front of your face?
    It was actually a real quote by Spicoli himself one late night/early morning after we were drunkenly playing his old cherry STTNG.

Naturally, when O-Din drinks, (or does anything for that matter...) he always takes it to the Supreme!

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I type this from a rest stop on the jersey turnpike.

Suspicions confirmed.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I type this from a rest stop on the jersey turnpike.

Hopefully, it was either the Vince Lombardi, Molly Pitcher or Thomas Edison plazas....

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Yup, not a typo.

Who names a town Placenta? ...and why live in a town called Placenta even if it is an important organ thingy?

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Who names a town Placenta? ...and why live in a town called Placenta even if it is an important organ thingy?

I'm glad somebody brought this up.

#215 5 years ago

Pla-cen-ti-a
    Because it’s a “pleasant place to live”, eating kick-ass Mexican food and relaxing whilst ogling our majestic red white and blue “Noone Lagoon” in the sky.

F6BA2BAA-9CBC-490C-9E3D-63EE368FCE04 (resized).jpegF6BA2BAA-9CBC-490C-9E3D-63EE368FCE04 (resized).jpeg

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Because it’s a pleasant place to live, eat kick-ass Mexican food and relax whilst ogling our majestic red white and blue “Noone Lagoon” in the sky.

Those are pretty good reasons. Looks like Pleasantville, except I guess rush-hour traffic may get a bit hectic sometimes. Carry on Nimble!

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Forceflow/rest of Pinside staff...
    It’s Christmastime dudes, cut ol’ Spicoli a little slack.
    [quoted image]
    And since it’s almost Christmas,

Good call Gryszzz!
    I’ll be glad to help in any way to get O-din’s now infamous wardrobe up on the auction block for charity.
    If Brian Kelly wants to handle another auction for JDRF, I’ll be happy to mail the ENTIRE outfit (washed or unwashed, your choice!) to the highest bidder as well as comp O-din some new threads* to replace his old ones.
    *Pending O-Din’s approval of course.
    Edit:
    Yup, just got off the phone with O-din and we are greenlit for outfit. Sandals and all!

490a72b52290797fa2d9632259eeb12baa4df8f5.jpeg490a72b52290797fa2d9632259eeb12baa4df8f5.jpeg
    #218 5 years ago

I guess rush-hour traffic may get a bit hectic sometimes.

Nah,
    Only during Tamale Festival...

34633DCC-A4DE-48BE-8722-96485478357C (resized).jpeg34633DCC-A4DE-48BE-8722-96485478357C (resized).jpegD2273976-D751-4CA2-9C62-0C6E39546314 (resized).jpegD2273976-D751-4CA2-9C62-0C6E39546314 (resized).jpeg

#219 5 years ago

Noone bump.
    A-340186-1457798757-9437_jpeg.jpgA-340186-1457798757-9437_jpeg.jpg

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah,
    [quoted image][quoted image]

a man needs a date of this festival!

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

a man needs a date of this festival!

Yup, was supposed to be the 5th but unfortunately it was FINALLY raining the heavy stuff here.
    They moved it to the 13th instead.
    It’s usually around the first week of December.

If you’d like to try for it next year (or anyone else) hit me up!
    Just be sure to pack your stretchiest stretchy pants though.

#223 5 years ago

What are you guys on about in here?

My own Placentia, called a Fullerton.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas. It is here...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #224 5 years ago

Is that Nimble or Odiner? Nimble get over there and make him a little chili and get him back in the game please!

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah,

They look good (except the ones with the green crap in them).

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I deactivated once...nobody noticed, or cared

I 'deactivated' pretty much all summer, but did it the more traditional way by simply not having the time to even visit the site... still in partial deactivation right now LOL

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Hopefully, it was either the Vince Lombardi, Molly Pitcher or Thomas Edison plazas....

Molly pitcher baby!!!

And Christ I don’t know what kind of rest stops you guys go to but there’s other things to do there besides have sex.

I mean there was a Roy Rogers.

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Nimble get over there and make him a little chili and get him back in the game please!

Even my patented chicken taquito nacho SUPREME bowl couldn’t budge ol’ Spicoli this time around.
    61273328-F5D5-436F-9961-D05D6ABB1F04 (resized).jpeg61273328-F5D5-436F-9961-D05D6ABB1F04 (resized).jpeg
    His exact-ish words Ice were:
    I’ll cOnSiDeR coming back if/when the “Mod Squad” that flagged my WTB Thunderbird ad issue me an apology, restore said legit WTB Thunderbird ad and or, the Chargers win the Super Bowl...whichever comes first!

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’ll cOnSiDeR coming back if/when the “Mod Squad” that flagged my WTB Thunderbird ad issue me an apology, restore said legit WTB Thunderbird ad and or, the Chargers win the Super Bowl...whichever comes first!

Better start rooting for the Chargers o-din fans.

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

In that case, its been nice knowing you, O-din.

odin (resized).jpgodin (resized).jpg
    #231 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

In that case, its been nice knowing you, O-din.[quoted image]

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And if that fails...
    Me and the Chef have got a plan B!

6CE273DD-FE3D-42BC-A411-DC017E76DB6F (resized).jpeg6CE273DD-FE3D-42BC-A411-DC017E76DB6F (resized).jpeg
    #233 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Even my patented chicken taquito nacho SUPREME bowl couldn’t budge ol’ Spicoli this time around.
    [quoted image]

Did his wanted ad say Homepin or Williams Thunderbirds? If it was Williams than I would be just as frustrated as him. He obviously has a thing for old EM's and whos to say the recent HP TB FS ad didn't just remind him of possibly a good Christmas present for himself. I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot here but in light of what happened in the "do you listen to pinball podcast" thread one must question if some are being moderated as fair as others.

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

one must question if some are being moderated as fair as others.

ya think?

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Did his wanted ad say Homepin or Williams Thunderbirds? If it was Williams than I would be just as frustrated as him. He obviously has a thing for old EM's and whos to say the recent HP TB FS ad didn't just remind him of possibly a good Christmas present for himself. I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot here but in light of what happened in the "do you listen to pinball podcast" thread one must question if some are being moderated as fair as others.

No, he was just being a butt. It was the same time as the thunderbirds for sale thread was going full on.

#236 5 years ago

Is this all about thunderturds???

Odin dude if you read this
    Swallow your pride, when using your black magic humor, some will laugh some will cry, some will never understand, some will even hate.
    Moderation ca be a bitch but hey, so can real life.
    They are just doing their job the way it seems best to them. Not always fair, but you are under a magnifying glass because of your flamboyant way of posting.
    Now just make another account under a new name , give us some hints that we know its you, and try to mindfuck them all over again!
    Bring the Odinness back man!

Here is my option for your new name: O- no u Din dt!

Greetings
    Kaneda

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’ll cOnSiDeR coming back if/when the “Mod Squad” that flagged my WTB Thunderbird ad issue me an apology

I would like the whole story-why would mods flag a legit ad?

I never heard the whole story about Centerflank either-I know it had something to do with mods?

I sure do miss Centerflank-some of my best memories of Pinside are because of him. It would be a shame to lose O-din as well, he has become a legend here and Pinside would not be the same without him.

#238 5 years ago

I don't know the whole story but he placed a WTB ad for one of these. It's a hard to find Williams game from 1954. There are a fair amount of Williams games from this era that are both innovative and attractive. It's no secret he's a fan, and he has been seeking this title for some time.

It's probably an unfortunate coincidence that there also is a modern pin named Thunderbirds. It's also no secret that he has been moderated before when expressing his opinion regarding modern themes. I get the impression they assumed his ad was an attempt at trolling that game?

Thunderbird (resized).jpgThunderbird (resized).jpg

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I don't know the whole story but he placed an ad for one of these. It's a hard to find Williams game from 1956. There are a fair amount of Williams games from this era that are both innovative and attractive. It's no secret he's a fan, and he has been seeking this title for some time.
    It's probably an unfortunate coincidence that there also is a modern pin named Thunderbirds. It's also no secret that he has been moderated before when expressing his opinion regarding modern themes. I get the impression they assumed his ad was an attempt at trolling that game?
    [quoted image]

The ad did not say anything about Williams. He posted to the thunderbirds for sale ad mere seconds before the ad popped up. I was the second poster and only replied with this.

IMG_4792 (resized).PNGIMG_4792 (resized).PNG

Maybe his post was a joke but it didn't come off that way.

#240 5 years ago

To be fair I didn't see the ad but he has owned several early Williams woodrails including Speedway, Pinky, Struggle Buggies, and even bought my Serenade which he had shipped in. He has placed WTB ads for several others including Thunderbird in the past. He is a big fan of Harry Williams and George Molentin.

#241 5 years ago

Odin is knowledgeable enough that if he meant the Williams model he would have said that he was looking for the Williams model. Just a joke that got shut down and he was probably tired of being moderated.

#242 5 years ago

..and maybe the mods were tired of him? If you're going to be a prolific shitposter, you have to be able to roll with the inevitable moderation, and that's where o-din comes up short.

#243 5 years ago

What's the word? Thunderbird!! I think Odin found it & is in a bit of a stupor...

imagesUHGJ8X78 (resized).jpgimagesUHGJ8X78 (resized).jpg
    #244 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What's the word? Thunderbird!!
    [quoted image]

What's the price? 30 twice!

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

What's the price? 30 twice!

I did not think this stuff was around anymore!!

#246 5 years ago

It was a joke thread - certainly wasn't a serious WTB the Williams version!

#247 5 years ago

He's helping build the wall....

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah,

... you had my attention at "Tamales".

#249 5 years ago

Tired of being moderated?
    44,400 Posts
    78 moderations
    Percent moderated: .18%

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Tired of being moderated?
    44,400 Posts
    78 moderations
    Percent moderated: .18%

That's not the only kind of moderation. He barred from posting in a ton of forum sections.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-o-din-go/page/5?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.