(Topic ID: 231759)

Where did o-din go?

By ImNotNorm

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spock01 (resized).jpg
    F53CAC95-B4C6-4400-9CC0-69D5676A10A2 (resized).jpeg
    modsquad01 (resized).jpg
    190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg
    exiled01.jpg
    73042FFF-4D33-4AFC-8C54-CF75D35E14BD.gif
    Keep On Truckin (resized).jpg
    E1554B46-004B-4186-A524-74F0B76AEE98 (resized).jpeg
    Carmen-Sandiego.jpg
    CE11D545-61AA-4173-B880-54D369603D8B (resized).jpeg
    tictacdoh (resized).jpg
    wink (resized).jpg
    IMG_1769 (resized).PNG
    untitled (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.03.19 AM (resized).png
    snow flake (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

See my last post immediately before yours.

That entire thread was deleted. Does that change his pulse and/or activity?

#52 5 years ago

So much stuff gets deleted now....

#53 5 years ago

a rebel ? a son of anarchy ? a patriot ?
    regardless of how each of you may perceive his place in pinside folklore ...

no matter where o-din goes, you can rest assured ...

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

That entire thread was deleted. Does that change his pulse and/or activity?

Apparently.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

See my last post immediately before yours.

Yes I was way ahead of you in the thread when I posted that. Several people beat me to it.

When I came here o-din was the only person I had on ignore but after a while I came around and he is one of the posters I now enjoy.
    With that said when I saw the marketplace post I thought of that shirt "don't be a Richard".

He probably just needed a little break. I miss boob too.

#56 5 years ago

O-din could be a little over the top but as long as you didn't take him too serious he was mostly funny. He will be back, this isn't the first time he deactivated his account.

#57 5 years ago

Where is Centerflank??? That guy was hilarious.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore: Much easier to convey an opinion or share a topic as a podcast host during a show versus trying to do so in a topic post in a discussion thread.

excellent observation.
    and some members are coming to just that realization.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

when the time is right, maybe.. just maybe.. we shall glimpse him again.

without a doubt, that time is not now.

#59 5 years ago

I miss him already.

#60 5 years ago

Burnin one for you buddy! Feliz Navidad and all that shit.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

He made a short but sweet appearance yesterday actually.....

And there goes my Stalker’s card... dammit.

#62 5 years ago

I think what the op meant to say was...…………………...

D44E01DA-32AB-42E8-BFE0-759B765638E3 (resized).pngD44E01DA-32AB-42E8-BFE0-759B765638E3 (resized).png

#63 5 years ago

O-din is the spice of pinside imo. Without him things around here are kind of bland.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

O-din is the spice of pinside imo. Without him things around here are kind of bland.

I’m one guy...I’m doing the best I can! LOWER YOUR STANDARDS!

#65 5 years ago

I know this is at least his second deactivation. Might be his third. I think there is also some rule about how many times you can deactivate before being permanent.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I know this is at least his second deactivation. Might be his third. I think there is also some rule about how many times you can deactivate before being permanent.

Yep...

26BBD26A-E179-409F-A701-3FEFDC8E0D03 (resized).jpeg26BBD26A-E179-409F-A701-3FEFDC8E0D03 (resized).jpeg
    #67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yep...
    [quoted image]

They should just make each deactivation 30 days longer with no prema ban.
    30 for first time, 60 for second and so on. Some people just get to involved and have to step aside every now and then. I remember back in 2016 I didn’t log onto Pinside for a whole 2 days.

#68 5 years ago

1. I had no idea those rules existed -- thanks for posting that -- good for us to know about.
    2. I have no idea why those rules exist

It really makes me wonder why they were created.
    Im not yet imagining the use case where a deactivation is "abuse"... Hopefully whatever that specific use case is -- it doesn't apply to a member like o-din.

Mixing up your habits and routines can be a good thing.

/shrug
    -mof

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

44,400 posts. Maybe it was time for a break.
    [quoted image]

10,000 more posts by Christmas?

#70 5 years ago

He went to get his flu shot! There, are you guys happy!?

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

He went to get his flu shot!

Which one?

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

1. I had no idea those rules existed -- thanks for posting that -- good for us to know about.
    2. I have no idea why those rules exist
    It really makes me wonder why they were created.
    Im not yet imagining the use case where a deactivation is "abuse"... Hopefully whatever that specific use case is -- it doesn't apply to a member like o-din.
    Mixing up your habits and routines can be a good thing.
    /shrug
    -mof

The rules exist because you can walk away without deactivating your account by deactivating a certain amount of drama is created as can be seen by this thread

#73 5 years ago

Never met O-din in person, but I appreciate(d) his sense of humor. I would always be impressed by the occasional nugget of pinball knowledge found in some of his posts.

Could he be a thorn in the side of the moderators? Sure. There are people in my family that can be a bit prickily (who knows, they may see me in the same way), but they are always welcome and more often than not fun be around.

Hopefully Pinside's outspoken crazy uncle returns one day.

#74 5 years ago

He caught the government flu

#75 5 years ago

Oh where, oh where, has my little O-Din gone?
    Oh where, oh where can he be?
    With his ears cut short and his tail cut long
    Oh where, oh where can he be?

LTG : (

dogcigar (resized).jpgdogcigar (resized).jpg
    #76 5 years ago

Always enjoyed his posts. His Thread "Let's close this thread down" was one of my favorite. Hope he returns.

#77 5 years ago

That traffic light isn't working.....hmmmm
    Crazy Odin (resized).pngCrazy Odin (resized).png

#78 5 years ago

Hope he comes back as well. Dude always had me cracking up.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

Hope he comes back as well. Dude always had me cracking up.

Well, your avatar is a great start! Lol.

#80 5 years ago

Haha true

#81 5 years ago

I think he got a 10 book deal ...........

#82 5 years ago

OpinionO-din...

#83 5 years ago

Alas, poor O-din! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. —Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now to mock your own grinning? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady’s chamber and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favor she must come. Make her laugh at that.—Prithee, Horatio, tell me one thing.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They don’t go anywhere. They just sit in front of their computer and continue to read pinside obsessively while sulking, and a month later they return energized and fresh until their next rage inactive.
    There really isn’t anywhere else to discuss Pinball right now. Tiltforums is tournament talk and rgp is long dead except for a few die hards.

Disagree, some just turn to facebook or forgo pin forums altogether. I got fed up and walked away from this forum for ages at one point. Part of the problem is there really is no way to have a discussion on why some pinsiders get driven away. Having that kind of conversation is just asking for trouble.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Pinside's outspoken crazy uncle

This is exactly how I view o-din. Hope he returns.

#86 5 years ago

He has joined Mike from HOMEPIN for reflection time?
    And like Mike he will be back.
    As long as it is not serious.

#87 5 years ago
    odin (resized).jpgodin (resized).jpg
    #88 5 years ago

I always valued hie opinions,as I did Aurich!But,honestly,some Pinsiders seem strangely ignorant of most of what they speak about I have one on ignore who is exactly like that!!!! BUT,Merry Christmas everybody!!I'm sorry if that offends anyone,I'll be happy to help you move!!!!Peace!!

#89 5 years ago

Well he's banned from posting from most of the boards so what do you expect.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I always valued hie opinions,as I did Aurich!But,honestly,some Pinsiders seem strangely ignorant of most of what they speak about I have one on ignore who is exactly like that!!!! BUT,Merry Christmas everybody!!I'm sorry if that offends anyone,I'll be happy to help you move!!!!Peace!!

It offends me. How will you help me move?

I will need about $50,000 to start setting up my move to Pakistan or Iraq. How are we going to do this?

Also have a shitty Christmas. Sorry if that offends you!!!!!

#91 5 years ago

Im sure he’s off spending some of that $212,000 now that he’s been promoted to moderator.

It’s about friggin time!

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Im sure he’s off spending some of that $212,000 now that he’s been promoted to moderator.
    It’s about friggin time!

Moderators... think they’re SOOOO much better... with their Ferrari’s, mansions, and pinball machines!

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It offends me. How will you help me move?
    I will need about $50,000 to start setting up my move to Pakistan or Iraq. How are we going to do this?
    Also have a shitty Christmas. Sorry if that offends you!!!!!

Start a Gofundme account. I bet you hit your 50K goal easily. I know i would donate bigly to it.

#94 5 years ago
    #95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

[quoted image]

Lol good one Buzz!

#96 5 years ago

He's on a world tour. He'll be back soon.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #97 5 years ago

Perhaps he is just doing the family thing right now.

ecabeb42997a5b045ce1968a3d592d01--peanut-mms-ultrasound-humor (resized).jpgecabeb42997a5b045ce1968a3d592d01--peanut-mms-ultrasound-humor (resized).jpg
    #98 5 years ago

O-din is gone an noone seems to care

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

O-din is gone an noone seems to care

I care because he's one of the coolest Pinsiders we got! He will be back better than ever i have a feeling.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I care because he's one of the coolest Pinsiders we got! He will be back better than ever i have a feeling.

I think you missed the joke.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-o-din-go/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.