(Topic ID: 27393)

Where can you buy a quality restored EM game from someone reputable ?

By cgdexpx

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SAM_2954.JPG
    SAM_2964.JPG
    SAM_2822.JPG
    SAM_3288.JPG
    SAM_3297.JPG
    SAM_3286.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I would like to buy a restored game EM , including cabinet . Somewhere in the range of 12 hours from Michigan which could be anywhere . This would save me shipping and even allow me to check out the restorer .

If I cannot find anyone in this range I would consider anywhere in the US .

#3 11 years ago

Sorry, but they are in California.

#4 11 years ago

are they still in business? There website games list is 10/29/11.

a year since a site update?

#5 11 years ago

I would not recommend Pinball Revival to my worst enemy based on my personal experience with them.

Based on their website and a phone call, I agreed to purchase a Gottlieb Melody that would repair the art damage on the playfield as well as the backglass, professionally shopped and cleaned and the cabinet would be restored.

I was sold a "professionally refurbished Melody" that would be as nice "as the day it came from the factory" for a premium price.

I received a game that was not even properly cleaned nor was it functioning properly. The game was not worth half of the premium price paid.

After complaining privately, the email discussion ceased after 3 emails. 1st email was me asking for a a partial refund. 2nd email was a response saying he would not refund the amount requested. 3rd email was me asking for a number that Pinball Revival felt was fair.

Never received another email.

I should have known something was strange when I wasn't provided pictures of the finished restoration prior to sending the final payment.

I learned a valuable lesson. I lost over $1,000 in value. And Pinball Revival lost a customer who would have returned had they lived up to their end of the bargain.

Marcus

Post edited by Xerico : typo correction

#6 11 years ago

I heard they are way behind on getting games finished for people. This may be why the long time since a site update. I won't comment Marcus's issues with his game other than to say he's right.

#7 11 years ago

I've got 2 done right now.Queen of diamonds and Sitten pretty.Both are stunning,Give me a call.
    Homer Stevens 989-689-5159 I'm in Hope,Mi

#8 11 years ago

Spendy but high quality folks...

http://www.pinrescue.com/

rody

#9 11 years ago

Here's a few pics.
    Homer

SAM_3286.JPGSAM_3286.JPG SAM_3297.JPGSAM_3297.JPG SAM_3288.JPGSAM_3288.JPG

#10 11 years ago

Here's a few more,I'm not the best photographer.
    Homer

SAM_2822.JPGSAM_2822.JPG SAM_2964.JPGSAM_2964.JPG SAM_2954.JPGSAM_2954.JPG

#11 11 years ago

What about HEP?

#12 11 years ago

Last I heard, they don't restore EM's.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

What about HEP?

#13 11 years ago

I have talked several times with Pinball Revival. And was about to buy a machine from them. Yes I know they never update the website . But I also know they have been around over ten years. The story above has me scared now. Heck is anybody reputable in this avenue lol ? I guess I will have to keep searching for someone closer. How about a place called Classic in Ky any info ?

I have heard a lot of negatives on Herb Silvers Fabulous Fantasy they are compettion to Pinball Revival.

So SCASEY do you have actual expierience with Pinball Revival or are just suggesting I check thier site ?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Spendy but high quality folks...

Do you have actual expierience with them ? I could drive there and check it out. Guess will have too. Although when I talked to them I got the feeling they did more of a shop out then a restore ?

I guess I was going to take a chance on Pinball Revival but now a bit scared off. I first talked to Pinball Revival in 1999 and they are still around although does that really mean anything ?

#15 11 years ago

What you looking for? I've got games in the queue, but it may be a while. Sittin Pretty (2), World Fair, Central Park, Knock Out, Flipper Parade. Won't be able to paint cabs til next year though...

Scott

BTW - that Sittin' Pretty is NICE!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

What you looking for? I've got games in the queue, but it may be a while. Sittin Pretty (2), World Fair, Central Park, Knock Out, Flipper Parade. Won't be able to paint cabs til next year though...

Scott

BTW - that Sittin' Pretty is NICE

I will call you Saturday . Just drove by Dayton a few weeks ago.

My main interest right now is Sinbad, Genie , Royal Flush .

3 months later
    #17 11 years ago

Do you have any games available . How can I reach you ?
    [email protected]

#18 11 years ago

Wow, homer, sweet work! I don't know if expx wants player or collector. If he wants player, try zapdbf.com near Dayton, OH

#19 11 years ago

Nice work Stevens ^

#20 11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments,Both of these are sold.
    Homer

#21 11 years ago

Dave Metrando from Highland, NY. Nick Raschilla from Green Lane, PA. Dave brings excellent, restored games to both Allentown and York Shows each year. Nick does high end restorations. Both are excellent men and a credit to the em end of the hobby.
    Harry Irvin

11 months later
    #22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I would not recommend Pinball Revival to my worst enemy based on my personal experience with them.
    Based on their website and a phone call, I agreed to purchase a Gottlieb Melody that would repair the art damage on the playfield as well as the backglass, professionally shopped and cleaned and the cabinet would be restored.
    I was sold a "professionally refurbished Melody" that would be as nice "as the day it came from the factory" for a premium price.
    I received a game that was not even properly cleaned nor was it functioning properly. The game was not worth half of the premium price paid.
    After complaining privately, the email discussion ceased after 3 emails. 1st email was me asking for a a partial refund. 2nd email was a response saying he would not refund the amount requested. 3rd email was me asking for a number that Pinball Revival felt was fair.
    Never received another email.
    I should have known something was strange when I wasn't provided pictures of the finished restoration prior to sending the final payment.
    I learned a valuable lesson. I lost over $1,000 in value. And Pinball Revival lost a customer who would have returned had they lived up to their end of the bargain.
    Marcus
    Post edited by Xerico : typo correction

I played this game in person and was astonished at how far from collector quality this machine was. I think Marcus paid 2200 for this machine and it was worth about 1200-1400 dollars tops. The playfield was so faded. It was such a shame. This machine was better than player I would give it a 8 out of 10 condition all around. He also saved me from buying anything from them.

#23 10 years ago

I've seen Homer's stuff in person and he does a really nice job.

#24 10 years ago

Homer, you are making me cry at my own lame attempts at restoration. Man that is nice work.

#25 10 years ago

The next time I am in the market for another machine I will have to see if Homer has anything for sale.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I've seen Homer's stuff in person and he does a really nice job.

That's high praise.

Nice to see there are folks that still care about the older classics.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-you-buy-a-quality-restored-em-game-from-someone-reputable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.