(Topic ID: 247536)

Where did all the Bob Ross paintings go?

By ImNotNorm

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by HobbyGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30F71498-4AC9-4399-885C-BFE12894877E (resized).jpeg
    20211225_111504.jpg
    D3F33C20-D3CB-4072-83B3-95C4E0D249D8 (resized).jpeg
    Bob Ross (resized).png
    20190720_171939 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

The New York Times found out.

#2 4 years ago

That was awesome! Thanks for posting!

#3 4 years ago

Yep very informative
    Bob the positive vibe man

#4 4 years ago

Very cool. It surprised me when my daughter really got into his shows a while back. Pretty amazing what impact he had with a little painting show on PBS. For fun, I tried to find some of his paintings to buy but none were out there. Now I know why. Strange they don't at least sell some of them.

#5 4 years ago

Never really thought about why his paintings weren't in circulation. I'm sure people would go completely bonkers over them if a few went up for auction.

#6 4 years ago

Interesting......one of my neighbors that just moved in lived next door to Bob Ross in Florida....

#7 4 years ago

I tried tracking some down 10 years ago or so as I wanted to add some conversation pieces. Everything I found was 1500-5k at that time and I just wouldn’t pay it.

#8 4 years ago

Good post. I enjoyed it!

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I always thought he donated one of each to various hospitals after each show.

#10 4 years ago

Very interesting to watch and learn a bit more.

#11 4 years ago

Loved that! thank you

#12 4 years ago

I find it fascinating that the reason Bob Ross spoke in such a smooth and calm way was because he used to be a Sergeant in the military and vowed never to scream again!

#13 4 years ago

Seems like a damn crime that all that art is just packed in boxes.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like a damn crime that all that art is just packed in boxes.

There's a lot of artwork out there that's just sitting around packed in boxes.

#15 4 years ago

I saw one sell at a local auction a few years ago right after he died. Seems like it brought around $400 bucks. All i can remember about it was some nature scene . I thought to my self man i should buy that thing but just figured i get a ass chewing from the wife something like were we gonna hang that thing .

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

I saw one sell at a local auction a few years ago right after he died. Seems like it brought around $400 bucks. All i can remember about it was some nature scene . I thought to my self man i should buy that thing but just figured i get a ass chewing from the wife something like were we gonna hang that thing .

Probably could have funded a couple machines from profits.

#17 4 years ago

That was great! Fun little blip

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

You sure it wasnt a fake??

#19 4 years ago

I am not sure thats just how the sellers and auction house represented it . I would have thought there were hundreds of his works out there.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

I am not sure thats just how the sellers and auction house represented it . I would have thought there were hundreds of his works out there.

How do you spot a fake Bob Ross painting?

You can buy it.

#21 4 years ago

This thread reminded me of Saturday (maybe Sunday?) mornings when I was younger and there were only a couple channels on the television. After all the cartoons were over Bob Ross was always there as the finale. Funny, I have more of a memory of his show and his painting than I do the cartoons!

#22 4 years ago

Great video. Thanks for the post.

#23 4 years ago

I've been watching forever.

20190720_171939 (resized).jpg20190720_171939 (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago

Success is having your likeness as a Chia Pet. I may have to order me one of these. . .

Bob Ross (resized).pngBob Ross (resized).png
    #25 4 years ago

Let me get this straight. Bob Ross, Inc. is run by an idiot and now the government owns them all. Jeez, I never liked his paintings, but liked him. However, that is a damned shame.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Let me get this straight. Bob Ross, Inc. is run by an idiot and now the government owns them all. Jeez, I never liked his paintings, but liked him. However, that is a damned shame.

I think we watched a different show.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Wait. What?!!

#28 4 years ago

Bob Ross, the originator of the ASMR.

Brings back a lot of memories watching this on Channel 11 (Chicago), thinking around late afternoonish on Saturdays.

I know the video has stated his paintings weren't available for purchase to the public mass, but there are two on Ebay right now.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Brings back a lot of memories watching this on Channel 11 (Chicago), thinking around late afternoonish on Saturdays.
    I know the video has stated his paintings weren't available for purchase to the public mass, but there are two on Ebay right now.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

As the show said there are a lot of "Bob Ross inspired" paintings out there and outright fakes that people have bought that later were told they weren't actually original Bob Ross. Since there's ZERO provenance listed for the ones for sale on Ebay, and no pictures of the canvas with the production markings on the edges, I would be very skepical that they're legit.

2 weeks later
    #31 4 years ago

I found this one at a rest area in Wyoming

D3F33C20-D3CB-4072-83B3-95C4E0D249D8 (resized).jpegD3F33C20-D3CB-4072-83B3-95C4E0D249D8 (resized).jpeg
    2 years later
    #32 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Bob!

20211225_111504.jpg20211225_111504.jpg
    #33 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Merry Christmas Bob!
    [quoted image]

Looks like he has a Kung Fu grip on that paintbrush.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Looks like he has a Kung Fu grip on that paintbrush.

Makes sense. He was a drill Sargeant in the US Air Force.

https://lavenderribboncs.org/celebrities/bob-ross-was-a-drill-sergeant-for-20-years-before-he-became-a-beloved-artist-and-tv-star/

#35 2 years ago

He died young - looks like he didn't take care of himself. Loved his shows.

#36 2 years ago

#37 2 years ago

Every once in awhile I have a few drinks and decide I need a Bob Ross painting. I figured with 3 every show there must be thousands out there. I didn't really care which one, just wanted one. I guess my search is over. The few that I found for crazy money were probably fake anyway. Thanks you for giving me some closure, ha!

#38 2 years ago

I would love to own an original Bob Ross painting.

7 months later
    #39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I would love to own an original Bob Ross painting.

This one is affordable

30F71498-4AC9-4399-885C-BFE12894877E (resized).jpeg30F71498-4AC9-4399-885C-BFE12894877E (resized).jpeg
    #40 1 year ago

I think he raps better than Picasso.

1 year later
    #42 6 months ago

Wow!

So much money, but such a cool piece of history and art to have!

I hope it goes to a Smithsonian and is displayed for everyone for all time. What a gift that would be for the world!

#43 6 months ago

All those paintings, yet all those pure white walls in the Bob Ross offices.

#44 6 months ago

Some where I read that Bob did 3 identical paintings per episode. This made filming, and editing easier. His heirs have all the paintings stored away.

#45 6 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Some where I read that Bob did 3 identical paintings per episode. This made filming, and editing easier. His heirs have all the paintings stored away.

The video at the start of this thread explains all that. Worth 10 minute watch.

#46 6 months ago

I agree. It was a good watch.

1 week later
    #48 6 months ago

I met Bob Ross in college - he was looking at our computer lab and my poor computer images at the time - back before they were fast enough to do anything. Very nice guy, soft spoken.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-did-all-the-bob-ross-paintings-go?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.