(Topic ID: 17471)

Where can I get Dr Dude sling shot plastics?

By pinballslave

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinballslave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MAD_payment_problem.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Apart from MAD Amusements...??

I'd happily buy from them, but for some reason their site is blocking the sale with the following message, which I simply can't get round at all... so I'm stuck... writing to them with the problem results in nothing (so far) so it looks like I need to find a new supplier...

Is there anyone else out there??

MAD_payment_problem.JPG

#2 7 years ago

As the Dude would say, "excellent!". I didn't know they had these. So I ordered the plastics and Cliffy ramp protectors from Mad today. It worked fine, payment is through PayPal.

Shipping is a bit on the high side, but I have not seen the plastics anywhere else.

I would try again.

steve

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from sscharf:

It worked fine, payment is through PayPal.

So you didn't get the 'no payment modules have been installed yet' message like I did...? When I get this message, then there's no way I can see to overcome the problem... I simply can't see anywhere where I can 'install a payment module', there's no 'pay now' button and no payment methods of any kind...

I wrote AND called MAD (left a voice message), but no reply... I hear they are bad at dealing with problems... If the site works and there are no questions regarding anything, it's perfect... if you need to ask something or encounter any problem with processing the order... forget it... That's how it seems to work at MAD :-/

#4 7 years ago

I had no problems. A payment module error indicates a problem at their end. But you might want to try different web browser, maybe that might clear things up.

steve

#5 7 years ago

It may be because you are from outside the US. MA was having issues with overseas orders. He may have said screw it and won't deal with it anymore. This is totally just a guess. Do you know anyone over here you trust to order and ship for you?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

It may be because you are from outside the US. MA was having issues with overseas orders. He may have said screw it and won't deal with it anymore. This is totally just a guess. Do you know anyone over here you trust to order and ship for you?

I was thinking the same... I gave a US shipping address too, but maybe my non-US billing address and therefore payment source is messing it up for the reasons you describe... I've asked a US friend to help out, so hopefully that will get it fixed!!

Quoted from sscharf:

But you might want to try different web browser, maybe that might clear things up.

I'm going to give this a go too... Hopefully I won't end up with double the number I want if both I and my friend place the order at the same time

Edit: Just tried it from Firefox instead of IE, and I get the same message... I wrote AGAIN through the 'contact us' link, asking them to either help or simply let me know that it's not possible for me to buy from them so I can look elswhere... I don't expect a reply... If they don't want overseas customers, why do they have the non-US shipping options in the list I wonder...? Probably easier to leave them there than take them out I suppose... but it would save people a LOT of time wading through their site filling their baskets only to find out they've got to go elswhere...

#7 7 years ago

Since we are complaining about their website.... I placed my order, kind of annoyed about the $15 shipping, but knowing that there were probably no other sources. Mike later sent me an e-mail asking for shipping preference, then refunded $9.15, without me asking. So it worked out well, but it would be nicer to know before placing the order.

steve

1 month later
#8 7 years ago

Olso wanted the slingshot plastics, but they must be send in a box by USPS EMS Express, which costs $36.95 for shipping to the Netherlands. MAD refuses to send it in an ( cheaper ) envelope, even if I take the risk of the demage, if there is.
Very unfriendly and strange of Mike.

Henri

#9 7 years ago

I think Mike only sells in the U.S now, you have to get a U.S pinballer to buy them and then ship to you.
All foreign buyer get the same message.
Mike does refund shipping charge overage.

#10 7 years ago

My life was dull, my life was drastic til I acquired my slingshot plastics...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

My life was dull, my life was drastic til I acquired my slingshot plastics...

Nice poetry

steve

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from sscharf:

..then refunded $9.15, without me asking. So it worked out well, but it would be nicer to know before placing the order.
steve

Yep that's the way he always works.

#13 7 years ago

I ended up getting round this by placing the order with a false US address as my home address and the same US address as the shipping address (a friend of mine in Texas), this is how Mike advised 'getting round the problem' it seems to have all worked out fine... I haven't got the plastics yet though because my friend is away on holiday.... so hopefully they're waiting for him when he gets back!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lizella, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside