You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KINPIN.png
image.jpg
Kingpin_Flyer_2010.jpg
Kingpin_flyer.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Makes the MM for 20k seem like a deal.

Real BBB go for 30-40k as well. Remember there was 10-11 of each of the original protos.

#52 11 years ago

Played it one night at a gracious collector's house. What struck me the most about it, after a few games, was how it felt exactly like Whodunnit. The ruleset, the callouts, the flow of the game, everything screamed Whodunnit to me.

The CPU controlled variable strength flippers were way cool, though.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Real BBB go for 30-40k as well

This. If gene would have kept track of the orders- they hit over their commitment level long ago. I am not sure how they kept track of the commitments, but the people I know that committed Gene has no record of. I personally emailed, faxed (no answer), and snail mailed. Also made a request through IPB website more than once. I gave up once Gambit ragged everyone's ass for even thinking there was a chance still. I am now firmly in "this is vaporware" camp.

#54 11 years ago

Ooh, I didn't know about Kingpin. My mom just bought a Pinball Magic that we are picking up on Saturday, so I've been looking into the Capcoms more. From what little I've played in the settings, it seems very cool. I'd love to play one of these someday too.

#55 11 years ago

I love Kingpin as I was lucky to play it several times at yhr national pinball museum.

I do hope Gene or someone else reproduces these and opens it up to make a run of 250 or more

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Ha funny to read. I was the "tall dude" and remember that game.

I think it might have been blimpey......just a shot in the dark, though.

You made me not want to play that game because of your score!

I came back later and played it, though. So don't worry.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Real BBB go for 30-40k as well. Remember there was 10-11 of each of the original protos.

Interesting. I had no idea.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

Played it one night at a gracious collector's house. What struck me the most about it, after a few games, was how it felt exactly like Whodunnit. The ruleset, the callouts, the flow of the game, everything screamed Whodunnit to me.
The CPU controlled variable strength flippers were way cool, though.

W?D didn't come to mind once when I was playing KingPin, and I've owned a W?D.

#59 11 years ago

Kingpin seems to have some Who Dunnit sounds as well as some Big Bang Bar sounds. Here is a video someone took of it where you can hear the sounds/audio (unfortunately, you can't see too well):

And here is a Kingpin emulation video where you can see some of the game features:

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

The last auction for an original BBB on eBay proved that they no longer go for that much.

#61 11 years ago

Wow, feel even more honored to have played one at a private party. Not sure he likes people talking about his parties... Sorta like Fight Club. Amazing collection though.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wow, feel even more honored to have played one at a private party. Not sure he likes people talking about his parties... Sorta like Fight Club. Amazing collection though.

^This.

I've been able to play two different Kingpins in the past few years, both belonging to private collectors. One is gone, one remains. Can't wait to play it again soon. Much better than W?D, even in it's unfinished state.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Gene secured a Kingpin for reproduction purposes when he would be ready to go... The last update I got was the reverse engineering was done on the chip. Then after testing the reverse engineering on the chip there was issues with it that appeared during play and its back to being worked on.. Capital is not a issue, its solely the chip reverse engineering that Gene has been spending thousands to have fixed... Unfortunately he's not getting any younger so chances are he may never push it through and the next capcom rights owner will have to decide

Collectors are spending a lot of money on new 'dream list' and boutique pins.

I believe that by the time this goes public again, if ever, there will be little if not no interest.

Not to mention, these were going to be sold for $8K.....five years ago!

How much would they go for years from now if IPB, or someone else, makes the announcement again???

#64 11 years ago

If they are reproduced, I'll buy one, absolutely!

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

No they don't. Kingpin gets the $$$. The value of the original BBB's has been seriously diluted by the reproductions.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Collectors are spending a lot of money on new 'dream list' and boutique pins.
I believe that by the time this goes public again, if ever, there will be little if not no interest.
Not to mention, these were going to be sold for $8K.....five years ago!
How much would they go for years from now if IPB, or someone else, makes the announcement again???

Since buying the kingpin for him I've been offered by two people 35k+ to buy it from him... Those who are well off and into pinball want rare games and will spend to do it..I love the 5 years ago comment. Wish 5 years ago I bought 1k ounces of gold it was only a dime on the dollar back then too

#67 11 years ago

I had the privilege to play Kingpin at the NPM on several occasions. It was one of three pins there that you actually had to pay $1 per play. The others were BBB and Breakshot.

For such a rare game, I really didn't mind paying the $1 and now I am glad I did since NPM sold their game and have also recently closed. I figured it may very well be the last time I ever get to play this game besides any video game version.

I wish you luck in your search to find one available to play, louknees. In my opinion, it is worth the search.

#68 11 years ago

I played about $20 worth on David Silverman's KP before he sold it. Gameplay, sounds, DOTS and art are bad ass. Very well done for a prototype.

Gene's progress on the KP remake is still up in the air. He used to bring a peliminary cabinet and whitewood to shows. Everything sort of stagnated the past few years. I was on the list but never recieved an update.

Original Capcom Prototypes are big $$$

Kingpin had 9 prototypes
Big Bang Bar had 14

I talked with one KP proto owner and it perished in a house fire so there are only 8 in existence. I believe he owned a BBB proto also.

KINPIN.pngKINPIN.png

Thanks,
Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Kingpin had 9 prototypes
Big Bang Bar had 14
I talked with one KP proto owner and it perished in a house fire so there are only 8 in existence. I believe he owned a BBB proto also.

He did own a BBB proto as well, so both kingpin and BBB burned in a fire, so it looks like there are 8 Kingpin Protos and 13 BBB protos around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-play-a-capcom-kingpin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.