• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
rs.gif
91C64C16-3920-408D-8775-90584141C3E5 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

As the only distributor in USA we sold them all here and they ended up mostly in the hands of collectors and a few locations. As much as people like to talk negatively about stuff they haven't played or played much (not referring to anyone in particular or anything just in general) many i sold to still has have their game and enjoy it and are looking forward to Spinal Tap - but of course a number of them did re-sell as well. Remember Pinside is a tiny but loud microcosm of pinball collectors and people who enjoy something may not be on here and if they were you think they're going to voice that opinion and get the shit beat out of them - probably not. Many 'collectors' just like having something rare that nobody else has. Frankly the game has more mechanical stuff going on with it than may current games that sell for double or triple the price. Is it everyone's cup of tea, absolutely not. I think whoever has them is enjoying them now that they settled into the hands of appreciative owners and most won't be for sale - that happens alot with many things that are low production - a few sell over and over but many eventually find a happy forever home. How about the Mafia - none of those for sale either. Same deal but we only had / sold 2 the 10 of those made.
Be nice everyone - it's only pinball : )
Joe

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Interesting take. But Nope. That’s not it. It’s almost as if you haven’t played one before. It is not hyperbole when I say tbag is the worst pinball machine ever made that I have personally played. I have not played a more pathetically bad and less enjoyable game ever. It fell out of the suck tree and hit every branch.

It's a take from an owner and someone who sold every one in the US and knows who bought them, and what their opinions are of it. Many of those are on the interested list for Spinal Tap. Frankly, the last few were extremely hard to sell while the first ones were really easy to those loving the theme or wanting something unique. Did some despise it - absolutely. Do some still enjoy owning it - absolutely. I speak from a position of experience in answering the question asked of where they are and why not for sale. Maybe with the low numbers built - there's just enough out there to find happy owners. That's all i'm not trying to make any commentary of the game or debate anyone. There's a ton of rich dudes with expensive non playable Magic Girls aren't there ? Kind of the same logic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-all-the-thunderbirds-go?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.