2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by TKDalumni
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nipitinthebud (resized).jpg
    images4KDKTDEY (resized).jpg
    that far (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I saw him with a luggage cart of booze. Probably all part of the plan...

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

That AFM isn't a pinball machine. It's art. I would just turn it on, leave it in attract mode, and "oooooooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhhh" at it.
    What incredible work.

I've seen and played robs McCune AFM + MB. They are on a complete other level in quality, craftsmanship, and pinball collector-a-bility. No other AFM or MB in the world can compare. I'm afraid to nudge and even play them

#53 2 years ago

Allow me to jump on the hog pile of McCune fans. I miss him on Pinside and I miss seeing him at the shows.
    I also understand his leaving and I struggle with those same issues. - Great minds, right Jim?

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I also understand his leaving and I struggle with those same issues.

What issues was he having? Was it just drama/nitpicking from people? I'm curious now.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

What issues was he having? Was it just drama/nitpicking from people? I'm curious now.

Or we can just be respectful of whatever issues he was having and not discuss them in an open forum without the guy around to respond.

#56 2 years ago

How is anyone surprised when someone leaves Pinside? How can anyone not notice the vast amounts of shit people post?

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How is anyone surprised when someone leaves Pinside? How can anyone not notice the vast amounts of shit people post?

And the shit begets more shit and I will cite myself as an example of that. I'm not justifying the behavior but for some of us we have a low tolerance for fools.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or we can just be respectful of whatever issues he was having and not discuss them in an open forum without the guy around to respond.

Fair enough. To be clear, I was not trying to instigate anything. I must have missed the drama.

In retrospect, it was a bad inquiry on my part. No disrespect of McCune was intended.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Fair enough. To be clear, I was not trying to instigate anything. I must have missed the drama.
    In retrospect, it was a bad inquiry on my part. No disrespect of McCune was intended.

I love it when I come across real men on this site. Thanks for your post. And I didn't mean to attack you or criticize you - I was just trying to nip it in the bud before this thread became a shit show. It only takes one asshole.

I should know.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was just trying to nip it in the bud before this thread became a shit show.

nipitinthebud (resized).jpg

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love it when I come across real men on this site.

Um....I think you have Pinside mixed up with that "other" site, Boob. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Um....I think you have Pinside mixed up with that "other" site, Boob. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You picked up on that when you met me in the bathroom at TPF, didn't you?

#63 2 years ago

Boob, you gotta get some at home!!!

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Boob, you gotta get some at home!!!

I do. At your home.

#65 2 years ago

I'd just joined pinside when everyone, including me, changed avatars to AC DC...spoke volumes about the guys overall standing here (and pinsides), if you ask me.

1 month later
    #66 2 years ago

He better still be working on at least ONE game - he has my Whirlwind traded my AC/DC to him for the resto. I spoke with him back in March. Sometimes restorations take a while ... He did my AFM - CHERRY. I only really need BK to do one now .

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

He better still be working on at least ONE game - he has my Whirlwind traded my AC/DC to him for the resto. I spoke with him back in March. Sometimes restorations take a while ... He did my AFM - CHERRY. I only really need BK to do one now .

Having a McCune restored Whirlwind would be sweet!

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Next time you talk to "Gabby" tell him I said hi.

#69 2 years ago

Still my favorite nickname! How you doin man?

1 month later
    #70 2 years ago

Anybody talked to Jim recently? Radio silence concerns me.

#72 2 years ago

I talked to Jim not too long ago. He's staying the course and is aware of what's going on in pinball.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I talked to Jim not too long ago.

If you talk to Jim again. Please let him know he is loved and missed.

LTG : )

#74 2 years ago

Cant stress what Ltg said enough. Such a loss to all of us who have a shit ton of respect for Mr. McCune. His work and teaching us valuble skills is/was priceless.

2 years later
    #75 72 days ago

I talked to Jim a couple of times 2 days ago. He's doing really well.He's into classic cars now.

#76 72 days ago

Thanks for letting us know.

#77 72 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I talked to Jim a couple of times 2 days ago. He's doing really well.He's into classic cars now.

If there's a hobby more expensive than pinball, it's classic cars!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Star Wars Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside