You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KINPIN.png
image.jpg
Kingpin_Flyer_2010.jpg
Kingpin_flyer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Are you serious? I thought it might be in the BBB territory, but no more than that.

Maybe if IPB had reproduced the 150 of them as planned, they would go for that price.

Unfortunately, Gene didn't have the money to buy the recent one for sale to reverse engineer.

So currently, the project is dead in the water.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Perhaps he would sell the rights to another group one day...people interprited his "prepare for pigs to fly" comment as being in reference to him finally making KP...but perhaps it was a reference that he plans to sell the rights to it.

Maybe, maybe not.

Prior to the 2008 economic collapse, 122 of 150 had signed up to make the project a reality.

Ohhhh, so close!

#38 11 years ago

Here was the first request July '08....

Kingpin_flyer.jpgKingpin_flyer.jpg

#40 11 years ago

Last request, June 2010....

Kingpin_Flyer_2010.jpgKingpin_Flyer_2010.jpg

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow, that was close. They would probably hit 150 in today's market if the project had not already been attempted and failed by Gene. Would love to see this game become a reality at some point; though with all the new pins in the making I am not sure if I would jump on the pre-order list honestly.

Somebody with real good credibility could make it work.

Since everything is already there, no need to drag out the project for years on end either.

One year...max!

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

?
You need to make boards. Get one IC that is security protected and can't be copied.
Not to mention cabinets, playfields, plastics, etc.
None of that currently exists. And won't happen over night.
Being able to copy the game and sound ROMs won't make the rest happen. And unless you have an assembly line and work force. I think you'd end up at least as long as the BBB project.
There might be a few short cuts. But a year...max ?
LTG : )

Last I heard, Gene had got past the IC issue. The only delay in the project was lack of capital.

All of the blueprints are there but yes, without a strong assembly line like Stern, these would take longer than a year.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Real BBB go for 30-40k as well. Remember there was 10-11 of each of the original protos.

The last auction for an original BBB on eBay proved that they no longer go for that much.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Gene secured a Kingpin for reproduction purposes when he would be ready to go... The last update I got was the reverse engineering was done on the chip. Then after testing the reverse engineering on the chip there was issues with it that appeared during play and its back to being worked on.. Capital is not a issue, its solely the chip reverse engineering that Gene has been spending thousands to have fixed... Unfortunately he's not getting any younger so chances are he may never push it through and the next capcom rights owner will have to decide

Collectors are spending a lot of money on new 'dream list' and boutique pins.

I believe that by the time this goes public again, if ever, there will be little if not no interest.

Not to mention, these were going to be sold for $8K.....five years ago!

How much would they go for years from now if IPB, or someone else, makes the announcement again???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider magic_mike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-play-a-capcom-kingpin?tu=magic_mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.