(Topic ID: 226457)

Where can you get a low-friction moving mat?

By HighVoltage

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I once picked up a game from someone that had a low-friction mat that's apparently used by movers. It really made loading the machine easy and slid right out from under the machine afterwards. I think I want one of these.

I googled around, but I must not know what these are actually referred to or something.

#2 5 years ago

Following. Sounds like a good way to protect the trunk/tailgate edge of a car while making it easier to load a game.

#3 5 years ago

I use a sheet of hardboard tempered masonite and a Harbor Freight moving blanket. The slick surface of the hardboard with the blanket on top, and the pin slides right into the van

#4 5 years ago

That's nice MacGyvering of this concept, but I'd like to find the real thing. It was really slick: when I used it, it seemed great to slide the pin onto the pickup bed. Then I thought, okay, but how do you get the mat out from underneath now?! I grabbed it with one hand and it slid right out with little effort - like magic.

I'll take a peak at the masonite next time I'm in the hardware store though: curious how thick and how expensive it is.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Is this it??
    amazon.com link »

That's definitely the right category, thanks! I wish I remembered the brand of the one I used (think it also had some goofy name), maybe it was a little bigger, seemed to cover the full length of the pin if I remember correctly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-you-get-a-low-friction-moving-mat?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.