DD26FC05-376C-4DF5-9FF0-B75F7D104100.jpeg
7761CF92-C5B1-45C5-87A1-B34980E937B4.jpeg
7241CFBB-D458-430F-8C19-F03A2D84FD92.jpeg
722EDAC7-E00B-4F40-BD95-204B0F68FD8D (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Bigfoot data. Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (3 years ago)

Post #140 The history of Big Dick Posted by Dayhuff (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bayoubilly70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago

One went to Hadley Mall, MA about the time of 1981-1982. I know because I played it. Still remember the side art and backglass. Over 40 years later... No idea.

#65 1 year ago

It was right there, next to eventually Krull, Rat Race, and Big Dick. That's right, 'Big Dick' was right next to the food court and movie theater. It was the 'Dream Machine' arcade, Hadley, MA. Out the other end, was eventually (again) 'Records & Tapes' store. You had a Paragon on the right as you left the arcade.

Added 20 months ago:

It wasn't Big Dick from 1996. It wasn't Big Dick. It wasn't Big Dick

#75 1 year ago

It wasn't Big Dick, you are correct - I'm wrong.... whatever the other dirty game was from the late 70s early 80s.

Troll much? Pics or it didn't happen? I was 10 years old 40+ years ago... Yes, it was there and I played it.

Added 20 months ago:

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I find this hard to believe, not just for all the rarities to end up there but also Big Dick wasn’t made until 1996.

I stand corrected, it wasn't Big Dick it was some other dirty game they probably made only one of.

It was Dream Machine, Hadley, MA. They had a ton of rare games as companies evidently tested their games at this location. I played on location many rare games. I played many games there that were probably made in quantities 10 or less. For example, these (yes, they made more than 10 of some of these):

Stern Que (walked away after ball 2)
Rat Race
Dark Rider (conversion kit)
Bullseye
Big Foot
Playboy (red playfield)
Q*bert pinball
Miss World
Punk
Varkon
Krull
Thunderball
Star Ship (yes, they made one copy. I played it).
King Kong (this was actually at the UMASS campus, not Dream Machine. I assume it was the same operator as they had games like Cosmic Princess there as well)
Freedom (the copy with the pop bumper in between the flippers)
Sky Skipper (arcade game, look it up)
Beezer (ditto)

Many, many more.

#79 1 year ago

Yeah, was my childhood. Always looked forward to the new games. It was only years later that when I started collecting how rare some of the stuff was that I just thought was common place. I'm like, Rat Race sucked, but let me get one and try it now. Then I find out there was like 2 or something made... I'm like, fuck me. To me, it was as common as Paragon. Who knew?

I assure everyone that Big Foot was there, somewhere around 1981-1982. I don't have any pictures.

#81 1 year ago

Yup, that was my childhood. That third pic down with the metal railing.... up the ramp the Stern class of 1980 was there with the likes of Flight 2000, Star Gazer, and Quicksilver. Down that ramp the yellow game on the left... that was a Fathom in 1981. And to the far right of that pic, on the end, was Big Foot.

#83 1 year ago

This is Mike's picture from several years ago from his garage. Unearthed a warehouse of games that I used to play as a kid at Dream Machine. Proof enough for everyone?

mikes (resized).jpgmikes (resized).jpg

Big Foot was there. (Note never played BBB... that was way past my time. I was more of a Krull guy. Note that's an original BBB).

#87 1 year ago

"Ballypin" need pics or it didn't happen. He read something on the internet now he's an expert

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It was probably Zingy Bingy. Yeah, that was it.
Oh wait, that was 1996 too.
But Big Foot was there.

Dude - that was my childhood. I'm just trying to help. I'm not sure what crawled up your ass.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Self-appointed titles don't grant the right to be an ass.
As for the rest - did you hear/see the rest of the alleged collection, including what was photographed? Long past any value for "testing" it seems the alleged proprietor had a penchant for acquiring rarities. Could have had strong connections to the industry somehow, either by pocketbook or acquaintance. I'm not saying the story should be taken as gospel, but it's still plausible. And to that end it certainly makes a lot more sense for Bigfoot to have been possibly in the wild just a few years after its prototyping phase, as the trophy of someone running a primo destination arcade, than any time later. Who the heck else do you think all these sample and red-board and other "proto" games are still circulating among collectors decades later? But given the other titles mentioned whoever had it then, if it was along with those other games shown/mentioned, had to have a better idea than most of what it was and would be. If it survived, it's probably well secluded.

This... it was probably out of Bally's hands at this point. Collector / operator with strong ties snagged it and put it in 'Dream Machine' arcade.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

so to go back to your childhood memories, do you have any leads on anyone else that might have worked there? Do you remember any names, or perhaps have any documentation, of that arcade from the early 80s?
Have you ever met any other players that remember that arcade from that time period?
do we know of any operators from there in that time that might still be alive?
Any sort of external corroboration would be super exciting.

I was 10-12 years old, I don't have names or documentation.

Yes, I have friends that were with me.

I tried looking up operator names... if you Google 'Dream Machine' in Hadley, MA you don't get much.

I have posted to several pinball / arcade Facebook pages the following:

"I have an odd request.... Does anyone have any pictures from 1980 - 1983 of the 'Dream Machine' Arcade or 'Just Fun' Arcade in Hadley, MA. Childhood birthday pictures, something your aunt took, etc.... anything. I'm trying to find evidence (I remember, but have no pictures) that the Bally Bigfoot pinball machine was there (Dream Machine) during this time frame. It certainly was I remember playing it, but looking for some evidence. Thank you very much."

#114 1 year ago

I did look at KLOV... nothing

#116 1 year ago

I'm hoping Mike E. pops into this thread. He's the one acquired the rare games several years ago. I do not have direct access to the person he got them from, or even knows who he is...

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Make a post and ask.
LTG : )

Waiting for my approval so I can post there......

#122 1 year ago

I'm too dumb to figure out how to contact this raygunn guy:

https://thearcadearchives.com/2011/09/21/raygunn-dreams-of-dream-machine/

Does anyone see an email or something? I'll shoot him an email if I know how to contact him.

#123 1 year ago

I posted at the bottom of his blog... pending moderator approval for public consumption

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I think approval is broken, it’s said that member approvals are down for the past year

See post #124 here

#128 1 year ago

And oh, not to burst anyone's Bigfoot bubble - but when I played it 40 years ago it sucked ass. Not my 'go to' game - at all. It was a novelty at best. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in the trash compactor. Go to games at the time were Alien Poker, Centaur, Medusa, Black Hole, and Quicksilver... and Algar (except that stupid cowardly lion backglass).

#129 1 year ago

...and... not to highjack the Bigfoot thread...

In my initial posts, I said it was near a game called 'Big Dick'. Folks jumped on me - 1996, blah blah blah..... Regardless, I cannot find the backglass for the game anywhere - its not on ipdb.org (I searched year by year), Google risque backglasses, I cannot find a picture of it anywhere... I feel it was again Dave Christensen artwork and a Bally, but I could be wrong. It was really taboo with a bunch of erections on it (this thing was set up at the mall... although Miss World was there as well).

A few years ago, I saw on EBAY the backglass go by... didn't bid on it because what the heck was I going to do with that? So... there is recent memory of the game given the EBAY auction and not 40 year old memories. Somebody out there has the backglass. I don't know if it was called 'Big Dick'... I thought it was. It could have been something else. I'm guessing 1978 - 1981 time frame. I've found more pictures of the Bigfoot game than this so I cannot post it here - but somebody out there knows something... it was probably another one off. It was next to a Gottlieb 'Goin' Nuts' pinball machine in Dream Machine.

Goin' Nuts sucked too.

#131 1 year ago

You are showing me a game from 1996. I just said 1978-1981. Did you read the thread? It has nothing to do with 1996 'Big Dick'

#132 1 year ago

I got permission to post this from Mike E.. He's the guy that bought all the rare games I used to play and I put up a picture Krull, etc... yesterday. This is regarding the person he bought the games from:

"The guys name we got the rare games from was Bill Allendorfer. Not positive on the spelling. He moved out of state many years ago as his health was bad and he had some family near St Louis I think it was. I doubt he is still with us. Bigfoot was not part of the collection."

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

You are showing me a game from 1996. I just said 1978-1981. Did you read the thread? It has nothing to do with 1996 'Big Dick'

I said 'Big Dick" initially... search on something else. 1978-1981 erotic backglasses, I don't know. I can't find it, but its out there. It was cartoony with lots of erections on it. Stop searching on "Big Dick" and "Dave Christensen" and rarities and all of that. Its a 'one off'... somebody knows about it somewhere.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Well......re-reading your post, it sure sounds like you are looking for a photo of Big Dick. Please forgive me.

Re-reading - ALL of it - it does not. Thank you very much though.

#136 1 year ago
bigfoot-hide-and-seek-champion-qiu-shao (resized).jpgbigfoot-hide-and-seek-champion-qiu-shao (resized).jpg
#138 1 year ago

Re-reading - ALL of it - it does not. Thank you very much though.

Thank you. It wasn't what I was looking for though. Some these folks stressed me out "pics or it didn't happen!" and all of that. I appreciate you taking a shot, but 'no' the answer isn't a simple look up at ipdb.org

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not Zingy Bingy, it's backbox ( MIA ) had a couple marionettes. Knowing Python they were probably erotic. It was rumored the Capcom art department spent $30K on them.
LTG : )

No, not at all. It looks like Zingy Bingy was 1997.

Again, I'm thinking 1978-1981. Don't start digging through ipdb.org, its probably a one off and super rare.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

The Big Dick glass was made by Herb Silvers in 1991, it was used on the 1963 game Big Deal.
From IPDB:
Art by: Dave Christensen
Notes: This is a re-themed game. It used to be Williams' 1963 'Big Deal'. The backglass art is by Dave Christensen. The playfield art was not changed except for custom plastics. The cabinet was repainted with a custom theme. A tape sound system was installed inside. The flyer indicates brass trim was used. Re-themed by Herb Silvers of Fabulous Fantasies.
We previously indicated that only four customized games were made and that 250 of the backglasses were sold. There have been various sightings of this game to conflict with our quantity of 4 made. To clarify this, in 2015 Herb Silvers provided us the following information:
1991 - When I first did the backglass I copied a original from [redacted1]. [Redacted2] wanted one so I copied the glass and finished it so it would work in a game. It was never finished by David Christensen when he did it. I wanted to test it out so I put the glass in an original game that had no artwork on it, period. It was stripped to, like, a red or green color, I do not remember. It was not in very good shape. I think the game went to [redacted1], I do not remember. When the glass worked in the game we made a run of the glass and I gave one to [redacted2] and sold the run out. I would not put the [redacted2] part on the internet, he would not like it..
1993 - The second game I found in a batch of games I found and it was in great shape, all original. All Williams artwork. I had a extra glass laying around so I pulled out the original glass and put that one in. I sold that one to a collector out of the country who was a friend. I think he still has it.
1996 - I got a request from a movie company and a swing club for the games so I made the 5 custom games. I had a friend in the printing business who made about 500 flyers for fun. I kept half of them, he got the rest and who knows were they went. I then did a second run of 30 glasses to put in the 5 games and sold the balance of glasses again to collectors. They are all long gone now. I did have the game at Pinball Fantasy 97 and then that one was traded for a new CD Jukebox at the show to a dealer back east and he sold it a few years later. Those games have custom artwork on sides and a custom plastic set plus a sound system inside that plays a custom tune when the bumpers are lit and the game starts up. It uses a tape system. They all had plaques on them also. The picture was at the Pinball Fantasy Show in 1997 in Las Vegas. It was taken by a staff member and was given to me. [See Files section; has name of game in large letters on lower cabinet.] Everyone knows these games because of the flyers.
The other games were never out there as I sold them quickly and never saw them again. Plus a lot of collectors put their glasses in original games so there are a lot of them out there. I have seen a few on ebay.
We have updated this listing to indicate only five customized games were made, as described by Herb and as shown in the flyer. Although the Limited Edition plaque on the coin door indicated 20 were to be made, there are no plans to make additional machines beyond the five produced. Any game seen with this customized backglass but having the original Williams cabinet art design is an unmodified Williams game that has had its backglass replaced with one of the extra glasses that Herb made and is not one of the five customized games.

This is all the 1990s. I said its probably from 1978-1981.

The whole thread is about me playing Bigfoot 1981/1982. Why do folks keep bringing up the 1990s and 'Big Dick'? I said 18 times the game has nothing to do with 'Big Dick' 1996. Are folks refusing to read the whole thread?

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sexy Girl conversion?

It might be some sort of conversion kit. I tried looking it up but didn't find anything.

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-bally-em-bigfoot-go/page/2#post-7053458
"It was right there, next to eventually Krull, Rat Race, and Big Dick. That's right, 'Big Dick' was right next to the food court and movie theater. It was the 'Dream Machine' arcade, Hadley, MA. Out the other end, was eventually (again) 'Records & Tapes' store. You had a Paragon on the right as you left the arcade."
Because you actually state "Big Dick" was there in your post.

I corrected myself 8 times??! So why ?

#152 1 year ago

Encom played Bigfoot in York, PA in the early 1980s. He must be lying too.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/dream-machine-hadley-ma-bigfoot-pinball.509279/#post-4537397

"Sorry, no pictures here but I do have a story for you. I played it in an arcade in York, PA back in the early 80's. (I'm thinking it was around 1982 as Gorgar had been there a while by then) The arcade had it set up directly behind the Hercules pin that they had. I remember wondering why they bothered making it an EM game as by then the solid state games were pretty much the norm and that it was more fun than Hercules to play. It was only there for a few weeks. (I have no proof nor anyone that can confirm my story ) The arcade that I remember it at always had the latest games and I suspect it was being used as a test location for some distributor or company as there are games that I remember playing that I have never seen again. Knowing now how rare the game is, my theory is that it was on some sort of promotional or test tour and made the rounds through a few arcades back then."

Bump back on topic

#153 1 year ago

...and... not to highjack the Bigfoot thread...
In my initial posts, I said it was near a game called 'Big Dick'. Folks jumped on me - 1996, blah blah blah..... Regardless, I cannot find the backglass for the game anywhere - its not on ipdb.org (I searched year by year), Google risque backglasses, I cannot find a picture of it anywhere... I feel it was again Dave Christensen artwork and a Bally, but I could be wrong. It was really taboo with a bunch of erections on it (this thing was set up at the mall... although Miss World was there as well).
A few years ago, I saw on EBAY the backglass go by... didn't bid on it because what the heck was I going to do with that? So... there is recent memory of the game given the EBAY auction and not 40 year old memories. Somebody out there has the backglass. I don't know if it was called 'Big Dick'... I thought it was. It could have been something else. I'm guessing 1978 - 1981 time frame. I've found more pictures of the Bigfoot game than this so I cannot post it here - but somebody out there knows something... it was probably another one off. It was next to a Gottlieb 'Goin' Nuts' pinball machine in Dream Machine.
Goin' Nuts sucked too.

#154 1 year ago

#156 1 year ago

Encom played Bigfoot in York, PA in the early 1980s. He must be lying too.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/dream-machine-hadley-ma-bigfoot-pinball.509279/#post-4537397

"Sorry, no pictures here but I do have a story for you. I played it in an arcade in York, PA back in the early 80's. (I'm thinking it was around 1982 as Gorgar had been there a while by then) The arcade had it set up directly behind the Hercules pin that they had. I remember wondering why they bothered making it an EM game as by then the solid state games were pretty much the norm and that it was more fun than Hercules to play. It was only there for a few weeks. (I have no proof nor anyone that can confirm my story ) The arcade that I remember it at always had the latest games and I suspect it was being used as a test location for some distributor or company as there are games that I remember playing that I have never seen again. Knowing now how rare the game is, my theory is that it was on some sort of promotional or test tour and made the rounds through a few arcades back then."

Bump back on topic

#158 1 year ago

No its not Sexy Girl, but that one was there too on location next to it.

I can't find any documentation on it - and I've looked hard... X-rated, different pinball manufactures, some stupid conversion kit from Europe, artists, etc.... I'm just going to watch EBAY for the backglass again. Maybe it will pop up one day.

I believe you are probably right... some conversion kit for 'Star Trek' or something that they probably only made 3 of at the time, and no one has it documented.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Big. Dick.
It’s just fun to say!

Damn straight!

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Perhaps you should edit or amend the post.

I did

#165 1 year ago

What do folks think about Encom's post ?

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

HE'S A FUCKING LIAR!!!

Bahahaha! Fucker!

#171 1 year ago

I think I lost my virginity to a sock.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

was it the topless version of Twin Win? https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2689&picno=2553
1974 game so perhaps not

No, no.... it was something off the beaten path. It wasn't Miss World (it was there), Sexy Girl (it was there), Playboy with the red playfield (it was there).. It was Cartoony, cocks... Big Dick (same name, not 1996)... again probably one off or so of some Star Trek conversion. It doesn't seem to be documented.

I'll find it someday and post here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bayoubilly70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-bally-em-bigfoot-go?tu=bayoubilly70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.