(Topic ID: 231759)

Where did o-din go?

By ImNotNorm

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spock01 (resized).jpg
    F53CAC95-B4C6-4400-9CC0-69D5676A10A2 (resized).jpeg
    modsquad01 (resized).jpg
    190128122322-napoleon-jinnes-male-cheerleader-rams-super-tease (resized).jpg
    exiled01.jpg
    73042FFF-4D33-4AFC-8C54-CF75D35E14BD.gif
    Keep On Truckin (resized).jpg
    E1554B46-004B-4186-A524-74F0B76AEE98 (resized).jpeg
    Carmen-Sandiego.jpg
    CE11D545-61AA-4173-B880-54D369603D8B (resized).jpeg
    tictacdoh (resized).jpg
    wink (resized).jpg
    IMG_1769 (resized).PNG
    untitled (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.03.19 AM (resized).png
    snow flake (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 5 years ago

Just noticed o-din deactivated his account today (Dec 16th)

I always enjoyed reading his threads and responses.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#3 5 years ago

Oh man i hate to see that. I know he created a wanted ad that he said vanished and then he posted something about it and the thread got closed down. I bet he got pissed and left. I hope he comes back because he’s funny as heck and always made me laugh.

#5 5 years ago

Probably just got fed up with all the drama on this site.

#6 5 years ago

Not the first time that this has happened; o-din has had a long and often tumultuous history at Pinside.

That said, Brian's a good guy and I hope all is well with him.

#7 5 years ago

He seems like a good guy and I found his humor funny....for a while. But when you post as much as him, it gets old real fast.

Sorry to the O-din lovers. Just being honest.

#8 5 years ago

Everyone needs a break from time to time.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He seems like a good guy and I found his humor funny....for a while. But when you post as much as him, it gets old real fast.
    Sorry to the O-din lovers. Just being honest.

Funny poster but I hear you. When I saw that for sales ad first thing I thought was don't spam the marketplace. I'm glad to hear they modded it. He'll be back I'm sure.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Probably just got fed up with all the drama on this site.

Drama has actually gone DOWN 6% since he left Pinside. He'll be back.

#11 5 years ago

44,400 posts. Maybe it was time for a break.

0E5D0096-FF8D-4776-9ABB-F5327BC726D1 (resized).jpeg0E5D0096-FF8D-4776-9ABB-F5327BC726D1 (resized).jpeg

#12 5 years ago

The Norse God of Pinside always returns! He is a big part of what makes this forum so fun.

#13 5 years ago

Merry Christmas

#14 5 years ago

I hope he comes back always enjoyed reading his posts.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

....for a while. But when you post as much as him, it gets old real fast.

I disagree O-din adds that quirky response that usually generates a smile. There are only like 50 of us that actually post here and we all go in circles talking about the same topics over and over-rinse and repeat. Anything will get old over time without mixing things up, O-din has a different perspective than most and adds to many conversations. O-din will be back he is just taking his usual siesta.
    For those who have met O-din-he couldn't be more genuine and kind. He would give you the shirt off his back if you asked for it.

#16 5 years ago

Rip O-din

#17 5 years ago

On topics of lost Pinsiders, where is Beezleboob?

#18 5 years ago

Personally I like his comments and outlook. I don't know him, but i'd hang with him anytime.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Beelzeboob has been long gone. Like countless other former Pinside mega-posters before him, he probably got ticked off, bored, and/or busier with other stuff.

#20 5 years ago

maybe this is like the guy who faked his death , to see who shows up at his funeral . lol

#21 5 years ago
    DM (resized).PNGDM (resized).PNG
    #22 5 years ago

I'll spill a beer on the game room floor today in his memory, or maybe on a friend's game room floor instead. May he rest in peace, and perhaps someday, somewhere, when the time is right, maybe.. just maybe.. we shall glimpse him again.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Personally I like his comments and outlook. I don't know him, but i'd hang with him anytime.

I spent a couple hours playing pinball and getting high at his house before we went to a concert. Great guy. I found him to be a very respectful person. When I read some of his posts, I picture a buzzed Joe Walsh sitting on his Gran Torino porch. (there's a slight resemblance according to a couple concert goers) I learned alot about avocados that day, and now have 3 different varieties of avocados trees at my house that wouldn't be there if I hadn't met him. We are way different, yet have so many things in common. For the most part, I bet most of us have more in common than not. I wouldn't be any fun if we were all alike.

#24 5 years ago

No surprise the likes of Centerflank and Beelzeboob walked away one more long timer par for corse

#25 5 years ago

O-din will be back, I'm sure he just ......needs a little time away.

#26 5 years ago

The two day eject probably didn't sit well with him.

IMG_8687 (resized).PNGIMG_8687 (resized).PNG
    #27 5 years ago

He contributed to legendary threads like:
    the immamaculate Baywatch
    Totegate
    I miss the Baywatch thread.

I do not know him. But I found some of his posts funny.

#28 5 years ago

Back by Christmas

#29 5 years ago

Always enjoyed his post's, hope he'll be back! Pinside does have more drama than ever..

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

The two day eject probably didn't sit well with him.
    [quoted image]

Wow!

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

He made a short but sweet appearance yesterday actually.....

#32 5 years ago

Found him

cf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpgcf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpg
    #33 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

He made a short but sweet appearance yesterday actually.....

BS

#34 5 years ago

yesterday he commented on a post about radcals. just lurking it seems!

#35 5 years ago

He’ll return under a different name.

#36 5 years ago

Christmas 2019 maybe. If you deactivate your account, you can't reactivate it until a min of 30 days later.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

He’ll return under a different name.

No he always returns under his regular name.

He’s taken his ball and gone home many, many times before. He’ll be back bitching about “old man themes” in no time at all.

#38 5 years ago

But where do all these leaving members go?
    Is there another forum?

#39 5 years ago

They don’t go anywhere. They just sit in front of their computer and continue to read pinside obsessively while sulking, and a month later they return energized and fresh until their next rage inactive.

There really isn’t anywhere else to discuss Pinball right now. Tiltforums is tournament talk and rgp is long dead except for a few die hards.

#40 5 years ago

10,000 (more posts) by Christmas! He’ll be back.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They don’t go anywhere. They just sit in front of their computer and continue to read pinside obsessively while sulking, and a month later they return energized and fresh until their next rage inactive.
    There really isn’t anywhere else to discuss Pinball right now. Tiltforums is tournament talk and rgp is long dead except for a few die hards.

You were afraid i would leave huh!
    Seriously, where is the boob at
    And odin just come back dude!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Beelzeboob has been long gone. Like countless other former Pinside mega-posters before him, he probably got ticked off, bored, and/or busier with other stuff.

Beelzeboob made an appearance yesterday on a non Odin thread. Some of his posts actually did make me laugh out loud.
    O- DIN is a good guy, but it could get old fast with some of his threads.

#43 5 years ago

Maybe he’s out shopping for a new Tesla.

#44 5 years ago

OD is now focusing on avocado farming and pursuing his long time dream of becoming a full time writer for Yelp.
    Charlie don't surf in January. He'll be back. I hope.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Beelzeboob made an appearance yesterday on a non- Odin thread about Pinballstar. Was good to see him post and defend Joe. ...

Not seeing this on his forum activity and pulse for some reason. Regardless, he hasn't posted anywhere to the extent that he used to for quite a while now.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

He has posted this week.

#47 5 years ago

I hope O-Din just needed a break. And has a great Christmas and New Year !

LTG : )

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Charlie don't surf in January.

thats not the only thing charlie wont be doing in january.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

He has posted this week.

See my last post immediately before yours.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No he always returns under his regular name.
    He’s taken his ball and gone home many, many times before. He’ll be back bitching about “old man themes” in no time at all.

To which he'll change his mind and get it anyway....

Sure he doesn't mean it, but at times he comes across more bitter and cynical than intended.

There are 386 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-o-din-go/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.