Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l300 (resized).jpg
    inllldex (resized).jpg
    20210315_092838_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    20210315_092825_resized (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

This is the AC line for a TZ, Where can I find it like this...all three wires connected? Also where can I find this filter boot? (man that's dusty) Thanks Gents...

20210315_092825_resized (resized).jpg20210315_092825_resized (resized).jpg20210315_092838_resized_1 (resized).jpg20210315_092838_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

That's called 3 Conductor Zip Cord

It's usually used nowadays for towing trailers

Make sure the stuff you buy is rated for 120v, because some trailer wire is only rated for 32v

inllldex (resized).jpginllldex (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's called 3 Conductor Zip Cord
    It's usually used nowadays for towing trailers
    Make sure the stuff you buy is rated for 120v, because some trailer wire is only rated for 32v
    [quoted image]

Thanks Vid, what about that boot?

#4 3 years ago

Looks kind of like this. Is it metal? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9682-1

#5 3 years ago

You can purchase a 3 conductor extension cord and cut the ends off. You'll essentially have the same thing.

#6 3 years ago

Yup that's it...contacted Marco and they didn't know they sold it...thanks gents

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

You can purchase a 3 conductor extension cord and cut the ends off. You'll essentially have the same thing.

True...

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Thanks Vid, what about that boot?

I'd just wash the old boot off.

Otherwise you will have to get a heat shrink cable boot and make one

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
    #9 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd just wash the old boot off.
    Otherwise you will have to get a heat shrink cable boot and make one[quoted image]

Yeah I dont have the old one..putting an IEC AC power box in an older machine that didn't have one...so all new...so where to get that cable boot

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

...so where to get that cable boot

It's just a normal electrical part you get at any electrical supply house.

#11 3 years ago

Your pics show the original cord was 18 AWG (gauge). Printed right on the wire. Make sure your new cord is at least 18 gauge and no longer than the original or you could get unexpected resets.

#12 3 years ago

I'll look thanks Vid

Quoted from phishrace:

Your pics show the original cord was 18 AWG (gauge). Printed right on the wire. Make sure your new cord is at least 18 gauge and no longer than the original or you could get unexpected resets.

Yeah I'll keep it at 18ga

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah I'll keep it at 18ga

Or anything lower.

So if you find 16ga or 12ga, that would be even better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-can-i-get-this-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.