You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KINPIN.png
image.jpg
Kingpin_Flyer_2010.jpg
Kingpin_flyer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider louknees.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking to play a Capcom Kingpin machine and the two places listed that have them don't. The national pinball museum sold theirs (I don't know where it went) and Ground Kontrol in Portland has a 1973 gottlieb game called King Pin, different game.

I'd be willing to travel, as I'm doing my big year this year and this is one game that I'd really to play after playing Big Bang Bar this past weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Lou

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

only public one on the pinside map is
Ground Kontrol
511 NW Couch St, Portland, OR 97209, USA
not sure if this still exists

That is not the capcom kingpin, ground kontrol has a bowling themed pin from 1973 called king pin. The map has the wrong information

#15 11 years ago

I might have to fly out to CA from Nj for that show. I just checked out the California extreme show website and kingpin is listed on 2013 list of games. Hopefully I can find it closer to me. I am planning to go to the museum in Las Vegas to check out the pinball circus machine (I think there are only 2 of them) and I don't know where the other one is.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

David Silver was a pleasure to do work with when i purchased the Kingpin from him...nice guy hopefully he gets a museum up and running again some where

Yes, I went Saturday for the first time and really enjoyed the museum. A really nice selection of games.

#46 11 years ago

Here's a flyer my buddy got regarding the kingpin. I don't know when it was probably one of the 1st ones. Has the price at 7k

image.jpgimage.jpg

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

I talked to the owner of the Kingpin at CAX last year, I think he plans to have it there every year. Nice guy also.

This looks like a great show and I'll be able to play the kingpin. Who else is going? I'd love to split hotel accomodations with someone or get a ride from the airport. I'm looking at flights and I found a nice priced one.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Kingpin had 9 prototypes
Big Bang Bar had 14
I talked with one KP proto owner and it perished in a house fire so there are only 8 in existence. I believe he owned a BBB proto also.

He did own a BBB proto as well, so both kingpin and BBB burned in a fire, so it looks like there are 8 Kingpin Protos and 13 BBB protos around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider louknees.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-play-a-capcom-kingpin?tu=louknees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.